The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 220
When is everyones interviews for York?
Mine is the 10th of feb which seems much later than everyone else, do you think that is a bad thing?
just got an email from KCL saying they are currently considering my application. I have already done my LNAT so how long do you think it will take before they give an offer/rejection?
Original post by LoveToArgue
We had our interviews with complete strangers, like people's parents or local businesspeople, which made it really scary, but it was good to have been able to go into a room with a randomer and know that we performed well. I had a lovely chat with a barrister :smile: I don't know how we got onto the topic, but we ended up discussing whether or not God made a contract with humans to protect the world! you're at a college then? I'm at my secondary school's sixth form and I think 50ish of us apply to Oxbridge each year, and around 20 get in. And I don't remember if I've told you my stats yet either! 11A* 1A GCSE, 6As AS and 5A* predictions A2 :smile:

Sounds pretty interesting! And those grades are fantastic, you're a shoo-in for an interview, for sure! Yep I'm at a sixth form college (Woodhouse College in London). Generally, 95% of us get into uni, 50% being Russell Group, so as you can imagine, demand is pretty high for interview practice! My grades are pretty terrible in comparison to yours, so I'll just go back to fervently praying!
Original post by ht11928
Mine is the 10th of feb which seems much later than everyone else, do you think that is a bad thing?

Mine is 8th December
Original post by chloetraynor
Sounds pretty interesting! And those grades are fantastic, you're a shoo-in for an interview, for sure! Yep I'm at a sixth form college (Woodhouse College in London). Generally, 95% of us get into uni, 50% being Russell Group, so as you can imagine, demand is pretty high for interview practice! My grades are pretty terrible in comparison to yours, so I'll just go back to fervently praying!

thanks! I did work hard for my grades, but on the day the exams also fell in my favour which always helps :wink: I hope so! I just want the chance to show them how much I want this, I'm sure you feel the same :smile: yep demand must be high! thankfully none of our teachers interviewed us, but my interviewer was an hour delayed in traffic but no one told me, so I was sat alone in the room worrying I had the wrong time/place! I almost missed the Bake Off final, but I got home just in time :biggrin:
thanks! I did work hard for my grades, but on the day the exams also fell in my favour which always helps :wink: I hope so! I just want the chance to show them how much I want this, I'm sure you feel the same :smile: yep demand must be high! thankfully none of our teachers interviewed us, but my interviewer was an hour delayed in traffic but no one told me, so I was sat alone in the room worrying I had the wrong time/place! I almost missed the Bake Off final, but I got home just in time :biggrin:

Haha, priorities! To be fair I would've been mad to miss the Bake Off final, Tamal did make a cracking sticky toffee
Haha, priorities! To be fair I would've been mad to miss the Bake Off final, Tamal did make a cracking sticky toffee

Exactly! I don't know how happy the barrister would've been if I'd said 'thanks for the interview, but Bake Off is beckoning'! :')
Exactly! I don't know how happy the barrister would've been if I'd said 'thanks for the interview, but Bake Off is beckoning'! :':wink:

We've all got our vices, for all you know he could've been thinking the same!
We've all got our vices, for all you know he could've been thinking the same!

potentially :biggrin: but sadly we'll never know as I made it home in time!
I don't have an offer yet, but I do have interviews at York and Cambridge :woo:

Spoiler

Original post by Gingerbread101

Spoiler

What are you going to do? That's an awfully bad coincidence
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by doctorwhofan98
What are you going to do? That's an awfully bad coincidence

As the Cambridge interviews spanned over two days I asked them if I could be moved to the other day but they said no, so I'm hoping I can be moved to another day for York or do a Skype interview with them or something :colondollar:
Original post by Gingerbread101
As the Cambridge interviews spanned over two days I asked them if I could be moved to the other day but they said no, so I'm hoping I can be moved to another day for York or do a Skype interview with them or something :colondollar:

Hopefully it'll all work out - well done on getting a Cambridge interview in particular, hopefully that'll go well! :smile:
Original post by doctorwhofan98
Hopefully it'll all work out - well done on getting a Cambridge interview in particular, hopefully that'll go well! :smile:

Thanks, I'm so pleased I got it, I thought one of my grades was going to let me down but apparently not! :awesome:
Original post by ht11928

Mine's on Dec. 8...
I don't think that having your interview so late is a bad thing - York gets a lot of offers (especially not that it is the top 12 uni in UK for Law :tongue: ) So chill, it will be fine. See that time as a chance to practice so you can ace the interview :wink:
Original post by MHussainAli
Mine is 8th December

Haha, so is mine! Is yours in the morning or afternoon? :smile:
Original post by mnancy
QMUL is definitely more respected in terms of Law I would say, you also get a lot more employment opportunities living in London so I would say QMUL is better I think but well done on your offers!! I also have the same offer from QMUL! :smile:

Thank you for that! That's what I was thinking too :smile: well done!! Where else did you apply and have you had any other offers?
Reply 237
Original post by saule1116
Hi everyone.
So I have applied to law and my UCAS was sent off by my centre a while ago. All my universities are currently considering my application.

I was just wondering if anybody's already got an interview/offer for law. If so, would you mind sharing with which uni and when did you send off your UCAS?

Thanks. :smile:

My friend got unconditional to University of Lincoln!
Hey, guys

I'm wondering about my current position as an international student. I haven't applied to any unis yet, and I am still due to take my LNATs this Dec 9. I'm planning on finalizing my application tomorrow, although my IB predicted grades are still pretty much empty.

Am I in trouble? I see a lot of people already getting offers and all and I'm just here derping around :\

Help, please!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nicolewho
I am starting to panic, applied for Oxford, Durham, KCL, QMUL and Lancaster I think on 7 October and did LNAT on the 13th. I have received offers from QMUL and Lancaster, but I am so worried about Kings, I know that Oxford and Durham will take some more time, but since Kings is taking so long I'm worried I messed up my LNATS. Does Kings usually take a long time for Law? because a lot of other people in my school who applied for other courses already have offers

how long did it take to receive an offer from QMUL?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending