The Student Room Group

*MEGATHREAD* Interview discussion thread '15-'16

Scroll to see replies

How you guys preparing for interviews? (preferably MMI)
Original post by ultimatesword
Ahah cool. What did you get for UKCAT if you don't mind me asking?

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

2800, 700 average
Original post by ScaredBanana
Are any of Barts, Imperial or Glasgow MMI?

Hi there,

We just phoned up Barts, and their admissions desk said that the interview is a traditional style (panel style) one.

On Imperial's website page, it says this:
Normally interview panels consist of a chairperson, two other members of the selection panel, a senior medical student and frequently a lay observer. Before your interview you will have a chance to take a tour of the South Kensington Campus organised by medical students.

i.e. it's a panel interview.

Finally, Glasgow University's medicine pages say this:
MBChB InterviewsThe interview is structured and involves a selection panel (including School of Medicine staff, consultants and honorary members of the University) who complete a scoring sheet during the process.The interview session will last around 30 minutes. It is expected that applicants will be interviewed by two panels, with two interviewers on each panel.

We hope this helps, and good luck!
TMP
Original post by The Medic Portal
Hi there,

We just phoned up Barts, and their admissions desk said that the interview is a traditional style (panel style) one.

On Imperial's website page, it says this:
Normally interview panels consist of a chairperson, two other members of the selection panel, a senior medical student and frequently a lay observer. Before your interview you will have a chance to take a tour of the South Kensington Campus organised by medical students.

i.e. it's a panel interview.

Finally, Glasgow University's medicine pages say this:
MBChB InterviewsThe interview is structured and involves a selection panel (including School of Medicine staff, consultants and honorary members of the University) who complete a scoring sheet during the process.The interview session will last around 30 minutes. It is expected that applicants will be interviewed by two panels, with two interviewers on each panel.

TMP

Thanks
How about Durham interviews?? Cheers
Original post by curious_M
Thanks

https://www.dur.ac.uk/school.health/phase1.medicine/admissions/interview/

Following academic screening, applicants who have achieved the UKCAT threshold are invited to attend an interview at Queen's Campus, Durham University. The interview comprises a four station Multiple Mini Interview with each station having one interviewer asking a set of questions specific to that station. Applicants will rotate round the 4 stations in turn. There is one minute preparation time before entering a station with each station lasting exactly 7 minutes. Interviewers will either be health care professionals, members of staff and / or professionals drawn from the local community. The interview focuses on exploring the personal qualities and attributes thought to be important in developing the good doctors of the future. Interviews are held between November and February. The date of your interview does not reflect your chance of being made an offer to study medicine. Those applicants being interviewed in February have the same opportunity as those interviewed in November.
Original post by curious_M
Thanks

Hi there,

From this page on the Durham University website, we found this:
Following academic screening, applicants who have achieved the UKCAT threshold are invited to attend an interview at Queen's Campus, Durham University. The interview comprises a four station Multiple Mini Interview with each station having one interviewer asking a set of questions specific to that station. Applicants will rotate round the 4 stations in turn. There is one minute preparation time before entering a station with each station lasting exactly 7 minutes. Interviewers will either be health care professionals, members of staff and / or professionals drawn from the local community.

We hope this helps,

TMP
Interview at Cambridge😀
Hi there,

From this page on the Durham University website, we found this:
Following academic screening, applicants who have achieved the UKCAT threshold are invited to attend an interview at Queen's Campus, Durham University. The interview comprises a four station Multiple Mini Interview with each station having one interviewer asking a set of questions specific to that station. Applicants will rotate round the 4 stations in turn. There is one minute preparation time before entering a station with each station lasting exactly 7 minutes. Interviewers will either be health care professionals, members of staff and / or professionals drawn from the local community.

We hope this helps,

TMP

Hey Medic Portal,
Can you tell me any news and updates on the Interview offers from Bristol, Exeter & Leichester?
Also, what's the cut off score of Leichester this year, if there even is one?
Thanks for answering!
Original post by futureDOCTOR2k15
Hey Medic Portal,
Can you tell me any news and updates on the Interview offers from Bristol, Exeter & Leichester?
Also, what's the cut off score of Leichester this year, if there even is one?
Thanks for answering!

Hi there,

Bristol have started sending some invitations. However, they don't all go out all at once. So if you haven't received one yet, that doesn't mean you won't get one.

Exeter have almost completed sending out their invitations to interview, and last invitations should be sent out by the end of tomorrow.

Leicester have also started sending out invitations to interview, but like Bristol it's an ongoing process, which lasts until February. As they are still processing their applications, no final cut off has been decided yet.

TMP
Original post by Michaaelaaa
Interview at Cambridge😀

Congrats. If I may ask. Which college it is from and what was your UMS.

Thanks
Hi there,

Bristol have started sending some invitations. However, they don't all go out all at once. So if you haven't received one yet, that doesn't mean you won't get one.

Exeter have almost completed sending out their invitations to interview, and last invitations should be sent out by the end of tomorrow.

Leicester have also started sending out invitations to interview, but like Bristol it's an ongoing process, which lasts until February. As they are still processing their applications, no final cut off has been decided yet.

TMP

Hmmmm...thanks
And u sure abt Exeter?...cause I'm in tier 1 and I still haven't received anything from them😭
Hmmmm...thanks
And u sure abt Exeter?...cause I'm in tier 1 and I still haven't received anything from them😭

Hi there,

Try not to worry about it - they may not have processed your full application yet, and they did say that they haven't finished sending out invitations. If you are stressed though, you could try calling the Exeter Medical School admissions desk on the number found on contact page of the med school website.

The information we wrote before is what we were told when we telephoned the Exeter Medical School admissions desk.

We hope this helps,
TMP
Hi there,

Try not to worry about it - they may not have processed your full application yet, and they did say that they haven't finished sending out invitations. If you are stressed though, you could try calling the Exeter Medical School admissions desk on the number found on contact page of the med school website.

The information we wrote before is what we were told when we telephoned the Exeter Medical School admissions desk.

We hope this helps,
TMP

Ok thank you, cause I'm an international student so maybe they reply to us later or is it the same for everyone?
I'm tier 2 and I haven't received one either but people in tier 3 have?
Has anyone receive an email from ukcat about a trial exam? What's that about?
Original post by Francesco Monaca
Has anyone receive an email from ukcat about a trial exam? What's that about?

Lol what⁉️
Lol what⁉️

Yeah it's probably in your junk email, the ukcat may change next year with a new subtest

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok thank you, cause I'm an international student so maybe they reply to us later or is it the same for everyone?

Hello,

We can't get through to Exeter Medical School at the moment. When we find out whether it's a different case for international students, we'll get back to you ASAP.

In the mean time, try not to worry too much!

TMP
Hello,

We can't get through to Exeter Medical School at the moment. When we find out whether it's a different case for international students, we'll get back to you ASAP.

In the mean time, try not to worry too much!

TMP

Thanks a lot 👍🏽
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by dancinglove
wait can other people edit that poll to add their schools? cos thats what i was trying to do but i dont think it worked

We can add more options to the poll but the issue is you can only have 16 choices max and there are more med schools than that :beard:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending