The Student Room Group
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth

first year uni is actually a joke

so far it feels like i am on holiday with little money, its like i just time traveled 2 month in, what does every one even do in uni except, partying and studying.

it feels like theirs a catch to this, am i doing something wrong?
If your statement about Uni being all about partying and studying is true, then all you have to do is replace "studying" with "working", and that's it for the rest of your life. The hours are generally longer for the latter, but you get more money as a result (which also nets you less time for partying :sad: ).
Group Work, University of Portsmouth
University of Portsmouth
Portsmouth
Original post by mrdetermination
so far it feels like i am on holiday with little money, its like i just time traveled 2 month in, what does every one even do in uni except, partying and studying.

University of Portsmouth....:rolleyes:
it feels like i am time traveling, with not a care in the world
Lucky you :sigh:

it's your last years of education just enjoy it
you've got 40+ years of working after that

The first few months might feel like this because of the different environment, independence etc.. I felt like that until I got my first job and then hit my first deadline
Make the most of the feeling of freedom

I've got a handful of jobs here :smile:
Keeps me busy!
Reply 7
What do you mean there's a catch? Studying is the principal aspect of a university course. What else did you expect?

You should be thankful that you have the time to party to such an extent that you'd call it a holiday. I (along with all my flatmates whom I live with) have been experiencing the exact opposite with the insane workload at this point of the term, and trust me it's not pleasant at all.
(edited 8 years ago)
i dunno, im studying all the time and have no free time by the time i do societies and socials etc
Original post by JNDSAN
i dunno, im studying all the time and have no free time by the time i do societies and socials etc

Well I mean societies/socials are what you're doing in your free time..
If you want to clear up your schedule a bit more just have a break from those for a bit or don't go to as many?

edit: my apologies, thought this was the original poster. It's 20 past 2 in the morning and I'm veeery tired. My free time = staying up 'til stupid times on reddit
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by raechelle
Well I mean societies/socials are what you're doing in your free time..
If you want to clear up your schedule a bit more just have a break from those for a bit or don't go to as many?

edit: my apologies, thought this was the original poster. It's 20 past 2 in the morning and I'm veeery tired. My free time = staying up 'til stupid times on reddit

thats hilarious, repped

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending