The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

People with Interviews and Offers please post in here.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3728799
Slightly unrelated, but being one of the literal first people to submit an application, having submitted it at 4 minutes past midnight on the 15th of September, knowing the wait has already been 2 months and could still be right up until March, is an absolute gut-wrencher.
aaaand we have entered the first week with a possibility for law interviews invitations. eep.
Reply 4983
Original post by sebklaine
aaaand we have entered the first week with a possibility for law interviews invitations. eep.

Do you know when the earliest of the earliest of invitations were sent?
hey guys any update for law or any news from anyone who is applying keble?
Original post by Cook99
Well done you. Which college and course?

Biochemistry! Applied for Brasenose, but got an interview with Queen's.
Original post by Ambre
Do you know when the earliest of the earliest of invitations were sent?

last year the largest flow was between 20-23 november. so there might be oddballs a day or two before/after.
Original post by sebklaine
last year the largest flow was between 20-23 november. so there might be oddballs a day or two before/after.

Do you reckon we could hear over the weekend? Or will it be strictly Mon-Fri?
Original post by sushiqueen666
hey guys any update for law or any news from anyone who is applying keble?

Have you applied for law at Keble too?
Original post by Aquaxo

Some people were notified on Saturday and Sunday, but most people seem to receive their invitations during the week.
Original post by Aquaxo

I'm an international student, no idea how you British run the place :tongue:
Any possibility @BrasenoseAdm could answer that recurring question? Do the colleges give out offers over weekends that you know of? :smile:
I have just received an invitation for an interview (Biochemistry, St Hildas)!! Good luck to all of you who are still waiting!
GCSE grades: 11A*s 1A
A-Levels: 5As at AS in Maths. Further Maths, Chemistry, Computer Science and General Studies. Predicted 3A*s in Maths Further Maths and Chemistry
Course: Mathematics
College: Brasenose College
Original post by Pcabezas
I have just received an invitation for an interview (Biochemistry, St Hildas)!! Good luck to all of you who are still waiting!

Well done, good to see a couple of science invitations coming round! :colondollar:
Original post by MathsAstronomy12
Well done, good to see a couple of science invitations coming round! :colondollar:

Thanks a lot!

Some people asked what the subejct of the email would say. Mine was “Invitation for interview” so it kind of spoiled the surprise!
Original post by Ambre
Could be useful
Please start one

Hi Ambre,

I see from the interview holder's thread that you are interviewing at St Peter's but also at Christ Church.

Was St Peter's your first choice?

If so, to have Ch Ch 'come in for you' is quite impressive, a bit like Barcelona coming in for a player Arsenal think they have nearly signed?

I don't know a lot about St Peter's, or about your course (or indeed the application process:colondollar:), so I might be wide of the mark, but it sounds like an interesting story.

I imagine you must be a very strong applicant; to get any interview so quickly seems impressive, to have 2 interested in you is compelling, to have Ch Ch trying to gazump St P's... wow!

...or is this normal and am I putting 1 and 1 together and getting 38.2?
Original post by Pcabezas
Thanks a lot!

Some people asked what the subejct of the email would say. Mine was “Invitation for interview” so it kind of spoiled the surprise!

Haha yeh, maybe it should be called something like 'Your Application to Oxford', then right at the bottom of the email after a paragraph of chat would be the invitation or the tfc (thanks for coming) comment :lol: Regardless congratulations - evidently your admissions test went well
Original post by Ivoryfall
Any possibility @BrasenoseAdm could answer that recurring question? Do the colleges give out offers over weekends that you know of? :smile:

Hi Ivoryfall,

We are very unlikely to send out invitations to Brasenose over a weekend because our office is usually closed. However, we are much busier at this time of year, so it is possible that the office may need to open briefly at the weekend, and therefore there is a slim chance that invitations may be sent outside of the working week. I would expect that decisions arrive during the working week 99% of the time though from every Oxford College.

Best not to worry about when it might arrive!
Original post by Look,Yes,But,See
Hi Ambre,

I see from the interview holder's thread that you are interviewing at St Peter's but also at Christ Church.

Was St Peter's your first choice?

If so, to have Ch Ch 'come in for you' is quite impressive, a bit like Barcelona coming in for a player Arsenal think they have nearly signed?

I don't know a lot about St Peter's, or about your course (or indeed the application process:colondollar:), so I might be wide of the mark, but it sounds like an interesting story.

I imagine you must be a very strong applicant; to get any interview so quickly seems impressive, to have 2 interested in you is compelling, to have Ch Ch trying to gazump St P's... wow!

...or is this normal and am I putting 1 and 1 together and getting 38.2?

You need to lay off the coke man.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending