The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

2016 English Literature with Creative Writing Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Hi I'm Jess, I just accepted my unconditional upgrade for English and Creative Writing at UEA. I'm so excited! :smile:
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Hey, congrats on the offer! Good luck with your audition and interview, I wish you all the best :smile: What's your favourite uni at the moment?

Original post by katiecsmith1998
Hi! I've got an unconditional upgrade for English and Creative Writing at UEA, and I also applied for their Scriptwriting and Performance course, so I'll be auditioning for that in January. I've got an interview for English at Cambridge in December which is terrifying, and then I applied for English and Creative Writing at Manchester (who have given me an offer for English Lit before I submit my portfolio) and Royal Holloway :smile:
Hey! Is anyone applying to Birmingham here for english and creative writing?
Original post by Pandorax
Hey! Is anyone applying to Birmingham here for english and creative writing?

Yeah I have, I went to the open day and all the lectures seemed pretty great
Original post by daniisob
Yeah I have, I went to the open day and all the lectures seemed pretty great

Woo, have you received your offer yet and are you attending one of the offer open days?
Original post by Pandorax
Woo, have you received your offer yet and are you attending one of the offer open days?

I literally sent off my UCAS form two days ago, so no offers yet :frown:
I only live 2 hours from Birmingham so I go there quite a bit, but if I do get an offer I hope to go to the open day :smile:
Original post by emmathereader
Hi!

I've just received an offer for English Lit with Creative Writing and I wanted to see who else has applied/plans to apply/has an offer for this course so we can get to know each other and chat! I can only find last year's thread, so I thought I'd make a new one for 2016 applicants :smile:

Hi! This is my favourite uni / course and I will definitely be accepting the offer for it as it's the best uni for creative writing!:smile:
Original post by jessroseh
Hi I'm Jess, I just accepted my unconditional upgrade for English and Creative Writing at UEA. I'm so excited! :smile:

Hi! I hope you don't mind me asking, but I got the email about upgrading my offer to unconditional if it's my firm choice (which it will be), but I just wondered what happens when I accept as nothing has changed on UCAS (not that I expected it to). What happens? It's just I have two unis that haven't replied and one would be my insurance choice and I don't want to risk not having that, being unsure about the whole process! Thank you:smile:
Original post by daniisob
I literally sent off my UCAS form two days ago, so no offers yet :frown:
I only live 2 hours from Birmingham so I go there quite a bit, but if I do get an offer I hope to go to the open day :smile:

Ooh! XD Don't worry, I'm sure the offers will come your way! Same time distance for me, and yes, I'm booked for an offer open day and I wonder how many people will be there for each day! :P
Original post by NatalieLaura
Hi! This is my favourite uni / course and I will definitely be accepting the offer for it as it's the best uni for creative writing!:smile:

Yay! I went to the applicant day yesterday and had a fantastic time - I'm certainly choosing it too :smile:
Yay! I went to the applicant day yesterday and had a fantastic time - I'm certainly choosing it too :smile:

I'm going to the one in February but I'm definitely accepting it before I go - it just seems so far away! I can't wait to start!:smile:
Original post by NatalieLaura
I'm going to the one in February but I'm definitely accepting it before I go - it just seems so far away! I can't wait to start!:smile:

I was 99% sure I'd be accepting it before I went, it just made me even more secure in my choice! The day was fab, so look forward to it!
Reply 92
Hey! I've applied for this course at UEA too (only a few days ago, mind!) and I was just wondering how long it took you to receive a response?! I know all uni's do it differently.
Also, do they always ask you to submit a creative writing portfolio, or sometimes is it purely based on your grades and personal statement etc?
Thanks for your help!
I applied on the 27th November and got a request to see my portfolio about 2 weeks after, I don't know if it's purely based on grades though. I think it's how enthusiasticly you write about writing and you as a person- though it does help if you meet their asking grades
Hi! I'm Amber, I got an unconditional to do the same course!! So excited! Norwich is so lovely and the open day was amazing!
I firmed UEA today! I know it's early to make that decision but I've been 100% certain on my firm and insurance for a long time, I was just waiting for Southampton to respond (I withdrew that choice in the end - wouldn't choose them whatever they offered and didn't want to hold an offer I was never going to use that could go to someone else).
I firmed UEA today! I know it's early to make that decision but I've been 100% certain on my firm and insurance for a long time, I was just waiting for Southampton to respond (I withdrew that choice in the end - wouldn't choose them whatever they offered and didn't want to hold an offer I was never going to use that could go to someone else).

Well I suppose I'll be meeting you in September then!! I did the exact same thing with Warwick! Have you been around UEA? I loved it. May have even looked at the societies today because I'm very sad and very excited 😂
Original post by Amberotton
Well I suppose I'll be meeting you in September then!! I did the exact same thing with Warwick! Have you been around UEA? I loved it. May have even looked at the societies today because I'm very sad and very excited 😂

I hope so! I need to get the grades lol. Yes, I've been 3 times! I fell in love with the place straight away! I've been thinking about all the little details for UEA and my insurance (Kent) for ages, I've been through the societies too :biggrin:
I hope so! I need to get the grades lol. Yes, I've been 3 times! I fell in love with the place straight away! I've been thinking about all the little details for UEA and my insurance (Kent) for ages, I've been through the societies too :biggrin:

You will do though!! Can't wait for barbecues by the lake and everything! What societies did you like the look of?! I like the look of assassins and philosophy I think, and creative writing but I don't know how much time I'll have for all that!!
Original post by Amberotton
You will do though!! Can't wait for barbecues by the lake and everything! What societies did you like the look of?! I like the look of assassins and philosophy I think, and creative writing but I don't know how much time I'll have for all that!!

Haha thanks for the reassurance! A BBQ by the lake sounds like heaven! The student newspaper, creative writing and cinema societies all caught my eye, but the group that I immediately thought 'I'd definitely join that' is CHRONIC. Now you mention it, the assassins one certainly looks interesting!

Quick Reply