The Student Room Group

TfL grad scheme 2016 intake

Scroll to see replies

Just did the video interview! Think it went okay.... but we shall see.
Reply 21
Original post by fluteflute

And how were the questions? What were they based on?
Original post by Effect
And how were the questions? What were they based on?

There were five questions. The TfL graduate website gives some pretty massive hints as to four of them... so I'll let you figure that out! And then there was one "how would you respond to customers in this situation" type question.
Reply 23
Original post by fluteflute

I'm currently prepping mine and hoping to do it today or tomorrow.

Let us know how you do! :smile:

also.. how long did it last out of interest?

5 questions doesn't seem so daunting :smile:
Original post by nh_17
I'm currently prepping mine and hoping to do it today or tomorrow.

Let us know how you do! :smile:

also.. how long did it last out of interest?

5 questions doesn't seem so daunting :smile:

Most of them had one minute of preparation time, and two minutes to talk for (some where just one minute to talk). And at the end there was a "anything more you'd like to add?". So 15 minutes at most for the actual interview, but probably another ten to get setup, do the practise questions, etc
Hey everybody, I am just about to sit the Situational Strengths Test!
Reply 26
Original post by ColyTom
Hey everybody, I am just about to sit the Situational Strengths Test!

Good luck! :smile:

I am doing my video interview today
Reply 27
Has anybody heard back on the outcome of their video interview?

I did mine, not entirely sure I did the greatest that i could though!
For those who have applied for CE&MC, I have called TFL a few times and have received different messages. The latest thing I have been told is that for those who have completed the video interview, you won't hear back for some time as there won't be an assessment centre until next year (usually January).

I applied for the same scheme last year and got to the same stage - it was then the telephone interview - and it took them two months to tell me if I was successful (I had passed the telephone interview but was in the middle ground where you're not sure if you'll get to the assessment centre).

It seems that you're penalised if you apply to the scheme early (I applied for this on the 2nd October and the 27th October last year) as they tend to do applications as and when they come in. As you can imagine November time is the busiest as people worry they're too late. Judging from the forum last year, it was these people who didn't have to wait as long to hear back about their process.

Also, TfL have around two weeks off in December for Christmas, so that adds to the wait time. I was hoping that because I applied even earlier this year, that I'd receive answers way before then. Like that's going to happen.

Word of advice, badger TfL.
Done my situational test, passed and got through to numerical tests. Anxious! How quickly do they process the results?
Hey Melissajuniper,

They usually take 2-3 days to let you know if you've passed the numerical. Hope that helps

Hannah
Just been invited to the video interview! So pleased as a) the numerical test went crap IMO and b) I only sent off the initial application on Monday! So impressed with the turnaround.

As much as I want to get the interview over and done with, I have loads of assignments right now :frown: but I don't know if it's a first come first serve situation. I might see if I can do it on Sunday evening after work.

Has anyone heard back from their video interview?

EDIT: Just seen that I only have 7 days to do it! Well guess I will definitely be doing it on Sunday after work.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by nh_17
Has anybody heard back on the outcome of their video interview?

I did mine, not entirely sure I did the greatest that i could though!

Original post by Gloriaaa106
Just been invited to the video interview! So pleased as a) the numerical test went crap IMO and b) I only sent off the initial application on Monday! So impressed with the turnaround.

I did mine ten days ago now and haven't heard anything.

Looking through last years thread, it doesn't look like there were any assessment centres until the new year.
Original post by Gloriaaa106

As much as I want to get the interview over and done with, I have loads of assignments right now :frown: but I don't know if it's a first come first serve situation. I might see if I can do it on Sunday evening after work.

EDIT: Just seen that I only have 7 days to do it! Well guess I will definitely be doing it on Sunday after work.

Congratulations. Well done. What type of questions did they ask?
Original post by MelissaJuniper
Congratulations. Well done. What type of questions did they ask?

No idea, I'm doing it on Sunday so I'll provide some info after then!
Original post by irbea
Has anyone done the video interview already?

Hi i have my video interview soon, what scheme did you apply for?
Reply 36
I applied for the CEMC scheme, I did my video interview a week and a half ago and I haven't heard back yet. Doesn't look like anyone else on here has heard back either. Really hoping I will get through to the next stage!
Original post by hm993
I applied for the CEMC scheme, I did my video interview a week and a half ago and I haven't heard back yet. Doesn't look like anyone else on here has heard back either. Really hoping I will get through to the next stage!

Well done :smile:
What questions did they ask you?
I called TFL yesterday because I had a glitch with my tests and they said I shouldn't worry about deadlines now that they're processing loads of applications so you probably won't hear anything until all the video interviews have been done
Are the questions in the interview competency based? So we should use the S.T.A.R format when answering them?
So I have 100% not got the job now. I was doing the video interview and at the first question I completely froze up, couldn't get any words out, and then I said "oh ****" and just pressed stop thinking I would get to rerecord my answer but NOPE!
I exited the interview and started it up again but it has taken me straight to question 2. Sigh. Well that's TfL out the window for me! :'(

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending