The Student Room Group

Leeds Economics vs Loughborough Economics????

Scroll to see replies

anyone?
what grades did u get to get in?
Reply 22
Original post by Student1245
Hi, got my offer for Leeds BSc Econ at AAA. Also got an offer for Econ with industrial placement at Exeter at AAB.

Can I still do the Access to Leeds Scheme if i put it as my insurance?

was just wondering did you apply for straight economics at exeter with placement year? and also would you mind sharing with me your AS grades and predicted grades?

I'm asking as im debating whether to apply there or not!

Thanks alot!!
Original post by Kaz_96
was just wondering did you apply for straight economics at exeter with placement year? and also would you mind sharing with me your AS grades and predicted grades?

I'm asking as im debating whether to apply there or not!

Thanks alot!!

Yeah pure Economics with placement year (hopefully can do that at an IB).
AS grades: BBBC
Predicted AAB

What unis you looking at?
Reply 24
Yeah pure Economics with placement year (hopefully can do that at an IB).
AS grades: BBBC
Predicted AAB

What unis you looking at?

Oh okay, congratulations!

I got AAC in my A levels (A in maths and economics), currently on a gap year looking to bump my C in chemistry up to an A as I've been predicted an A.

Looking to apply to nottingham, exeter, leeds, surrey and lougborough, still not sure on all of those choices yet.

Not sure either how much of a chance I stand with exeter and nottingham!

Thanks for your reply btw :smile:
Original post by Kaz_96
Oh okay, congratulations!

I got AAC in my A levels (A in maths and economics), currently on a gap year looking to bump my C in chemistry up to an A as I've been predicted an A.

Looking to apply to nottingham, exeter, leeds, surrey and lougborough, still not sure on all of those choices yet.

Not sure either how much of a chance I stand with exeter and nottingham!

Thanks for your reply btw :smile:

Yeah I'd apply if I were you. You've got really good grades, definitely have a strong chance. Also got an offer at Notts for Industrial Eco (AAB) but will probably firm Exeter over that.

Good luck with your application.
Reply 26
Yeah I'd apply if I were you. You've got really good grades, definitely have a strong chance. Also got an offer at Notts for Industrial Eco (AAB) but will probably firm Exeter over that.

Good luck with your application.

thanks for the optimistic chat haha!

How come you chose not to apply for straight eco at nottingham aswell?
Original post by Kaz_96
thanks for the optimistic chat haha!

How come you chose not to apply for straight eco at nottingham aswell?

They ask for A*AA for Eco :frown:
Reply 28
They ask for A*AA for Eco :frown:

They ask for A*AA/AAA? hence im applying there for straight economics? or am i wasting my time applying there haha

I also think i've seen a few people in these forums with offers of AAA for economics at nottingham i believe
yh I think the contextual offer is AAA. My Exeter off is a contextual offer as their range is A*AA-AAB. So i was lucky to get the lowest offer :smile:
Reply 30
yh I think the contextual offer is AAA. My Exeter off is a contextual offer as their range is A*AA-AAB. So i was lucky to get the lowest offer :smile:

Dunno if this is a stupid question but what do you mean by contextual? Sorry if it is haha, also I'm debating Loughborough or Manchester as my insurance, which would you put down?
Original post by Kaz_96
Dunno if this is a stupid question but what do you mean by contextual? Sorry if it is haha, also I'm debating Loughborough or Manchester as my insurance, which would you put down?

Contextual offers are given to students from lower achieving schools. Other factors can be like family backgrounds, family income..etc... The offer will be lower than the standard offer.

It really depends on the career path you want to go down. I would personally pick Manchester since it's a Russel group and quite a few graduates go onto investment banking. Loughborough is great too, good grad. prospects and ranked highly on tables.
Reply 32
Contextual offers are given to students from lower achieving schools. Other factors can be like family backgrounds, family income..etc... The offer will be lower than the standard offer.

It really depends on the career path you want to go down. I would personally pick Manchester since it's a Russel group and quite a few graduates go onto investment banking. Loughborough is great too, good grad. prospects and ranked highly on tables.

Ahh okay, cheers for explaining haha
Yh I was leaning towards Manchester simply because it seems more reputable among employers
Thanks for your help

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending