The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4920
Hi, if some people already got invitation to the interview it means that Ox already checked *AT? Tests are checked by colleges and the date of invitation depends on that or they are checked by departments?
Has anyone been offered the interview to courses related to mathematics? (i'm asking people who had to take MAT test)
Original post by not you
What kind of scores were you getting in past papers? I was getting like 6-7 in most of mine except 2012 because that paper hated me

I didn't do a lot of full timed past papers, I mostly did them question by question, and then moved on to Kaplan papers for actual timed conditions. With those I always got around 7.5 for both sections but I did do the 2013 one and I got high 6s.
Has anybody been rejected from reading medicine?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Jaeolin
Hey everyone,
I was wondering, has anybody applying to Christ Church received an aknowedgement mail concerning their written work? I sent mine late on monday and have not received one whereas some other applicants from other colleges told me they did...So I'm really anxious about it now... :/

Hi, I also applied there and I emailed them about it and they said they would only email you if they needed anything else or if there was a problem, so don't worry :tongue:
Original post by Jaeolin
Hey everyone,
I was wondering, has anybody applying to Christ Church received an aknowedgement mail concerning their written work? I sent mine late on monday and have not received one whereas some other applicants from other colleges told me they did...So I'm really anxious about it now... :/

I haven't got an acknowledgement either but I'm sure they have received it
Original post by Aquaxo
Nope - we should receive rejections/interviews in a week or so if last year is anything to go by :-)

One of the most terrifying things I've heard in a while >_<
The law interviews are from the 9th December to 11th and we have to hear at least 7 days before. So we'll all hear in the next two school weeks.
Can someone please bitch about this year's LNAT with me?

Thanks.

Facial hair in the armed forces... That question though...
Do people receive rejections at exactly the same time interview offers come out?
Original post by mechanism
Ahh wise decision! :smile:
I've applied for Biochemistry at Oxford, Bristol, Bath, UEA and Durham. Yourself?

PPE at Exeter College (Oxford), Kings College London, UCL, Durham, Manchester (offer received) and The New College of the Humanities (Private uni outside of UCAS, offer received).
Original post by Jaeolin
Hey everyone,

For some reason, certain colleges won't send any confirmation of receipt. It's a slightly bizarre practice, but the Oxford website definitely said that they'll contact all applicants who haven't submitted any work, so if you haven't heard from them, assume they've received it.
Original post by kateaustins
Can someone please bitch about this year's LNAT with me?

Thanks.

Facial hair in the armed forces... That question though...

LNAT questions are not necessarily the same for all candidates, since they are automatically and most probably randomly selected by the testing software. You might have some questions (MCQs or essay topics) in common with other candidates, but the chances of two tests being entirely alike are pretty low. So, as much as I'd like to discuss the exam myself, our experiences may not be very similar :frown: In plus, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere in the terms and conditions section that you can't disclose LNAT topics until this year's testing has finished. But aside from this, we can discuss the difficulty level, I guess? I was really wondering if other candidates found it as dreadful as I did... I barely had time to write a proper conclusion for the essay or check my answers to the reading section. It felt really nerve-wracking! How did it go for you?

PS: Sorry if I sound arrogant or something, my intention was just to clarify some points :P
Original post by Aquaxo
Nope - we should receive rejections/interviews in a week or so if last year is anything to go by :-)

thank you for the reply - gosh that is so nerve-wrecking..
If they follow last year, law interviews/rejections should be sent out by the end of this school week or the beginning of the next one.
Anyone applying to Balliol for E&M?
Original post by icamui1
LNAT questions are not necessarily the same for all candidates, since they are automatically and most probably randomly selected by the testing software. You might have some questions (MCQs or essay topics) in common with other candidates, but the chances of two tests being entirely alike are pretty low. So, as much as I'd like to discuss the exam myself, our experiences may not be very similar :frown: In plus, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned somewhere in the terms and conditions section that you can't disclose LNAT topics until this year's testing has finished. But aside from this, we can discuss the difficulty level, I guess? I was really wondering if other candidates found it as dreadful as I did... I barely had time to write a proper conclusion for the essay or check my answers to the reading section. It felt really nerve-wracking! How did it go for you?

PS: Sorry if I sound arrogant or something, my intention was just to clarify some points :P

Hi! I didn't find the mcq's too difficult, there was definitely some horrible questions but some that I thought were quite nice compared to past papers. I had time left to go back over the ones I'd flagged, but as for the essay, I had 10 seconds to check it at the end, so I'm panicking about any spelling,(typing) or grammar mistakes. Never realised how much we rely on spell check before haha
Original post by CJaneH
Hi! I didn't find the mcq's too difficult, there was definitely some horrible questions but some that I thought were quite nice compared to past papers. I had time left to go back over the ones I'd flagged, but as for the essay, I had 10 seconds to check it at the end, so I'm panicking about any spelling,(typing) or grammar mistakes. Never realised how much we rely on spell check before haha

I quite liked my LNAT essay question that I chose, so I felt like my essay was ok, but I agree that the Time constrictions were harsh and very hard to deal with!! I didn't have a huge amount of time to check.

xx
Reply 4936
Original post by mate8
Hi, if some people already got invitation to the interview it means that Ox already checked *AT? Tests are checked by colleges and the date of invitation depends on that or they are checked by departments?
Has anyone been offered the interview to courses related to mathematics? (i'm asking people who had to take MAT test)

Apparently they were marking the tests from Wednesday - Friday and they should start to decide who to shortlist from tomorrow. I think they'll start letting us know from next Monday :smile:
At least there is the pleasant feeling of knowing its a definite wait of no more than 2 weeks for a response, unlike many other unis.
Original post by PollaPulchra197
I quite liked my LNAT essay question that I chose, so I felt like my essay was ok, but I agree that the Time constrictions were harsh and very hard to deal with!! I didn't have a huge amount of time to check.

xx

Yeah I managed to write everything that I wanted to, but I spent too long at the start choosing between two of the questions, I really wish I'd had that time at the end
Original post by 9dobbo1
PPE at Exeter College (Oxford), Kings College London, UCL, Durham, Manchester (offer received) and The New College of the Humanities (Private uni outside of UCAS, offer received).

Nice, well done on your offers so far :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending