The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lúcio
Come on pro clubs with me dirty and zklown and the shots will stop xoxo

Half hour?
Modern day football would be better without the international game - discuss.
Reply 1702
Original post by Lúcio
This thread is so depressing on the international break.

Such is life..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zerforax

Reply 1704

Reckon a better question would be..

English teams would find more success in Europe if they were given a winter break. Discuss. (45 marks)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SA-1

English teams would find more success in Europe if they were given a winter break. Discuss. (45 marks)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Computer says no.

Yes.

Original post by SA-1

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. Imagine Christmas without football? Or January when everyone us completely skint from Christmas? It's just unthinkable.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really do think that this three months is the defining period of Daniel Sturridge's career.

If he fails to achieve a run of games, you'd have to say that his stint with us may be over. He has become more and more quiet on social media, perhaps in the knowledge that he needs to impress on the pitch and prove his doubters wrong, but his unreliability is undeniable and we really need somebody in the final third we can rely on.

Given Klopp's introduction, and the Euros at the end of the year, I wouldn't be surprised if another injury comes and we see him ruled out for a lengthy period. It will mentally ask questions of him, and I expect that it could be make or break.
Sturridge back in full training.
Original post by mr tim
Sturridge back in full training.

For how long, though?

Guy doesn't even need a run of two or three games now, he needs a run of ten. Otherwise, even if he bags goals, the fans will be leaving Anfield saying 'yeah, but he'll be out for three months now he's done that'.
Original post by Mackay
I really do think that this three months is the defining period of Daniel Sturridge's career.

If he fails to achieve a run of games, you'd have to say that his stint with us may be over. He has become more and more quiet on social media, perhaps in the knowledge that he needs to impress on the pitch and prove his doubters wrong, but his unreliability is undeniable and we really need somebody in the final third we can rely on.

Given Klopp's introduction, and the Euros at the end of the year, I wouldn't be surprised if another injury comes and we see him ruled out for a lengthy period. It will mentally ask questions of him, and I expect that it could be make or break.

Who will buy him with his track record and the English player tax? Who will pay him even half of what he's earning with LFC?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sr90
Who will buy him with his track record and the English player tax? Who will pay him even half of what he's earning with LFC?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Meant more in terms of his standing with the fans. I can see plenty of teams paying him the wages, to be honest. There are ways around that. Unsure what sort of value he'd fetch, though.
I think a lot will depend on Sturridge and what he will decide where he sees himself. He was at Man City and Chelsea but didn't break through. No other top side will take him on his high wages.

I wouldn't be surprised if sell due to his contract unless he's willing to sign a new contract which is more pay-as-you play. Would anyone really be annoyed with Sturridge being in the squad as our 3rd and 4th option on that kind of deal? Could be that super sub for us (if he's settled at Liverpool as a club/city).
Original post by Mackay
Meant more in terms of his standing with the fans. I can see plenty of teams paying him the wages, to be honest. There are ways around that. Unsure what sort of value he'd fetch, though.

If he's fit then yeh. There's only a few clubs that can risk £150k p/w on someone who could be injured half the season.
Falcao seems to have no trouble finding a club.
Original post by Mackay
Falcao seems to have no trouble finding a club.

Don't think Sturridge has Mendes as his agent.
Lovren ready to step up in the wake of Sakho's absence, he says. That's good to hear, but I'll wait and see how he performs ON the pitch.

I'm glad the International nonsense is over now, this thread has been dead along with many others. It's good to see Sturridge back training, but as I've aforementioned, he needs to get a lengthy run of games to prove doubters wrong.
Original post by Mackay
Lovren ready to step up in the wake of Sakho's absence, he says. That's good to hear, but I'll wait and see how he performs ON the pitch.

I'm glad the International nonsense is over now, this thread has been dead along with many others. It's good to see Sturridge back training, but as I've aforementioned, he needs to get a lengthy run of games to prove doubters wrong.

I agree completely.

Very happy to see that he seems confident because that's a very good sign for a player like him.

Massive downgrade from Sakho to Lovren but let's see how it goes.
Just got back from Gambia and found it a bit amusing, a charity set up a primary school there and the head is a Liverpool fan,

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-fc-fan-raises-money-6338441

Really nice lady, got a load of photos, all the rooms have current and past players above the doors.
Lots of rumours that our old chum Brendan Rodgers is off to QPR.

I know he was a bit of a joke figure but he can do much better than a midtable Championship club.

Latest