The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone looking forward to Shingeki no Bahamut: Manaria Friends?
Original post by Vikingninja
Anyone looking forward to Shingeki no Bahamut: Manaria Friends?

Tentatively; I'm not familiar with the game, but I did like the first Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis anime. I'm more interested in the direct sequel for that since I liked the characters, but will happily watch anything in the same universe. :yes:
Original post by AngryJellyfish
Tentatively; I'm not familiar with the game, but I did like the first Shingeki no Bahamut: Genesis anime. I'm more interested in the direct sequel for that since I liked the characters, but will happily watch anything in the same universe. :yes:

Yeah this one is based off of an event in the game with a magic school and everything going to **** with demons. Really hope it doesn't turn into a load of fanservice, also interested in how they do the story.
Just read the penultimate volume of the Sidonia no Kishi manga... can't wait to see how it all ends. :zomg: I'd love to see the whole series animated too, though judging by how Daikyuu Wakusei Seneki 'ended', that's unlikely. :s:
I went to watch Love Live! The School Idol Movie in Edinburgh a few weeks ago and it was a wonderful experience. :smile: Had to spend six hours on a train getting there and back but it was worth it. The movie was a great end to the first iteration of the franchise and it felt very special to be able to experience it with other fans. Now to eagerly anticipate the inevitable Love Live! Sunshine anime in a few years.
Reply 9905
Hey, everyone. I know I haven't been active lately. Life as a mother is consuming much of my time these days. I'm struggling to even watch much anime.

One-Punch Man remains one of my clear favourites of the season, but I'm also pleased at how the new Gundam series is panning out. I'm oddly keeping up to date with Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry and Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, both of which bearing such a similarity that initially I kept mixing them up. I'm enjoying both for what they are, but if I had to choose which one is faring better at the moment, I'd probably go for Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, purely because the main characters are surprisingly honest and frank with each other regarding their feelings, which oddly contrasts with everything else about the series because it's rather refreshing.

Going to try and catch up on some of the others I'm watching this weekend too. I'll admit that my husband and I are currently engrossed in the Walking Dead, which is also eating into my time watching anime.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Aiko
Hey, everyone. I know I haven't been active lately. Life as a mother is consuming much of my time these days. I'm struggling to even watch much anime.

One-Punch Man remains one of my clear favourites of the season, but I'm also pleased at how the new Gundam series is panning out. I'm oddly keeping up to date with Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry and Gakusen Toshi Asterisk, both of which bearing such a similarity that initially I kept mixing them up. I'm enjoying both for what they are, but if I had to choose which one is faring better at the moment, I'd probably go for Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry, purely because the main characters are surprisingly honest and frank with each other regarding their feelings, which oddly contrasts with everything else about the series because it's rather refreshing.

Going to try and catch up on some of the others I'm watching this weekend too. I'll admit that my husband and I are currently engrossed in the Walking Dead, which is also eating into my time watching anime.

Always nice to read your updates! :biggrin:

I picked up Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry mid-season, and agree that it has some refreshingly interesting characters and character development... if you can make it past the most generic 'magical school battle harem' first episode in the history of anime. :giggle: Largely a guilty pleasure for me, but it does have its genuinely good moments.
Reply 9907
Always nice to read your updates! :biggrin:

I picked up Rakudai Kishi no Cavalry mid-season, and agree that it has some refreshingly interesting characters and character development... if you can make it past the most generic 'magical school battle harem' first episode in the history of anime. :giggle: Largely a guilty pleasure for me, but it does have its genuinely good moments.

Thanks, I'll try to be a bit more active than I have been lately. :redface:

Yeah, precisely. I kind of went into both series knowing want to expect, so I didn't even think about the first episode and how generic it was. :tongue:

On another note, I haven't checked your A-P list yet, but I'm guessing you're watching the following?:

Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen
Heavy Object
Subete ga F ni Naru
Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa ****ai ga Umatteiru
Concrete Revolutio Choujin Gensou
Comet Lucifer

I've either seen the first episode or nothing and was wondering whether you'd recommend any? Specifically, how is the new Utawarerumono anime faring? I enjoyed the first series, so I'm quite keen to pick this one up properly. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Aiko
On another note, I haven't checked your A-P list yet, but I'm guessing you're watching the following?:

Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen - Yes.
Heavy Object - NO! :yucky:
Subete ga F ni Naru - Yes.
Sakurako-san no Ashimoto ni wa ****ai ga Umatteiru - Yes.
Concrete Revolutio Choujin Gensou - Dropped it mid-season.
Comet Lucifer - Yes.

Original post by Aiko
I've either seen the first episode or nothing and was wondering whether you'd recommend any? Specifically, how is the new Utawarerumono anime faring? I enjoyed the first series, so I'm quite keen to pick this one up properly. :smile:

Utawarerumono: Itsuwari no Kamen still feels as though it hasn't really started, as of episode 6. There was some action in the early episodes, but since then it's been mostly bathing scenes and performing oddjobs to raise money, while the show slowly introduces the world and its characters. It's enjoyable as a slice of life series, but very slow compared with the first Utawarerumono anime.

Of all the listed series, I'd recommend Subete ga F ni Naru highest. It's one long mystery, which allows for a lot more depth and complexity than the 'corpse of the week' show Sakurako-san. The latter really impressed me at first, but is starting to become a little repetitive. Comet Lucifer is fun, nothing too original plot-wise, but I like the characters, and the animation in the mech battle scenes is surprisingly good.

Can't really comment on Heavy Object, except that the first episode was one of the worst I've seen in a long time, and I've yet to hear anything positive from anyone who watched beyond that point. Concrete Revolutio has a lot of style, good production values, and potentially an interesting storyline... but it didn't grab me at all. I didn't care about the characters, and I struggled to keep track of all the time skips. Possibly worth a look though, even if it wasn't my kind of series. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Do you guys know any places apart from Amazon where you can buy Anime blu-ray/dvds and stuff?
anyonne know any manga like One-Punch Man, or I dunno, something like History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi?
Original post by Starvation13
Do you guys know any places apart from Amazon where you can buy Anime blu-ray/dvds and stuff?

Aside from the obvious ebay, there's always Rakuten, HMV, or you can go directly to the website of the licensing companies (e.g. Anime Limited, Manga Entertainment). :yes:
Aside from the obvious ebay, there's always Rakuten, HMV, or you can go directly to the website of the licensing companies (e.g. Anime Limited, Manga Entertainment). :yes:

Thank youuuuu! :smile: I was looking to buy Nisekoi! I freaking love that Anime, just finished watching it and decided I like it so much that I want it on my shelf :awesome: !

Amazon seems to be the cheapest atm though :biggrin:
Original post by LokiiR
anyonne know any manga like One-Punch Man, or I dunno, something like History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi?

I'm not the best person to be recommending shounen action manga since I've not read many, but since nobody else has replied I'll try my best. :o:

In terms of series that have a good balance of action and comedy, there's always Dragon Ball (obvious, I know), and I'd also recommend Rave Master, Superior and/or Meteod. :smile:
JoJo Part 4 anime has been confirmed for April 2016! The hype is real!

https://twitter.com/Animeland_mag/status/666546685422637057
Just finished Soul Eater. I see what people mean about the ending being so disappointing! It was great up until then. Definitely one of the best anime's I've seen. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
Just finished Soul Eater. I see what people mean about the ending being so disappointing! It was great up until then. Definitely one of the best anime's I've seen. Enjoyed it thoroughly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I definitely agree! Have you read the manga by any chance? :biggrin:
Original post by Noodle-Chan
Yeah, I definitely agree! Have you read the manga by any chance? :biggrin:

Nope but I'm considering reading it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Spock's Socks
Nope but I'm considering reading it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh my gosh, you won't regret it! xD
Will sort out the secret santa tomorrow hopefully sometime now i'm back (got to travel for work however so may be late).

EDIT: I'm feeling dreadful (ill) as caught some damn flu. Have to see if I can manage it for this weekend, if not then may have to cancel.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending