The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Are UK prospective students disadvantaged for being British when applying to LSE?

Most times, give or take, that I hear of someone going/that has attended the LSE seem to be non-UK citizens.

Apparently, only 33% of admitted students are from the UK (I'm guessing this is because of the money foreign students bring).

I feel like no one is talking about this - I'm asking because I'm thinking of applying and I feel disadvantaged because I'm from the UK.
Reply 1
Original post by Valesker
Most times, give or take, that I hear of someone going/that has attended the LSE seem to be non-UK citizens.

Apparently, only 33% of admitted students are from the UK (I'm guessing this is because of the money foreign students bring).

I feel like no one is talking about this - I'm asking because I'm thinking of applying and I feel disadvantaged because I'm from the UK.

No.

For Undergraduate studies, 51% of students are from the UK. Also, the only reason for this discrepancy is that the LSE holds everyone on equal footings. Which means you are competing with the best of the best from around the world. Not preferring domestic students is what makes the LSE so multicultural, not discrimination.

Source - I'm a Government and Economics undergrad at LSE (from the UK).
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by Jamie S
No.

For Undergraduate studies, 51% of students are from the UK. Also, the only reason for this discrepancy is that the LSE holds everyone on equal footings. Which means you are competing with the best of the best from around the world. Not preferring domestic students is what makes the LSE so multicultural, not discrimination.

Source - I'm a Government and Economics undergrad at LSE (from the UK).

And i would like to think that studying and working amongst different nationalities is a big plus for most employers as it demonstrates ability to work in multicultural environments. The world has shrunk a lot. Intellectual interchange with a more diverse cohort surely contributes to the learning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending