The Student Room Group

Dizziness and anxiety

Is there anyone out there who experiences severe dizziness as a side effect of anxiety?

Scroll to see replies

Sorry, I've never experienced that but everyone's experience in different. If you're concerned talk to your GP about it?
are you not eating properly? visit your GP.
Spoken to the gp who has no idea what causes it. My diet is ok

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else experience this??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes! My anxiety caused me to go extremely dizzy and loose consciousness.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HannahI15
Yes! My anxiety caused me to go extremely dizzy and loose consciousness.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Omg! Please could you tell me more about the dizziness? Thankyouthankyou

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
When I used to get nervous before some exams I used to feel a bit wobbly on my feet, get really hot quickly and feel sick. My doctor gave me anti-sickness tablets which they use to treat Vertigo and they would take the edge off. Bach's remedy is also really good to try for relieving anxiety- whether it works medically or just psychologically.
Original post by missytwinpeaks
Omg! Please could you tell me more about the dizziness? Thankyouthankyou

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, I get dizzy as well and it's a very common symptom of anxiety. The more severe the anxiety, the more dizzy I get. I have to lie down when I'm having a panic attack.
(edited 8 years ago)
I went through a very bad patch of anxiety throughout year 13/ last year of a levels last year. Started with just stomach aches/feeling sick but soon I couldn't control my temperature, was unable to see clearly and could barely stand up. I then went through having psychogenic blackouts continuously for about five months. My GP didn't even think of this, my family did a lot of research but in the end it was confirmed. I also took tablets to control the vertigo (sadly didn't help me much) and in the end I just had to sort it out myself!

Posted from TSR Mobile
So its likely vertigo and its caused directly by my anxiety? I'm so glad other people have this..I don't feel so strange. Thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It could be yes! So don't worry! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sometimes feel a little bit sick, but not dizzy.
Thanks!! Does anyonerecommend anything none medical which might help me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you take anything for your anxiety in general? Drinking herbal teas seems to do wonders and breathing techniques / meditation are always something to try!

Posted from TSR Mobile
What types of breathing techniques?
I drink lots of every type of tea XD

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have PoTS syndrome. Side effects can be both dizziness and feeling anxious. Or you could have simple vasovagal syncopy but only if you feel faint too.

Anxiety is an emotion similar to fear and so our bodies produce the same responses to anxiety as they do to fear....sweating. Increased heart rate etc etc. Probably just that...why don't you spend a little time thinking about what is making you anxious and think about ways to help you stop feeling anxious eg scared of going to school? Speak to a few people online before you get there so you feel more comfortable, make sure you've completed your notes etc... And so on.

Most people feel anxious especially between the ages of about 13-25. It is totally normal.
Original post by literaturenerd
I have PoTS syndrome. Side effects can be both dizziness and feeling anxious. Or you could have simple vasovagal syncopy but only if you feel faint too.

Anxiety is an emotion similar to fear and so our bodies produce the same responses to anxiety as they do to fear....sweating. Increased heart rate etc etc. Probably just that...why don't you spend a little time thinking about what is making you anxious and think about ways to help you stop feeling anxious eg scared of going to school? Speak to a few people online before you get there so you feel more comfortable, make sure you've completed your notes etc... And so on.

Most people feel anxious especially between the ages of about 13-25. It is totally normal.

Thank you. This is v helpful. I'm glad people can help because its very scary

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending