The Student Room Group

How to avoid?

Gg
(edited 8 years ago)
Keep yourself busy. Or make it seem like you're busy.
Reply 2
I really don't see why you can't be honest with her in this situation.

Anyway that would be the obvious thing.
What Jam said, also it may be a bit of the same old advice you hear all the time but telling her exactly what you've written above would be wise (aside from the you don't care about her bit). Then she'd take the hint.

Also, note that even if you do try and distance yourself, her boyfriend's attitude will most likely not change towards you. Understandably, that's probably inevitable due to the living situation.
Reply 4
Original post by jam277
Keep yourself busy. Or make it seem like you're busy.

Yeah, actually, that is wise.

Tbh, I am all about the money at this point in my life, I am saving up for the prestige car and the life.
Reply 5
Original post by Lyrical Prodigy
What Jam said, also it may be a bit of the same old advice you hear all the time but telling her exactly what you've written above would be wise (aside from the you don't care about her bit). Then she'd take the hint.

Also, note that even if you do try and distance yourself, her boyfriend's attitude will most likely not change towards you. Understandably, that's probably inevitable due to the living situation.

It's a bit aggressive. I think if I just make myself seem busy they will take the hint that I don't really care.
Original post by moggis

No because it will cause issues, especially if she is attracted to him.

Then again being honest might be better. Depends on how the person will take it. I think people will take the hint of being busy all the time though and if she doesn't then be honest.
Yeah, so let's say they do close the borders.

What about the terrorists already living in the UK? What makes them think they won't coordinate an attack?
Reply 8
Original post by jam277

Then again being honest might be better. Depends on how the person will take it. I think people will take the hint of being busy all the time though and if she doesn't then be honest.

Probably true tbh. I just broke up with my (now short-term) partner yesterday because of private issues (she did the dumping). I adored her, beautiful half Italian Milanese, you know, the whole bella ragazza (Green eyes, whole Italian expressiveness, the language... did not know why people praise Italian women but I do now :fan:) . But, yeah, I need help for something and it was all unfortunate.

I wanted to mention that I had a partner but I realise because of human psychology she would probably see it subconsciously as a challenge.
Reply 9
Original post by InadequateJusticex
Yeah, so let's say they do close the borders.

What about the terrorists already living in the UK? What makes them think they won't coordinate an attack?

What?
Original post by Tom.x.Gotze
It's a bit aggressive. I think if I just make myself seem busy they will take the hint that I don't really care.

That's a bit passive agressive too. Talking to her would be best, plenty of ways to say what you have to say without seeming rude.
Bang her, then say 'Iv had better'
Just tell her that you really dont feel comfortable since she has a boyfriend, tell her it isnt anything he has done otherwise you will be in a drama, then just get on with your life
Yay, ff posters on relationships! And someone who mistook this thread for Isis crap. Anyway OP, either find a new place to live or actually get along with her. It's possible to just be friends with a girl.
Reply 14
Original post by jam277

Oh I hadn't realised there was the possibility she might be attracted to him.

No wonder the boyfriend is none too happy.
Original post by moggis

If he's honest with her about his intentions that would create an element of hostility and awkwardness- i don't understand how that would help the situation.
Reply 16
good to see the FF avengers assembling back together
Original post by Emily.97
If he's honest with her about his intentions that would create an element of hostility and awkwardness- i don't understand how that would help the situation.

Exactly.

And.. fankoo FF Avengers.
Reply 18
Original post by Emily.97

I went as far as rereading the OP before replying.

Look,clearly I'm the odd one out here and clearly I know nothing.

Let's just say that in that situation I would simply be honest.

(Not about not caring about her though, but then no need to say that since unless she's dumb she will infer it)

You know ,I have to say,not aiming this at you but generally....

Doesn't this go to show how hard dealing with women can be.

All my life all I ever heard from women is,

"I just want honesty .I just want honesty .I just want honesty.I just want honesty."

Yet here is a situation where ALL that is required is a bit of good old honesty and guess what.........

Jesus.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by moggis
I went as far as rereading the OP before replying.

Look,clearly I'm the odd one out here and clearly I know nothing.

Let's just say that in that situation I would simply be honest.

(Not about not caring about her though, but then no need to say that since unless she's dumb she will infer it)

You know ,I have to say,not aiming this at you but generally....

Doesn't this go to show how hard dealing with women can be.

All my life all I ever heard from women is,

"I just want honesty .I just want honesty .I just want honesty.I just want honesty."

Yet here is a situation where ALL that is required is a bit of good old honesty and guess what.........

Jesus.

You can come out with all of that but, consider being in OP's situation. How exactly would you approach this situation? You would really approach that person, out of the blue, and say all of that stuff? OP wants to avoid these people/person. How would you, realistically, bring that up in a conversation?

How do you think it would help? And what would you say?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending