The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dewdropdew
Hi, I have three strong A level grades, however I dropped psychology at AS as my result wasn't so strong (C). I'm worried this grade will hinder my application. Do I need to include it on my UCAS form?

http://help.ucas.com/contract12/index.html
Ucas is very clear on the matter.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
http://help.ucas.com/contract12/index.html
Ucas is very clear on the matter.

Thanks for your help. Do you think putting down unit grades is a good/bad idea? Just got to the final stages of my application and stressing over every tiny detail!
Original post by dewdropdew
Thanks for your help. Do you think putting down unit grades is a good/bad idea? Just got to the final stages of my application and stressing over every tiny detail!

It's all in the first two posts of this thread. Short answer, put all or none.
Original post by Hassan55
I did AS Maths at my secondary school (2 years ago) and got a U grade. I am taking maths at college and currently a second year student. I got a grade A at AS level when I did it last year. Do I have to enter the U grade as an AS level under my secondary school and also enter the A grade at my college on UCAS?
I did not receive any as level certificates amongst my gcse ones, does this mean they haven't been "cashed in" , hence do not need to enter them?

It will most likely be cashed in since you actually sat the exam. The reason you haven't got an exam certificate for it is because the result was ungraded. You have to enter all exam results on UCAS even if they are ungraded but the universities will take into the account that you sat the exam a year early.
I did AS Maths at my secondary school (2 years ago) and got a U grade. I am taking maths at college and currently a second year student. I got a grade A at AS level when I did it last year. Do I have to enter the U grade as an AS level under my secondary school and also enter the A grade at my college on UCAS?
Yes
I did not receive any as level certificates amongst my gcse ones, does this mean they haven't been "cashed in" , hence do not need to enter them?
Not necessarily - you need to check with your school as they may be holding them for you.
**** really? When I applied to colleges I just stated the stuff I passed at. I thought it was like a CV where you're just kind of expected to bend thr truth to sell yourself. Owell halfway through 1st year and nobodies said anything.
Please help me I am very confused

In my secondary school I have done Pearson BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate in Music and I was searching ucas application where I could enter this qualification but I could't find where to put it as there is just no such a qualification choice on the application form.
Really frustrated.Help.
Original post by danielssfi
Please help me I am very confused

In my secondary school I have done Pearson BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate in Music and I was searching ucas application where I could enter this qualification but I could't find where to put it as there is just no such a qualification choice on the application form.
Really frustrated.Help.

Type it in under 'other'.
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
Type it in under 'other'.

Thank you, just needed reassurance. Appreciate your quick response,thanks.
I had the same problem too, if it says on your exam certificates in brackets (QCF) then you should search for QCF and I think it comes up with BTEC extended Certificate (QCF)

Yes it does but unfortunately it says

'Do not enter your BTEC here if you began it during or after September 2010 - go back to the list of qualifications and select the relevant BTEC (QCF) qualification.'

And there isn't relevant QCF qualification for me on their list :frown:
I had the same problem too, if it says on your exam certificates in brackets (QCF) then you should search for QCF and I think it comes up with BTEC extended Certificate (QCF)

I am so stupid, just saw it on the list, so sorry for wasting time everyone ohhh...
If I got a D in my English AS level, but I'm taking it onto A2 and resitting both of my modules from AS, do I need to add it as another AS and a full A level, or do I just add a full A level and put all of my modules as pending? Not sure if that was confusing.. But hopefully someone gets me
Can someone please help me :redface:
I completed an AS in Biology with Edexcel in June 2014. I repeated year 12 and did AS Biology with AQA in June 2015 and due to circumstances I received a lower grade than what I got the first year with Edexcel. I then transferred/converted my Edexcel grade to AQA so I was able to continue with my school's AQA A2 course. I'm retaking an AS unit (an Edexcel paper) in June 2016.

My problem is related to putting in grades/exam boards in the 'education' section. I know that I should put the GCE Advanced Subsidiary as being done with AQA, as the conversion to AQA has been completed. However, for the unit I am retaking, what exam board should I put down? Should it be Edexcel as the exam I am sitting will be an Edexcel paper, or AQA as the retaken unit will become part of an AQA A2 qualification? I really want to send my application off ASAP but I don't want to put the wrong thing. I emailed JCQ and they told me to ask AQA who haven't yet replied.
Hi guys,
how do I start my own thread?
Original post by aliya101
Hi guys,
how do I start my own thread?

There's a 'post' button on the top left of the page.
Original post by Oiseaux
Can someone please help me :redface:
I completed an AS in Biology with Edexcel in June 2014. I repeated year 12 and did AS Biology with AQA in June 2015 and due to circumstances I received a lower grade than what I got the first year with Edexcel. I then transferred/converted my Edexcel grade to AQA so I was able to continue with my school's AQA A2 course. I'm retaking an AS unit (an Edexcel paper) in June 2016.

My problem is related to putting in grades/exam boards in the 'education' section. I know that I should put the GCE Advanced Subsidiary as being done with AQA, as the conversion to AQA has been completed. However, for the unit I am retaking, what exam board should I put down? Should it be Edexcel as the exam I am sitting will be an Edexcel paper, or AQA as the retaken unit will become part of an AQA A2 qualification? I really want to send my application off ASAP but I don't want to put the wrong thing. I emailed JCQ and they told me to ask AQA who haven't yet replied.
Good question, and a new one on me, I'm afraid. You could try asking UCAS for advice if you aren't getting an answer from AQA. The issue will be making sure that the result can be tracked to you on Results Day, and I truly don't know how it would work in these circumstances.
Hey!

Going by this thread, am I right in saying that you can declare your grade as well as the UMS score for each module on the UCAS form?

Also I was hoping someone could help me out a bit here :P I have a bit of a complicated situation, I completed my GCSES in 2012, then I moved countries and came back a year later to start my A-Levels in 2013. I completed my A-levels in 2015 achieving A*A*B (in chem, bio and RS respectively). I'm currently on a gap year retaking my RS exam to achieve an A/A*. So basically... I was wondering if the uni would think i've taken 3 years to do my GCSE's even though I did them over a two year period, because I had a gap year after them? Or would they think I've had a 4 year period to complete my A-Levels again even though I've done them over a two year period (well techinically 3 when I resit my RS)
So basically:
GCSES= 2010-2012
Year out= 2012-2013
AS levels= 2013-2014
A-Levels= 2014-2016 (because retaking RS this summer) :confused: I don't think I've done a very good job explaining that haha but if anyone could help that would be really appreciated, thanks
Original post by chocbrownie
Hey!

Going by this thread, am I right in saying that you can declare your grade as well as the UMS score for each module on the UCAS form?
No, as the OP makes clear, you cannot enter both. You should enter grades unless one of your unis specifically asks for UMS (few do).

Also I was hoping someone could help me out a bit here :P I have a bit of a complicated situation, I completed my GCSES in 2012, then I moved countries and came back a year later to start my A-Levels in 2013. I completed my A-levels in 2015 achieving A*A*B (in chem, bio and RS respectively). I'm currently on a gap year retaking my RS exam to achieve an A/A*. So basically... I was wondering if the uni would think i've taken 3 years to do my GCSE's even though I did them over a two year period, because I had a gap year after them? Or would they think I've had a 4 year period to complete my A-Levels again even though I've done them over a two year period (well techinically 3 when I resit my RS)
So basically:
GCSES= 2010-2012
Year out= 2012-2013
AS levels= 2013-2014
A-Levels= 2014-2016 (because retaking RS this summer) :confused: I don't think I've done a very good job explaining that haha but if anyone could help that would be really appreciated, thanks
Well, no, because the date you achieved the GCSEs will be when they would expect it to be. Also, when you enter the educational establishments you attended, you will show up the gap year because of the difference between finishing at one outfit and starting at another. Your referee would be well advised to explain in your reference why you took that year out, by the way.
nn
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by FawadFarooq
Hi
I am very confused right now
I am applying after a GAP year and i am going to resit in A-levels in Mathematics and Physics.I got U in both and B in media studies i am only mentioning media studies in that attempt.
so tell me what to do.
Would ill be in any disadvantage if ill mention my Us in these subjects in considering admission and what if i don't mention

Read the first posts on this thread.

You MUST mention all official grades.

That includes failures and U grades.

Put it all in - withholding information makes your application technically fraudulent. You risk expulsion from your degree if it is discovered at a later date. The chances of it being discovered are VERY high (matching qualification happens at both UCAS and after you start university through the national pupil database).

Universities consider lying and fraud to be far more damning in an applicant than a few U grades.

Latest

Trending

Trending