The Student Room Group

Applying to Study Law 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aubergine7
Anyone heard from bristol/ Oxford/ UCL/ LSE/ Nottingham ?¿

Posted from TSR Mobile

I assume you're another poor person who hasnt got any offers yet?
Original post by gemmabeth
Thank you! I got 14A*'s and 2A's at GCSE and AABB at AS in Biology, History, Chemistry and English Lit and my predictions are A*A*A*, I applied on the 6th of October but had already done the LNAT, good luck with your application!
how did your lnat go? Ive done mine too and found it quite difficult in comparison to practice papers, is this just me or ?
Original post by HannaParker
how did your lnat go? Ive done mine too and found it quite difficult in comparison to practice papers, is this just me or ?

Some of it was vile and way harder than the practice papers! My essay questions were pretty bad too, some of the MCQ's were super easy though (like 3) but fingers crossed it went okay! Where are you applying?
Yeah well 15 because I did EPQ L3 in Y11 and got an A* so counted that as a GCSE..I did 5 in y9/10 though so they were a bit more spread out

My school only let us do 8 all together! :lolwut:
Original post by Rhiannonjayne
My school only let us do 8 all together! :lolwut:

That seems weird to me to be stopped from doing more haha, our school couldn't get us to do enough!
Some of it was vile and way harder than the practice papers! My essay questions were pretty bad too, some of the MCQ's were super easy though (like 3) but fingers crossed it went okay! Where are you applying?
Initially, I was more scared for my essay and felt quite good about my multiple choice as I'd scored highly on practice papers but when I actually sat it my multiple choice was terrible and I luckily got an essay question I had prepared for! Im applying to Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Nottingham and Bristol, i've recieved offers from the first 3 so just waiting on my LNAT unis now. Wbu?
Initially, I was more scared for my essay and felt quite good about my multiple choice as I'd scored highly on practice papers but when I actually sat it my multiple choice was terrible and I luckily got an essay question I had prepared for! Im applying to Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Nottingham and Bristol, i've recieved offers from the first 3 so just waiting on my LNAT unis now. Wbu?

At least you feel the essay went well! Ah I only applied to LNAT unis so its taking forever which is a bit annoying but I got an offer from KCL on Friday so I'm happy! I applied to Oxford, UCL, Durham and Bristol too
At least you feel the essay went well! Ah I only applied to LNAT unis so its taking forever which is a bit annoying but I got an offer from KCL on Friday so I'm happy! I applied to Oxford, UCL, Durham and Bristol too
your lnat must have gone well if you have an offer from kcl! Their typical offer holders score around 25 i heard so thats good!!
Are Nottingham law offers likely to go out in about 2 weeks, alongside the rejections? Hate this waiting game :frown:
Has Anyone heard from Bristol or warwick, slightly panicking!
your lnat must have gone well if you have an offer from kcl! Their typical offer holders score around 25 i heard so thats good!!

Ooo I hope so!
I just got a conditional offer from KCL!

Have you by any chance applied for a law scholarship?
Original post by seasoning
Have you by any chance applied for a law scholarship?

Yeah, the Dickson Poon one
Yeah, the Dickson Poon one

Good luck! I know of another person who got accepted to Kings for law too and they applied for the scholarship, so it makes sense that your offers would come early.
Original post by seasoning
Good luck! I know of another person who got accepted to Kings for law too and they applied for the scholarship, so it makes sense that your offers would come early.

Thank you! Yeah they decide on the scholarship in early December so I guess they needed to make an offer/rejection early haha
Anyone hearing anything from LSE yet? Rejections/Offers? How long do they usually take?
Reply 756
Original post by Poppycharlotte
Are Nottingham law offers likely to go out in about 2 weeks, alongside the rejections? Hate this waiting game :frown:

Think so, that's what I'm guessing from that scary email anyway haha
Reply 757
I just got a thing from City University saying that they like me but they need confirmation that I understand that since I'm under 18 and will be at the time of my application, I will have certain restrictions placed one me. Most worryingly; I will need to reside with a london based guardian until I turn 18. I live in Toronto. Well ****. Anyone know if this is the case for other unis?

(I'm 16; 29/11/1998)
Original post by Rhia Louise
Anyone hearing anything from LSE yet? Rejections/Offers? How long do they usually take?

I got a rejection (international with 5/5/5/4 AP, 760/710 SAT II and 2250 SAT). Was told it was because of my PS.
Reply 759
Original post by sebklaine
I got a rejection (international with 5/5/5/4 AP, 760/710 SAT II and 2250 SAT). Was told it was because of my PS.

When did you apply?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending