The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff University Applicants 2016!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jaynamodi
I just applied yesterday for human geography! how long did it take them to get back to you and what grades did they offer you?

Ah, I wish you all the best! They offered me AAB and they took just under a week to get back to me:h:
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Original post by Lukkkeee
Well done! I'm considering applying for that course! What are your predicted grades? And what else have you applied for?

Predicted: AAB
I applied for Applied Psychology at Durham, Psychology at Warwick (offer), Social Sciences at UCL and Sociology and Psychology at City (offer) so quite a range.
Original post by urbanforestry
I might be! For Biochemistry! :biggrin: I'm from Newport which is only 20 minutes away on the train and I think I might wanna go a bit further away, who knows! :tongue:

hey!
Im applying for chemistry!! :smile:
Original post by elenastephenson
Ah, I wish you all the best! They offered me AAB and they took just under a week to get back to me:h:

Thanks! Where else have you applied to?
Thanks! Where else have you applied to?

I've got all my offers now (I applied about a month ago). So apart from Cardiff I applied to KCL, Reading, Queen Mary's and Bath Spa. How about you?:h:
Original post by effie13
hey!
Im applying for chemistry!! :smile:

Hi!!
I considered doing chemistry, I found biochemistry to be a lot more interesting though:biggrin:
Where else are you applying?
Original post by elenastephenson
I've got all my offers now (I applied about a month ago). So apart from Cardiff I applied to KCL, Reading, Queen Mary's and Bath Spa. How about you?:h:

ah nice! I've applied to cardiff, nottingham, birmingham, loughborough and liverpool. I want to go to Cardiff the most though! What were your AS results?
Just got an offer for psychology with a placement year! Over the moon as it's going to be my insurance I think!
I just got an Offer of AAB to do management (marketing) over the moon!
ah nice! I've applied to cardiff, nottingham, birmingham, loughborough and liverpool. I want to go to Cardiff the most though! What were your AS results?

Ah, I wish you all the best!! I'm so stuck between KCL and Cardiff both courses are so good:s-smilie: I really didn't do amazingly, ABCD.
Cardiff is my first choice. Only applied yesterday but Aberystwyth have already given me an offer for Physics! Good luck guys.
Anyone going to the computer science applicant day on the 9th? :h:
Got my offer for Cardiff yesterday!! So happy:smile::smile:
Original post by emiloujess
Still nothing for Politics and Sociology, even though I have an offer for Social Analytics and Politics... *sniffle*...

Hi! I've applied to sociology as well, I haven't heard anything. Just wondering if you have heard anything yet or if anyone you know has :frown:
Original post by emmaaj98
Hi! I've applied to sociology as well, I haven't heard anything. Just wondering if you have heard anything yet or if anyone you know has :frown:

I have an offer for P&S now and have made Cardiff my firm for Social Analytics and Politics... sorry :frown: What were your AS grades and A2 predictions? :smile:
Original post by emiloujess
I have an offer for P&S now and have made Cardiff my firm for Social Analytics and Politics... sorry :frown: What were your AS grades and A2 predictions? :smile:

Ow! I got BBCD at AS, dropped the D and I'm predicted AAB so fingers crossed!

I got ABC at AS and predicted AAB :smile: It took about 3 weeks for me to get that offer so try not to worry too much :smile: Which other universities have you applied to?
I've applied fo media and communications (doesn't seem like anyone else is doing it 🙈) and I've just gotten an email about the applicant services portal thing... is it worth filling it in if you haven't received an offer yet?
Original post by Nandosfood
I've applied fo media and communications (doesn't seem like anyone else is doing it 🙈) and I've just gotten an email about the applicant services portal thing... is it worth filling it in if you haven't received an offer yet?

You don't really see anything haha, it only allows you to see them progressing through your application i.e. checking whether you have the english lang. skills, Maths skills etc. and it also allows you to ask questions directly to them.

There is honestly no set time that they'll reply to you! For someone else it took three weeks for their department to send them an offer, whereas it took only 3 days for mine.
Original post by thecatwithnohat
You don't really see anything haha, it only allows you to see them progressing through your application i.e. checking whether you have the english lang. skills, Maths skills etc. and it also allows you to ask questions directly to them.

Ohh shame! I just went by what the email said and hadn't even bothered to check it!!

Thanks for the answer though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending