The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LoveToArgue
I have an offer from Bristol :smile:

Me too! :smile:
Reply 201
Sure :smile: GCSEs 11A* 1A, AS 6As, A2 preds 5A*, and obvs I don't know my LNAT score

Thanks! I'm starting to get so worried I've not heard back from anywhere except an interview at York! Well done again :smile:
Original post by binnsm
Thanks! I'm starting to get so worried I've not heard back from anywhere except an interview at York! Well done again :smile:

Don't worry yet! I think I'm in the first batch of decisions for Bristol, and this was my first response too
Sent my UCAS off on Oct 6th, received a Kent offer on Oct 15th, Reading on Oct 20th, and Exeter about an hour ago! Not holding out much hope for Oxford or Kings, any idea when Kings (non-scholarship) applicants should hear back? I know they say 60 days after they receive the LNAT (sat mine on Oct 14th), but is there any rough average time where most applicants hear back?
Original post by binnsm
Oh nice, I bet it was a lovely relief! Where else have you applied?

It was! Oxford, Durham, Warwick and LSE :smile:
It was! Oxford, Durham, Warwick and LSE :smile:

Which Oxford college? I've applied to Brasenose! (not holding out much hope though, people on here seem to have amazing GCSEs and AS results that far surpass mine!)
I sent my offer on Oct 10th and received an AAA offer from Warwick today!
Original post by chloetraynor
Which Oxford college? I've applied to Brasenose! (not holding out much hope though, people on here seem to have amazing GCSEs and AS results that far surpass mine!)

University College! I just hope that we find out soon about interviews so we can properly prep. I don't want to get my hopes up and start getting organised for it, only to find out I haven't got one
University College! I just hope that we find out soon about interviews so we can properly prep. I don't want to get my hopes up and start getting organised for it, only to find out I haven't got one

I'm exactly the same! I'd rather know now if I'm rejected so I can stop worrying about train tickets and interview prep! I'm leaving all interview prep until I find out, but a week is really short notice to book tickets and sort out a practice interview!
Sure :smile: GCSEs 11A* 1A, AS 6As, A2 preds 5A*, and obvs I don't know my LNAT score

I thought their offers were based on LNAT - do they know your LNAT score?
I sent my application off on the 13th. Applied to Oxford, Durham, UCL, Warwick and York. So far only an interview from York.
Original post by gs97
I applied to Lancaster, Manchester, Newcastle, Warwick and York on the 6/11/15 and I'm just waiting on Warwick to respond!
I was invited for interview at York on the 9/11/15, Lancaster and Newcastle offers were both 10/11/15 and Manchester was 11/11/15!

Anybody received an offer for York without interview or do they seem to interview most applicants? Or is anyone else going for interview, and if so, when? :h:

I have an interview for York but on the 8th
Original post by ememoville
I thought their offers were based on LNAT - do they know your LNAT score?

Yep, they know what I got but I don't find out until Feb :smile:
I have an offer from Bristol

Original post by Hopeful---
Me too! :smile:

And me!
I'm exactly the same! I'd rather know now if I'm rejected so I can stop worrying about train tickets and interview prep! I'm leaving all interview prep until I find out, but a week is really short notice to book tickets and sort out a practice interview!

I totally agree! We had mock interviews last month (on the same day as my LNAT -_- ) and mine went well, so that's a good thing, but it was so long ago that I might try and arrange something more recent if I get an invitation/rejection in time
To the people who have already received offers, do Bristol send you anything in the post, like a letter or application pack?
To the people who have already received offers, do Bristol send you anything in the post, like a letter or application pack?

I received an offer tonight and I don't know of anyone who received offers before us! I haven't received anything in the post yet
I totally agree! We had mock interviews last month (on the same day as my LNAT -_- ) and mine went well, so that's a good thing, but it was so long ago that I might try and arrange something more recent if I get an invitation/rejection in time

That's good! My college is pretty large and the vast majority are applying to uni, so they've said we can only set up mock interviews when we have an interview offer. Plus, there's only one law teacher, and only the principal is doing oxbridge practice, so that makes it even less likely to find time for a mock with a weeks notice! Sorry, rambling! Good luck! Do you mind me asking what you got at GCSE and AS, if I haven't already (feels like I've asked everyone on earth lmao)
Original post by gemmabeth
I received an offer tonight and I don't know of anyone who received offers before us! I haven't received anything in the post yet

yep, I guess we'll have to wait a week ish to see if we get any post
That's good! My college is pretty large and the vast majority are applying to uni, so they've said we can only set up mock interviews when we have an interview offer. Plus, there's only one law teacher, and only the principal is doing oxbridge practice, so that makes it even less likely to find time for a mock with a weeks notice! Sorry, rambling! Good luck! Do you mind me asking what you got at GCSE and AS, if I haven't already (feels like I've asked everyone on earth lmao)

We had our interviews with complete strangers, like people's parents or local businesspeople, which made it really scary, but it was good to have been able to go into a room with a randomer and know that we performed well. I had a lovely chat with a barrister :smile: I don't know how we got onto the topic, but we ended up discussing whether or not God made a contract with humans to protect the world! you're at a college then? I'm at my secondary school's sixth form and I think 50ish of us apply to Oxbridge each year, and around 20 get in. And I don't remember if I've told you my stats yet either! 11A* 1A GCSE, 6As AS and 5A* predictions A2 :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending