The Student Room Group

American Football Talk II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1700
Original post by jammy4041
I feel Pat McAfee is wasted as just a punter. He'd be a brilliant two down run thumper. He can lay the wood.

Certainly the best tackling punter this season. Normally they're all over the place.

Newton hauled down a Green Bay banner in Carolina; explained that 'You don't sell a whopper at McDonalds' I love that, Green Bay thinking they can be all rowdy on the road and he says 'Not in my House'. Need more of that kind of spice and less of ridiculous defensive players starting on each other on the sidelines.
3rd down defense and red zone offence has been the undoing of us today. Some dubious officiating calls again too.
Reply 1702
Talib being a ****** again. He's got form but that was Suh levels of twattery. You just can't poke people in the eyes.
So like...we somehow won a game?
That was cheap by Talib he should be getting a fine and suspension for that...
Classless by Talib. absolutely indefensible. It would have been fourth and five, the Colts would have had their field goal, and there still would have been one more offensive possession. Down six, yes, but anything can happen and as a defense, you have to work to get off the field and get the offense on the field to score the points.

Gut check time for the Broncos now. Chiefs coming fresh off a bye, at home, with a mounting injury list, and a potential suspension for Talib.

That said. 7-1 is still a brilliant position. The world isn't going to end. And actually, if it should humble the team into grounding out results on a week by week basis rather than taking things for granted, hopefully things will work out.
Glad Talib got suspended.
Reply 1707
Kind of no other option than a suspension. Eye pokes are way out of order!
Reply 1708
Is anyone on here American? I really want the Jags Colour Rush gold jersey but I can't get hold of it in the UK, would be happy to work something out with anyone willing to get me one and ship it!
Make or break week for us this week. Seasons well and truly over if we cant get a win.
Original post by ..DT..
Make or break week for us this week. Seasons well and truly over if we cant get a win.

Coincidentally it's the same for us.

Should be a good match. I'll be watching dolphins eagles on sky sports but will get all the redzone highlights.

What do you think the score will be?

I reckon with Dez back and mcfadden running well we have a good chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Motorbiker
Coincidentally it's the same for us.

Should be a good match. I'll be watching dolphins eagles on sky sports but will get all the redzone highlights.

What do you think the score will be?

I reckon with Dez back and mcfadden running well we have a good chance.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think we will lead early, you'll rally back and it will be like 27-24 either way with a FG in the last 2 mins.
Original post by ..DT..
Think we will lead early, you'll rally back and it will be like 27-24 either way with a FG in the last 2 mins.

Hmm, I think it'll be lower scoring but about as close.

Hoping we win it then win everything once romo is back to just sneak into the playoffs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, things are looking much better since the last time I posted in here (think the beginning of the season was the last time, uni's taking over at the moment). Top of the division, and the Cowgirls are 2-6, haha. Huge game against the undefeated Patriots tonight, will be tough but I'm feeling pretty good about it. BIG BLUE!
Oh yeah, and that game against New Orleans was by far the most enjoyable defeat I've ever watched as a Giants fan, I wasn't even that mad that we lost that game, they're a great team offensively as usual
Pats will blow out the Giants tonight but lose to them in the Super Bowl, nothing has ever been more obvious than this fact.
Original post by SmashConcept
Pats will blow out the Giants tonight but lose to them in the Super Bowl, nothing has ever been more obvious than this fact.

The Pats have literally never blown the Giants out.
A third Lolphins safety in 3 weeks. What are the odds?
Original post by shunter7634
The Pats have literally never blown the Giants out.

I thought they had a pretty big win over them in the 2007 regular season. Obviously it's been a while.
Reply 1719
Wooo! Bortles comes up with his customary pick of the game! Hopefully it remains at 1. He needs to fix that part of his game as badly as Luck does.

Quick Reply

Latest