The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Did anyone hear anything from New College yet?
Reply 5181
Anyone hear anything from Lincoln yet?
Hi! International student here :smile: Anyone know when TSA scores are released and the shortlist release date for Oriel College (or PPE)? Thanks!
Original post by seasoning
Did anyone hear anything from New College yet?

I got a Biological Sciences interview invite from them.
Has anyone heard from Univ yet
Original post by BritishBean
I got a Biological Sciences interview invite from them.

Oh! Congratulations!!!
Original post by Azzer11
Doesn't look like it, hopefully we'll hear soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haven't got one either yet. Fingers crossed itll be soon! Where have people applied for chem? I've gone for Jesus
Original post by JosephLockyer
Has anyone heard anything from Keble?

Original post by Ambre
Does anybody know when the earliest biology interviews were sent out?

I got an invitation for Biology at Keble on the 12th of November :smile:
Original post by crose

I applied for Music there and got an email for an interview yesterday, I know a few other people who applied for English there have heard back as well :smile:
Reply 5189
Original post by LeoNicole
I got an invitation for Biology at Keble on the 12th of November :smile:

Congrats!! You must be one of the first :smile:
Any English interview summons been sent yet? Brasenose applicant here (so I'm sort of screwed, really :wink:)
Original post by crose

No :s-smilie: I'm applying for English, what are you applying for? :biggrin:
Original post by cwang12
Hi! International student here :smile: Anyone know when TSA scores are released and the shortlist release date for Oriel College (or PPE)? Thanks!

[derp]
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jonwithnoname
Any English interview summons been sent yet? Brasenose applicant here (so I'm sort of screwed, really :wink:)

no :redface: I'm applying to Lincoln, so...
what do you mean you're screwed?? is it because other applicants to Brasenose have received interview invitations? I thought they did them within each department within each college-if that's any consolation. I'm kind of in the same boat too, if that also helps, because other applicants to Lincoln on this thread (different subjects) have received interview invitations ! :smile:
Original post by drumsticks
I don't think that Oxford ever release scores of the admissions tests. They're pretty much held internally for the sole purpose of candidate selection.

Original post by cwang12

@drumsticks, not true, I don't think, you can access your admissions test scores later on

At least for the ELAT (which is also run by Cambridge Assessment) we were given special pin numbers (by the centre we sat ours in) which we could use to log on and set up an account. When the results are released to applicants (in January, I think?) we can log on and see how we did. I think we may also get to know (in terms of "strong", "average") in the feedback that our referee received once offers and rejections post-interview have been given out :smile:
Original post by Jess_x
no :redface: I'm applying to Lincoln, so...
what do you mean you're screwed?? is it because other applicants to Brasenose have received interview invitations? I thought they did them within each department within each college-if that's any consolation. I'm kind of in the same boat too, if that also helps, because other applicants to Lincoln on this thread (different subjects) have received interview invitations ! :smile:

Brasenose is hopelessly oversubscribed every single year for a lot of subjects but especially for English - but I really loved it there on open day and couldn't resist applying!

Oh gosh, best of luck with it all! Do you have any other uni offers yet?
Original post by jonwithnoname
Brasenose is hopelessly oversubscribed every single year for a lot of subjects but especially for English - but I really loved it there on open day and couldn't resist applying!

Oh gosh, best of luck with it all! Do you have any other uni offers yet?

No!! I spoke to some students on the open day and they said that the college to which you apply makes no difference-if your application is strong but they don't have enough places, they'll pool you and another, less popular college will take you...seriously have faith! :smile:

Thanks for the good luck, I've received offers from the other 4 unis to which I applied (Durham, Warwick, York and Sheffield if you're interested), how about you? best of luck to you too :smile:
I'm applying for English too, at St.Catherine's. I don't think they send out emails until the 25th or 27th of November, judging by this year's interview timetable.
Good luck to everybody!!
(Original post by @cwang12)
Hi! International student here Anyone know when TSA scores are released and the shortlist release date for Oriel College (or PPE)? Thanks!

Original post by drumsticks
I don't think that Oxford ever release scores of the admissions tests. They're pretty much held internally for the sole purpose of candidate selection.

"On 15 January 2016, we will issue a PDF Statement of Results to each candidate via our Results Online system. Please note: Results will only be released to candidates who have applied to one of the courses requiring TSA at the University of Oxford. Candidates and centres can download their results online"

http://www.admissionstestingservice.org/for-test-takers/thinking-skills-assessment/tsa-oxford/scoring-and-results/
Has anyone heard from Queens yet? Or Modern Languages? I think Cambridge are in the process of giving them out (few friends got some) so I just really want to know so I can stop stressing!

Latest

Trending

Trending