The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

Sheffield Hallam Accommodation 2016 entry

Scroll to see replies

I've just got an unconditional for events management. Victoria halls looks nice so does Liberty Court but i haven't visited yet and have no idea what to choose!
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by Maddiejayne
I've just got an unconditional for events management. Victoria halls looks nice so does Liberty Court but i haven't visited yet and have no idea what to choose!

Aw well done! I like Victoria Halls does look nice and its really central! I hadn't even looked into it since people started mentioning it! I really like the look of Trigon because its still close enough to the clubs and town but also not so loud that you could have a night in if you wanted. Its such a hard decision:frown:
i just firmed my unconditional for Marketing communications and Advertising so its official!!
I think i am going to go for Victoria halls as my first choice then i want to go for a good accommodation, but ones that aren't in the most popular, so i was thinking brammal hall or summerfield or something??

some of the accommodation has no internet of limited mb which worries me? i don't know what to have as my second choice at all!!

(also when can we begin to apply for student loan?)
Reply 23
Original post by jennifermarsh97
i just firmed my unconditional for Marketing communications and Advertising so its official!!
I think i am going to go for Victoria halls as my first choice then i want to go for a good accommodation, but ones that aren't in the most popular, so i was thinking brammal hall or summerfield or something??

some of the accommodation has no internet of limited mb which worries me? i don't know what to have as my second choice at all!!

My college told me we can start applying for student loans in February !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24

Bramall Court is quite far away from everything I'd go for a closer one your bound to get one of your choices but its up to you obviously! Are you going to look around accommodation when you go to the open day? Does anyone know how many accommodation you can look around?
Original post by amxxx
Bramall Court is quite far away from everything I'd go for a closer one your bound to get one of your choices but its up to you obviously! Are you going to look around accommodation when you go to the open day? Does anyone know how many accommodation you can look around?

yeah i am hoping too, i really want to look around the building i will be in then accommodation, because i can actually look at course and stuff on my applicant day?
I have no idea how many you can look round, but i presume if there is several tours all day (?) then you can just join them?
Reply 26
yeah i am hoping too, i really want to look around the building i will be in then accommodation, because i can actually look at course and stuff on my applicant day?
I have no idea how many you can look round, but i presume if there is several tours all day (?) then you can just join them?

Yeah thats true! I'm going to look at as many as I can and hopefully that will help me make my decision! Its so hard I honestly don't know what to do! Its alright looking around them and thinking they look alright its just what its like to actually live there for students!
Reply 27
Hey all

I firmed my unconditional to study here next year and have been looking at accommodation. Forge will be my first choice and either Victoria halls or opal second. I'm stuck though because if I don't get in forge I've heard Victoria halls fills up quick so then il be in somewhere else I haven't even picked. Like I say I have an unconditional so if I apply for accommodation as soon as it opens next month surely il get my first choice wont I? Worrying!
Original post by as2611
Hey all

I firmed my unconditional to study here next year and have been looking at accommodation. Forge will be my first choice and either Victoria halls or opal second. I'm stuck though because if I don't get in forge I've heard Victoria halls fills up quick so then il be in somewhere else I haven't even picked. Like I say I have an unconditional so if I apply for accommodation as soon as it opens next month surely il get my first choice wont I? Worrying!

well i don't know whether insurance get special consideration and an advantage? I'm not 100% sure? and i know we can begin to apply on 1st but at what time?? I'm scared my hall will fill up really quick and i won't get my choice!!

also what are you studying?
Reply 29
well i don't know whether insurance get special consideration and an advantage? I'm not 100% sure? and i know we can begin to apply on 1st but at what time?? I'm scared my hall will fill up really quick and i won't get my choice!!

also what are you studying?

How do you mean? This is my firm choice I didn't pick an insurance choice, I just mean if it's an unconditional and I apply early surely il get first choice accommodation?! Sports business, you?
Original post by as2611
How do you mean? This is my firm choice I didn't pick an insurance choice, I just mean if it's an unconditional and I apply early surely il get first choice accommodation?! Sports business, you?

yeah thats what i mean i think that unconditional get an advantage over everyone else? but I'm not entirely sure, because thats slightly unfair???
and marketing and advertising
Reply 31
yeah thats what i mean i think that unconditional get an advantage over everyone else? but I'm not entirely sure, because thats slightly unfair???
and marketing and advertising

Tbh im really not sure how it's done?
Reply 32
Can you book rooms directly through the company's ie unite or does it have to be through the uni?
Reply 33
Sent off my ucas and hoping to be at Sheffield Hallam next year. Will study PR and media and hope to stay in forge!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amxxx
I'm going to the applicant day too! But yeah you should be fine if you do that :smile: I've heard a lot of people saying the forge is really good and near to everything but it is a little dearer than some of the others? I have no idea what to do! I'm hoping this open day will help me
Ooo sounds good! I'm doing Events Management

oh my god, i'm studying event management too! i don't know what accommodation to go for, i was going to go for liberty courts but now i don't know, I'm now leaning towards victoria?!
Original post by lucekp1
Sent off my ucas and hoping to be at Sheffield Hallam next year. Will study PR and media and hope to stay in forge!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've got an unconditional to study PR next year at Sheffield Hallam!! Have you heard back yet??:biggrin:
Original post by hollyrw
The notorious corp??????

Posted from TSR Mobile

its a club!
Reply 37
Original post by clodaghsmith1
I've got an unconditional to study PR next year at Sheffield Hallam!! Have you heard back yet??:biggrin:

No not yet! My teacher hasn't sent off my reference yet 😭 I'm doing an access to he course so hope I get a conditional! Do you know which accom you're applying for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
just got an unconditional for computer science + am considering exchange works as my halls. anyone else thinking about exchange works? :biggrin:
Original post by as2611
Hey all

Hiya, I applied for why first choice accommodation very early in the year but didn't receive my first choice and only got my offer back a week before I was supposed to start uni! all of them accoms are nice, I'm currently living at the forge but have visited victoria hals and opal 1 (fenton house) several times and they are all lovely! if i had to choose between the two though i would choose opal 1 for a second choice - it is newer and seems to have better on-site security! (i got stuck in there near the gates after visiting a friend and the guard tried to kick me out, hah)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending