The Student Room Group

American Football Talk II

Scroll to see replies

Lets go baby. Back on track for a .500 season.
Original post by ..DT..
Lets go baby. Back on track for a .500 season.

That end was ridiculous... Who leads for 79 pointless minutes then loses ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That was a serious heads up play by Bortles to get the ball snapped and run a play, his team mates should have known the call was a hail mary because there's nothing else they could run on 4th down with no ability to clock it. Ended up drawing a penalty while his team mates stood around staring at him. And that wins the game. Unbelievable.
Original post by SmashConcept
That was a serious heads up play by Bortles to get the ball snapped and run a play, his team mates should have known the call was a hail mary because there's nothing else they could run on 4th down with no ability to clock it. Ended up drawing a penalty while his team mates stood around staring at him. And that wins the game. Unbelievable.

Very impressive. Great nudge by the kicker too.
Original post by ..DT..
Very impressive. Great nudge by the kicker too.

TJ Yeldon is going to get in serious **** in meetings and so is the O line. 4th down, 1 second remaining in the game. Do you
A. run into the end zone if eligible
B. block for the passer
C. do nothing, hope for facemask penalty
TJ Yeldon is going to get in serious **** in meetings and so is the O line. 4th down, 1 second remaining in the game. Do you
A. run into the end zone if eligible
B. block for the passer
C. do nothing, hope for facemask penalty

And it was effective!
Original post by shunter7634
And it was effective!

To be fair maybe that should be a new play.. no doubt it has a higher success rate at this point than an actual hail mary.
To be fair maybe that should be a new play.. no doubt it has a higher success rate at this point than an actual hail mary.

Given the propensity of NFL players to do really stupid things, it's definitely one of the best options!
Original post by shunter7634
Given the propensity of NFL players to do really stupid things, it's definitely one of the best options!

It's just a matter of time before the Patriots call a time out and one of their equipment managers runs into the opposition huddle with a bag of weed and some strippers.
And what a finish to the Green Bay game coming up, hinging on a 2 pointer with Rodgers. Red Zone is so awesome.
The lions are just the worst team ever ever ever ever.
This Lions-Packers game is mental
I love how the whole game stopped to allow time to congratulate Peyton Manning!
Hate it when teams kick field goals from the 1 yard line like the Vikings just did. 3 points and giving it back on the 20 is barely even that much better than 0 points and giving it back on the 1, so it should be a default decision to take the chance of scoring a touchdown outside of unusual endgame situations.
So according to my Fantasy Odell Beckham just went from 0 yards to 87 yards and a TD in the time it takes to run one play.... switch over please Redzone.
Original post by TheGiantPunkGooner

He's been in the league since 1998, missed one season and apart from that been one of the best in the league every year since. Ridiculous that Favre set the record so high that he only just broke it.
Original post by TheGiantPunkGooner

I'd wondered what would have happened if the Broncos had got the ball back with 30 seconds left last week, like they would have done without the Talib penalty. Surely they couldn't have stopped?
Edelman injured ffs
He's been in the league since 1998, missed one season and apart from that been one of the best in the league every year since. Ridiculous that Favre set the record so high that he only just broke it.

Hey, trust me, I know how significant Peyton's been to the NFL and how big his achievement was. It just amused me for some reason seeing people celebrate after he threw for like 3 yards and on a 3 and out, plus they were losing. Having a terrible game right now isn't he?
I am starting to lose faith in Aaron Rodgers he has messed up 2 weeks in a row

Quick Reply

Latest