The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I just heard from them today. Has anyone got tips for preparing for English?

English
Corpus Christi
UK

Corpus Christi doesn't have an entrance exam for English btw, phew.
Original post by shonakitty
I just heard from them today. Has anyone got tips for preparing for English?

English
Corpus Christi
UK

Corpus Christi doesn't have an entrance exam for English btw, phew.

I'm rereading everything on my personal statement and the written work I sent the college I applied to. I'm also doing "practise" interviews at other schools in my area to get used to speaking to teachers I don't know! I'm also reading more literary theory and criticisms, working my way through the madwoman in the attic at the moment!

Posted from TSR Mobile
1. Phys Natsci
2. Emmanuel
3. UK
A. Natural Sciences (Physical)
B. Trinity
C. International (Australia, but interview at Cambridge)
Reply 24
1. Law
2. Fitzwilliam
3. UK
Is there anyone here currently studying law at Cambridge? Could you possibly tell me bit about what the interview is like? And also the admissions test? I know it will be an essay question :smile:
Reply 25
1. Engineering
2. St Catharine's
3. UK
(edited 8 years ago)
For Emma applicants, here's their timeline: http://www.emma.cam.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduates/applying/timeline/
According to this, interview notifications should all be sent out by 23.11. If you didn't get one, you actually should have received an e-mail on 13.11.

I got mine yesterday.

A. Maths
B. Emmanuel
C. EU
A. compsci
B. Robinson
C. UK
Original post by Lin98
1. Law
2. Fitzwilliam
3. UK
Is there anyone here currently studying law at Cambridge? Could you possibly tell me bit about what the interview is like? And also the admissions test? I know it will be an essay question :smile:

My brother is currently studying there. For the admissions test, check powerpoints from other law schools- see how they write essays and establish arguments. I believe some school have a particular essay structure, but I'm not sure what it's called

For the interview- Read some mock cases with answers, read over some basic human rights/ necessities for good society... look at global human values and use those in your reasoning.
A: Bio natsci
B: Christs
C: International
Reply 30
Hoping to study Physics at corpus, still no word back. Do they explicitly say if you haven't got an interview or do you just not get a 'call back'?
Reply 31
A: Law
B: Queens'
C: UK
A: Maths
B: Trinity
C: International
Reply 33
Original post by s_o_brie
Hoping to study Physics at corpus, still no word back. Do they explicitly say if you haven't got an interview or do you just not get a 'call back'?

You will receive a reply one way or the other.

It's still early days - many of the offers/rejections have yet to be sent.
A: Maths
B: Trinity
A: Natural Sciences (Physical)
B: Churchill
(edited 8 years ago)
Update: Homerton says all offers/ rejections should be received by Nov. 27 (from Homerton specifically); others should expect the same- 9 days left!
Original post by daisyalltheworld
I received my invitation to interview on Monday.
A. English
B. Churchill
C. UK

I was wondering if anyone else receiving interviews for English have been asked to complete a practical criticism exercise at interview?

A fellow Churchill applicant! A female!?!?!

A miracle.

I applied to Churchill for Mathematics, interview's on the 4th of December. When's yours?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by multiratiunculae
A fellow Churchill applicant! A female!?!?!

A miracle.

I applied to Churchill for Mathematics, interview's on the 4th of December. When's yours?

Yes indeedy! A female, humanities, Churchill applicant...very rare breed indeed.
Congratulations on your interview. Mines on the 9th, I'm very excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by daisyalltheworld
Yes indeedy! A female, humanities, Churchill applicant...very rare breed indeed.
Congratulations on your interview. Mines on the 9th, I'm very excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could well be an advantage. My kind, white mathematising males, are too ubiquitous there so they might be reluctant to take on another of me. In any case, I don't think they will offer me a place anyway.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending