The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by queen-bee
Spot on.
Muslims,you should never ever ever feel the need to apologise for something you did not take part in! Place no blame on yourself at all.

Culture and society it where it starts otherwise people would take the Old Testament seriously.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Interesting Paul. So when the next school shoot out happens in an American school or university are you going to apologise on behave of the White kid that did it and take responsibility? And have you done so too in the past? Answer is no. Islam is not a culture,it is a religion. Know the difference.

Damn right the answer is no. Why would I a white British male apologise for a white American male that shoots up a school because he is an Elliot Rodgers and THEIR society allows almost everyone to own a gun?

Now if I were an American and that school happened to be all French people for arguments sake then yes why not? After all I would be a member of society that lets that happen.

Further to that I'm talking about society in both a macro and micro sense.

Macro would be the laws that allows it to happen.

Micro would be the friends and family of this person that didn't stop it happening.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Because of the west? Why are they no bombing China or all these other places? What is it about the west that has these jihadists so irritated? Ofcourse the west isn't entirely to blame but to just point fingers entirely at Arabs when you've invaded and ruined their lands completely(Iraq is just complete anarchy now) thanks bush!

You didn't answer the question what happened before the invasion of Afghanistan to warrant those attacks?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Blair and Bush should be trailed for war crimes. They went into an unjust war in Iraq and made extremism grow in the Middle East.
As a Tory, I must also hold the last coalition Government for supporting the Sunni 'Rebels' in Syria by funding and arming them. The west is partly to blame for the grow of 'ISIS' no question.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
Damn right the answer is no. Why would I a white British male apologise for a white American male that shoots up a school because he is an Elliot Rodgers and THEIR society allows almost everyone to own a gun?

Now if I were an American and that school happened to be all French people for arguments sake then yes why not? After all I would be a member of society that lets that happen.

Further to that I'm talking about society in both a macro and micro sense.

Macro would be the laws that allows it to happen.

Micro would be the friends and family of this person that didn't stop it happening.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So why're you asking Muslims to apologise then? Just because they share the same religion. Culture and religion are not the same. Two completely different things so I don't understand how Muslims from around the world are being asked to condemn this. That's none of their business. The majority of Muslims dislike ISIS
we face this kind of atrocity on a daily basis in the ME.

We :biggrin:

Don't see much of this in London Queeny (yet)

Remind us all were you were born....
Original post by BaconandSauce
We :biggrin:

Don't see much of this in London Queeny (yet)

Remind us all were you were born....

Yes we,because I speak on behave on my Arab brothers and sisters. Call me the spokesperson for Arab if you wish. I'm Syrian
It all links back to the west and instability in the region

No sorry answer the question. What are the specific things that were done to warrant those attacks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes we,because I speak on behave on my Arab brothers and sisters. Call me the spokesperson for Arab if you wish. I'm Syrian

I don't speak for white people I speak for British people as that is my identity.

Another issue

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
No sorry answer the question. What are the specific things that were done to warrant those attacks

Posted from TSR Mobile

You want me to say because of Islam but guess what,I'm not gonna say it.
(edited 8 years ago)
So why're you asking Muslims to apologise then? Just because they share the same religion. Culture and religion are not the same. Two completely different things so I don't understand how Muslims from around the world are being asked to condemn this. That's none of their business. The majority of Muslims dislike ISIS

Culture/Society comes off the back of religion that's where laws and customs started.

Posted from TSR Mobile
You want me to say because of Islam but guess what,I'm gonna say it.

Nope I want you to state the reasons.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Good for you sweety!

I speak for British Arabs and Arabs in the Middle East :wink:

No issues. You can't expect us to forget all about our motherlands just because we live in the UK

Perhaps sort out your motherland then

Also what's wrong with saying Syrian? Why must it be Arab

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
Culture/Society comes off the back of religion that's where laws and customs started.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Interesting. I'm a Christian Arab,I share the same culture as all other Arabs but different religions,so how does that work? Am I too responsible for the attack?
Interesting. I'm a Christian Arab,I share the same culture as all other Arabs but different religions,so how does that work? Am I too responsible for the attack?

Good for you but you lived in a country who's laws and customs come from the dominant religion.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Perhaps stop interfering and funding terrorists and arming them,then maybe we can? But until then nothing is possible

Western governments are trying to protect their own people.

Western governments get blamed by people in the Middle East or other **** areas in the world if they don't intervene/give them money for aid.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Try and make your next post one that answers ALL the questions/points posed rather than going off on tangents.

I'm off for a short sleep.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by paul514
Good for you but you lived in a country who's laws and customs come from the dominant religion.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You and I follow the same religion and last time I checked Britain was a Christian country,no?
You and I follow the same religion and last time I checked Britain was a Christian country,no?

Was a Christian country it is now a secular country

Posted from TSR Mobile
It would help tensions within communities if we stopped calling them ISIS, ISIL or IS... that immediate association of the group with Islam can - on it's own - create divides between Muslims and non-Muslims. The French have pretty much sussed this out, they don't want to legitimise terrorism so now they them Daesh:

“I do not recommend using the term Islamic State because it blurs the lines between Islam, Muslims and Islamists. The Arabs call it ‘Daesh’ and I will be calling them the ‘Daesh cutthroats’.” -Foreign Minister, Laurent Fabius

Latest

Trending

Trending