Starting a Fashion business whiles in Uni !!!!!

Watch
katienelsonj
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hey Everyone,

I am a student who started a business as part of my Fashion Marketing Degree.
During one of my course modules in MA International fashion Marketing degree, I was expected to create a business plan which ended up being a plan to open an online fashion retailer. After this I decided to execute my business plan as part of my final project. The outcome of this project was www.stylefierce.co.uk which offers carefully curated outfits mainly dresses for your every occasion.

University is definetly the best place to start a business because there are so many free facilities which you might otherwise have to pay a lot of money for. I worked with students and lecturers in photography and videography department as well as models and beauty students who wanted to improve their portfolio. I also got free access to trend prediction websites and advice from teachers who have successfully started businesses in fashion. This allowed me to start a business on a low budget and focus funds on other aspects of the business.

Finally, most Universities have startup financing opportunities which could be granted to students that create a good business plan. So take the chance and even if it doesn't work out, you will leave University with a wealth of experience or maybe even a successful business.

I would be happy to answer any specific questions or know your general thoughts on starting a business in Uni.....
beatsurrender
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi! I've just looked into contacting my uni for some support with starting a tutoring business. Have you found it has affected your studies? I'm in my third year and am concerned about my grades falling short if I start now..
katienelsonj
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by beatsurrender)
Hi! I've just looked into contacting my uni for some support with starting a tutoring business. Have you found it has affected your studies? I'm in my third year and am concerned about my grades falling short if I start now..
Yeah I understand your concerns but if you create a solid timetable for yourself, it should not affect your studies. Starting a business basically means making sacrifices, which will lead to less time for social outings.
Also what are you studying? because sometimes you can incorporate and research parts of your business as part of what you are studying.
beatsurrender
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by katienelsonj)
Yeah I understand your concerns but if you create a solid timetable for yourself, it should not affect your studies. Starting a business basically means making sacrifices, which will lead to less time for social outings.
Also what are you studying? because sometimes you can incorporate and research parts of your business as part of what you are studying.
Ok yeah I'll get onto making myself a timetable
I'm studying English language with English language teaching. I write a blog on my website which offers occasional free materials for the students so I have used some of the lesson plans I've had from my course in there which has been a good time saver.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (20)
16.81%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (38)
31.93%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
10.08%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
10.92%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (5)
4.2%
I think it's an unfair expectation (29)
24.37%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.68%

Watched Threads