The Student Room Group

*MEGATHREAD* Interview discussion thread '15-'16

Scroll to see replies

Original post by curious_M
Congrats. If I may ask. Which college it is from and what was your UMS.

Thanks

93 and queens,what about you?
Original post by The Medic Portal
Hello,

We can't get through to Exeter Medical School at the moment. When we find out whether it's a different case for international students, we'll get back to you ASAP.

In the mean time, try not to worry too much!

TMP

Hey, I'm an international applicant and I'd like to know about Exeter too! Thanks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Michaaelaaa
93 and queens,what about you?

Thanks is it SUMS or average
Reply 223
Original post by DT17
Does anyone have any info on when Southampton are going to send out interviews for GEM (A101), and when Birmingham might interview for GEM? (November to March isn't terribly helpful...)

Soton GEM interview invites went out on the 24 Nov last year

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
We can add more options to the poll but the issue is you can only have 16 choices max and there are more med schools than that :beard:

if others agree might we be able to add all the London ones at least please though BSMS would also be great
Hi there,

Try not to worry about it - they may not have processed your full application yet, and they did say that they haven't finished sending out invitations. If you are stressed though, you could try calling the Exeter Medical School admissions desk on the number found on contact page of the med school website.

The information we wrote before is what we were told when we telephoned the Exeter Medical School admissions desk.

We hope this helps,
TMP

Hey The Medic Portal,

Could you tell me about interviews at Glasgow and Aberdeen? Have they finished sending them out?

Thanks!
Reply 226
Hiya, anyone know if Liverpool and Keele are giving out interviews yet? Plus when do BMAT unis get our results...and then when do they give out interviews, I've applied to Leeds :smile:
Thanks!
Reply 227
Hello,

We can't get through to Exeter Medical School at the moment. When we find out whether it's a different case for international students, we'll get back to you ASAP.

In the mean time, try not to worry too much!

TMP

Hi medic portal. I'm an international student and I wanted to know if you knew if Cardiff does interviews separately for international students 'cause I don't think I don't think any international students have heard anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nzomvwa
Hey The Medic Portal,

Could you tell me about interviews at Glasgow and Aberdeen? Have they finished sending them out?

Thanks!

Glasgow haven't sent out any interviews yet, I don't think.
Reply 229
Anyone heard from Liverpool? I am also guessing that Glasgow haven't started sending out any interviews yet
Original post by ScaredBanana
Glasgow haven't sent out any interviews yet, I don't think.

Thanks. :smile:
Original post by futureDOCTOR2k15
Ok thank you, cause I'm an international student so maybe they reply to us later or is it the same for everyone?

Hi there,

So we've heard back from Exeter Medical School. They say that ideally everyone should hear back by the end of today! However, they have had a system fault, so the last invitations to interview may get sent out tomorrow.

Also, it makes no difference if you are an international student. You'll either hear back by the end of today, or tomorrow latest.

In the mean time, in preparation for any interviews you may have been invited to, why not check out our free blogs? They are written by doctors and medical students, and cover how to tackle interviews! We've also got weekly medical news summary blogs, to help you stay up to date with NHS hot topics, and the latest medical developments.

Good luck,

TMP
Original post by Tanishqa
Hey, I'm an international applicant and I'd like to know about Exeter too! Thanks! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hello!

See our reply above to futureDOCTOR2k15!

Good luck,

TMP
Original post by nzomvwa
Hey The Medic Portal,

Thanks!

Good morning!

Glasgow try to give two weeks notice, and haven't sent out any invitations yet. They interview in the first few weeks in December, so most invitations will be sent out at the end of November. If you're an international student, Glasgow will try to give you a little more than two weeks notice, but they can't really guarantee anything!

At the moment we can't get through to Aberdeen, but when we do we'll get back to you ASAP.

Good luck!

TMP
Original post by temid
Hi medic portal. I'm an international student and I wanted to know if you knew if Cardiff does interviews separately for international students 'cause I don't think I don't think any international students have heard anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good morning!

So Cardiff Medical School started interviewing yesterday. However, they continue to do interviews right up to March.

As they have only just started interviewing, very few Cardiff applicants have been invited to interview. It's an ongoing process, so you could hear back anytime from now until March.

As an international student, you won't have heard back just yet. They haven't invited any international students to interview as far as we are aware. You may hear back over the next two weeks, but as it's an on-going process, you could still hear back at any time between now and March (as is the case for UK students).

Good luck!

TMP
Good morning!

Glasgow try to give two weeks notice, and haven't sent out any invitations yet. They interview in the first few weeks in December, so most invitations will be sent out at the end of November. If you're an international student, Glasgow will try to give you a little more than two weeks notice, but they can't really guarantee anything!

At the moment we can't get through to Aberdeen, but when we do we'll get back to you ASAP.

Good luck!

TMP

Thanks!

x
TMP

Do you know when Nottingham/QUB will start sending out interviews? Thanks
Got my interview for Aberdeen next Tuesday and I'm so ill just now.. Talk about bad timing :frown:
Original post by notyous
Do you know when Nottingham/QUB will start sending out interviews? Thanks

Im quite curious about Nottingham as well... Any news?
Ah you can do it. You got to remember this is all part of the test! Best of luck!!!
Original post by Jennapee
Got my interview for Aberdeen next Tuesday and I'm so ill just now.. Talk about bad timing :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending