The Student Room Group

International student applying for MPHarm in U.K help !

Hi,

Ok so I am in grade 12 right now and I am in Ontario, Canada and I will be applying through UCAS to 5 MPharm programs in the U.K. My main concern is--like most applicants-- the doubt of me being accepted. I just wanted to know from people who have gone through the experiences of applying and being accepted to MPHarm what their averages were to see how high the cut off rate actually gets (not based off of the percentages needed on the university websites). My Canadian average will be 90% -- that is I think AAA in U.K system -- and I wanted to know whether that would be enough ???

Thank you for any feedback :smile:
Reply 1
Contact universities individually to get a correct answer - each university may vary in their demands.
Reply 2
Original post by S23a
Contact universities individually to get a correct answer - each university may vary in their demands.

I am about 5% above the ranges i just wanted personal opinions
You'll be fine. It's not particularly difficult to get in. I had a couple of seneca college friends that got in with terrible high school marks (70s)...although they had a college diploma with ~3.0 GPA. This was back in 2011 though so bit outdated. One of them got into Manchester and the other at Sunderland.

With averages like that i'd just stay in Canada if i were you. Look into Waterloo's "CAP" program. Or just do a couple of years of undergrad and apply in Canadian schools. If you're returning to Canada/states it'll take you at least~1-2 years of licensing exams/intern hours + extra headache i.e. you won't really save time by going to the UK.
Reply 4
You will be fine. I did not get AAA and I got a place for pharmacy at QUB. Some unis may require you to travel to the main campus for interviews.

Quick Reply

Latest