The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lambert87
A lot of us have got to know each other over the past few months and have been wondering how old everyone is?

I'm 28 (also my name is Kai and not Lambert)

I'm 31, my name's Rhian!
Just got word from the programme coordinator for my interview. I have to teach for 30 minutes to a group of year 8's I cannot wait.
Original post by gentlegiant
Just got word from the programme coordinator for my interview. I have to teach for 30 minutes to a group of year 8's I cannot wait.

Good luck!
Original post by jimbles
So looking back on all my practice tests - I've got above the pass mark (it's 63% right?), it seems my area to improve on is punctuation (of all sections!) anyone got any online thing to read up on punctuation for tonight please that will help me? :smile:

Just put in every piece you think could need to be there... I think I changed 23 things in mine!! You aren't penalised for putting punctuation in that 'shouldn't' be there..
Has anyone heard about interviews from Winchester, Reading or Southampton unis? I applied last monday, feeling a bit keen to know :3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ChancedTravels
Just put in every piece you think could need to be there... I think I changed 23 things in mine!! You aren't penalised for putting punctuation in that 'shouldn't' be there..

Do you not? That's quite odd!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by purplefish92
Has anyone heard about interviews from Winchester, Reading or Southampton unis? I applied last monday, feeling a bit keen to know :3

Posted from TSR Mobile

For Southampton, I had to call up. If you have written on your application that you have a long term health condition (mine was type 1 diabetes) for some reason their system flags it up! Give them a call - I had my interview last tuesday, I called up on Friday and they updated UCAS 10 minutes after the phone call saying I had been successful!

I have also applieid to Reading, I got an email on the day after I applied to UCAS asking me when I expected my module results. Have not heard anything since!
Original post by rede121
For Southampton, I had to call up. If you have written on your application that you have a long term health condition (mine was type 1 diabetes) for some reason their system flags it up! Give them a call - I had my interview last tuesday, I called up on Friday and they updated UCAS 10 minutes after the phone call saying I had been successful!

I have also applieid to Reading, I got an email on the day after I applied to UCAS asking me when I expected my module results. Have not heard anything since!

Thanks for the reply rede21 and congratulations on getting a place! are you accepting southamptons offer? Think I'll give them a ring tomorrow just to check theyve received my application

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just wondering do people receive interview invitations at the same time if it's for the same day?
Anyone have any hints for educational issues particularly aimed at secondary? I was thinking about discussing the obvious teacher shortage, as this is being covered a lot particularly recently regarding employment of international teachers to fill the gaps and 'bidding wars' between schools for the best teachers. With the aim to discuss where things may be going wrong to detract from the role. Good or bad idea?
Original post by Rosie31795
Anyone have any hints for educational issues particularly aimed at secondary? I was thinking about discussing the obvious teacher shortage, as this is being covered a lot particularly recently regarding employment of international teachers to fill the gaps and 'bidding wars' between schools for the best teachers. With the aim to discuss where things may be going wrong to detract from the role. Good or bad idea?

I have some materials but all about language teaching. Which subject are you applying for?
Original post by purplefish92
Thanks for the reply rede21 and congratulations on getting a place! are you accepting southamptons offer? Think I'll give them a ring tomorrow just to check theyve received my application

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, this will be my firm if I don't get into UCL for school direct.

If you are doing primary pgce, this might be the reason it is delayed, as they do secondary first I think.

I would wait another week before emailing, just in case. As they do have until january (40 days from receipt of application)
Hi everyone.

Been lurking since the start of the thread but thought I would say hi as I have my first general primary interview tomorrow at UWE and nerves are starting to kick in.

Skills tests booked for two weeks today and really need to focus on my maths as struggling with time limit and no calculator section.

Big well done to everyone who has secured a place already. Managed to get 3 out of 3 interviews so my application must have been ok.

I am 32 nearly 33 and have two boys 5 and almost 4 so will be starting back at school with my youngest.
Hi everyone,i was wondering if any of you had an idea for a 15 minute teaching episode to a group of fifteen yr 7 & 8 pupils??/

any help would be great.
Original post by rede121
Thank you, this will be my firm if I don't get into UCL for school direct.

If you are doing primary pgce, this might be the reason it is delayed, as they do secondary first I think.

I would wait another week before emailing, just in case. As they do have until january (40 days from receipt of application)

Have you heard anything from UCL yet?
Hello everyone, I am 22, will be 23 when the PGCE starts :smile: - if I get in :P
Original post by daisyhuang1230
Have you heard anything from UCL yet?

Nope! Only had an email confirming receipt of my application and of instructions to log into UCL Portal. Have not heard anything since.
Original post by rede121
Nope! Only had an email confirming receipt of my application and of instructions to log into UCL Portal. Have not heard anything since.

Me neither. When did you submit your application and what subject are you applying for? I read it on UCL web that interviews won't start until December.
Reply 1418
Hi guys,
I sent off my application yesterday evening for Primary PGCE (full-time) and received interview invitations from University of Sussex and UCL today. I've got my Maths test next week as well as my sussex interview (nightmare) so revising like mad this weekend along with putting a presentation together! x
Original post by Lambert87
Nope, a cluster of schools.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending