The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TunaTunnel
Still waiting for a Cambridge response?

Yes! I read somewhere they don't interview until December for primary! How long do I have to respond to offers? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Application finished this weekend just waiting on my referees. The waiting is so frustrating!
Original post by laura.a.c265
I'm starting an RE PGCE in September as a career changer. I'm 34 in December. Every teacher and lecturer I have spoken to has made it clear how much of an asset life experience can be so I wouldn't worry.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hi i am looking for personal statement can any one help me
Original post by engr jaffar
hi i am looking for personal statement can any one help me

What do you mean? You need to do your own
A lot of us have got to know each other over the past few months and have been wondering how old everyone is?

I'm 28 (also my name is Kai and not Lambert)
Original post by jimbles
Yes! I read somewhere they don't interview until December for primary! How long do I have to respond to offers? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Someone said one of their unis gave them 10 days but it depends I think
Original post by Lambert87
A lot of us have got to know each other over the past few months and have been wondering how old everyone is?

I'm 25, will be 26 when I start the course!!!

Original post by TunaTunnel
Someone said one of their unis gave them 10 days but it depends I think

Oh gosh! I hope none of my unis do that as I'd like a chance to give Cambridge a go if I can!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'll be 30 next week (in between interviews so have postponed my birthday plans, will stay 29 for a bit longer ;-))

I am planning to wear a smart dress with a blazer, tights and ankle boots (heels, but not stupidly high and I am comfortable walking in them, I am also 5")

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Original post by Lambert87

23! And my name is Emily :smile:
Original post by jimbles
I'm 25, will be 26 when I start the course!!!

Oh gosh! I hope none of my unis do that as I'd like a chance to give Cambridge a go if I can!

Posted from TSR Mobile

That was me! But from then talking to UCL about my concerns they told me it was really out of the ordinary, so I called UEL (who said I could only have 10 days) and told them I had another interview coming, and they said it was fine and they would wait for me to receive all my offers).

Really bizarre.
Original post by SmithTeach
Application finished this weekend just waiting on my referees. The waiting is so frustrating!

Yes. I know...I got my references just two days back. But after this everything goes very quick. This is the only time to relax for you!:smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Hi guys, I need some help!

I have to talk about a current educational issue for 2 min as a presentation, and I don't know any issues!! I'm applying for primary pgce... Any help/advice would be much appreciated!!

Thanks guys :smile:
Original post by Monty21

I have to talk about a current educational issue for 2 min as a presentation, and I don't know any issues!! I'm applying for primary pgce... Any help/advice would be much appreciated!!

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/nov/01/nicky-morgan-national-tests-primary-school-england

This is a very good one
Original post by Monty21

Assessment without levels is a hot topic. I linked my response to implications on assessments, learning and being secondary ready :smile:
Officially firmed my first choice :biggrin: so happy!
Original post by MissBunny
Officially firmed my first choice :biggrin: so happy!

Congrats!! What happens next?
Assessment without levels is a hot topic. I linked my response to implications on assessments, learning and being secondary ready :smile:

The teacher I am observing at my placement said this too!

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

thanks mate! i was originally thinking about this but my personal opinion is that too much tests isn't a good thing.. what if the interview may not disagree with my view.. that could put me in a bad position? i don't know

great! thank you! :smile: so nervous for my last interview!

if you don't mind me asking, how did you talk about that in your presentation?
I'm 23 (look about 15) and applying for Early Years/KS1 PGCE's :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending