The Student Room Group

GCSE mock exams in a month!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tiya_2000
Hey Everyone!

I am struggling and feeling very stressed with my GCSE mock exams coming up in December. I am finding it very hard to revise for all the subjects and remembering all the important information. unfortunately, i do not even have my mock exam time table to priorities :frown:!!
Does anyone have any good tips for revising all the exams???

don't stress yourself wait until you get the mock exam timetable and revise the latest past papers, 'last minute revision is the most helpful thing and the best of us do it' BILL GATES
My mocks are in 2 weeks, despite revising i am panicking i have 2 exams per day till 14th Dec:cry2:
Find out how you learn best (through visual aids, through listening to someone talk, or through being hands on) then create your revision notes in the same way.

EG; visual learners can create mind maps or colourful posters. You can put colourful notes in your books and hopefully you'll be able to imagine/remember the colours in the test.

You can also go onto the exam board website and look at past papers to get an idea of questions, they also have the mark scheme too so you can see what kind of answers they're looking for.
I'm so jealous of everyone their mocks being in December or January
Like some lucky people had theirs in Y10
While I on the other hand
The start of November like wtf
Atleast we get our results early though....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey Everyone!

I am struggling and feeling very stressed with my GCSE mock exams coming up in December. I am finding it very hard to revise for all the subjects and remembering all the important information. unfortunately, i do not even have my mock exam time table to priorities :frown:!!

gcses are nothing my friend
trust me
what grades are u on atm
What I did was that I revised, but I revised quite lightly to give myself a starting point, i.e. if I didn't do a lot of revision for my real exams, this is what I would get. I used my mock exams as a tool to highlight my weaknesses, so I spent more time revising those topics than the ones I was secure in when it came to the real thing.
Hey Everyone!

I have my mocks in two weeks, and like you, I was very nervous, but I told myself not to panic, because that wouldn't help me at all. Not having a timetable can be unhelpful as you don't know when you have your exams, but since they are all in a short time frame, you would need to revise each subject equally anyway. Maybe you should ask your teachers for a timetable. If you have any textbooks, use them, they will help you, especially the ones that have practise questions in them. Also do past papers to get a sense of what the questions are going to be like and how to answer them. Look at all the topics you need to cover; take note on the ones you need the most work on, and make sure you work on them and understand them. Do one subject at a time, and have breaks. Whatever you do, do not rush yourself. It is better to take your time to make sure all the information goes in than to cram everything in and forgetting the next day. I hope I helped :smile:
Study everyday until the exams are there don't be lazy if you're doing maths generally practice past papers, practice all of the past papers they repeat the majority of the questions and yeah for the actual exam go through examiners reports and memorise them. Don't spend much time on the forum xD good luck, work hard it will go absolutely fine.

Spoiler

Original post by Lonpe
i have my mocks in 2 weeks, i havent any time to revise, it been really crazy kately as we had a spansih speaking and a 3hr English controlled assesment in the same week so i had focus all my energy on that. I am stressing out, I also get home early and find it hard to concentrate.

Lololol Lonpe is that you? At least you've finished your English, mine finishes on Tuesday. Can you guess who this is? :P I would text you but I'm phoneless right now haha. I'll see you on Mooonnnndaaaay
Original post by mattadams01

Spoiler

awww well done you good luck and wish me luck for my as mocks :smile:
Original post by crosbycasey56
My mocks are in 2 weeks, despite revising i am panicking i have 2 exams per day till 14th Dec:cry2:

darling don't worry you will be okay. i bet you will do amazing . and i did the same i panicked a lot and let me tell you panicking won't do you any good, believe in yourself!!! :smile:
Original post by Findlay6
Find out how you learn best (through visual aids, through listening to someone talk, or through being hands on) then create your revision notes in the same way.

EG; visual learners can create mind maps or colourful posters. You can put colourful notes in your books and hopefully you'll be able to imagine/remember the colours in the test.

You can also go onto the exam board website and look at past papers to get an idea of questions, they also have the mark scheme too so you can see what kind of answers they're looking for.

Thank you very much
Original post by aimen:P
darling don't worry you will be okay. i bet you will do amazing . and i did the same i panicked a lot and let me tell you panicking won't do you any good, believe in yourself!!! :smile:

Thank you ever so much :biggrin:
Reply 34
Original post by CookieMonster456
I have my mocks in two weeks, and like you, I was very nervous, but I told myself not to panic, because that wouldn't help me at all. Not having a timetable can be unhelpful as you don't know when you have your exams, but since they are all in a short time frame, you would need to revise each subject equally anyway. Maybe you should ask your teachers for a timetable. If you have any textbooks, use them, they will help you, especially the ones that have practise questions in them. Also do past papers to get a sense of what the questions are going to be like and how to answer them. Look at all the topics you need to cover; take note on the ones you need the most work on, and make sure you work on them and understand them. Do one subject at a time, and have breaks. Whatever you do, do not rush yourself. It is better to take your time to make sure all the information goes in than to cram everything in and forgetting the next day. I hope I helped :smile:

thankyou!!
Hey Everyone!

Hey, I have mocks too in January. For my end of year 10 exams I didnt have a revision timetable but still got A stars in all my subjects except English. I advise not to have a revision timetable but to choose 3 subjects u wanna do that day and spend as much time as you need and not how much time a piece of paper tells you to. Stick at it until you get it. Hope this is helpful cuzz it worked for me.
Original post by crosbycasey56
Thank you ever so much :biggrin:

awww its okay don't worry! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest