The Student Room Group

PGCE Applications 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by liam.derry
Have you heard anything back yet? I had mine on Monday and I am sitting on hot coals ever since. What uni was it for?

Yep!

Got a text at 3.45 (just as I got home) saying I had a place!

Happy Dance!!! 👍😀

ETA: It was for Liverpool John Moores

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk
Original post by Abbieh1991
I hope so as continuing at chi would be alot less hassle lol and they are supposed to be a good uni for their course. The interview doesn't look too bad for chi compared to what could be thankfully!

I got an acknowledgement email from chi so I would think we'd get one from them too. Is Winchester nice? I don't know much about it, just needed a third choice and didn't feel prepared enough for SCITT lol

I've done work experience in Southampton and I've heard really good things about them too from teachers glad to hear more positives how is your partner finding SCITT?

Yeah winchester seems really nice, went to an open evening and the staff seemed friendly and helpful. Found out today that I've got an interview there next week :smile:

I don't think I'd be cut out for SCITT either, even though i'm doing some unqualified teaching atm. My partner is getting more stressed as the term goes on; keeping up with full time work and study is tough. He's doing secondary.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rede121
Is this for UCL? Good luck! I'm sure you will do great!

No, I haven't received anything for them, but mine is a school direct placement (UCL is the accrediting provider).

Yes UCL. Hope you hear from them soon. :smile:
I changed two of my choices just before submitting my application on Monday. I now have one uni and two scitts. Had an email from one scitt straightaway (just saying they received the application and will let me know more this week) and a phone call the same day from the other scitt asking if I could come for an interview next week.
Haven't heard anything from uni yet.
Original post by ChancedTravels
I know... But I live in (a nice part of) East London so would be more convenient haha!

I changed my choices on Monday and applied to UEL :eek::smile: I still can't believe I did that.
How quickly did you get the interview?
Reply 1486
Can i ask where you found information on what schools offered SCITT and how you decided on yours?

Thanks
Original post by taguey
Can i ask where you found information on what schools offered SCITT and how you decided on yours?

Thanks

I used UCAS search and picked the ones most convenient for me to travel to.
Original post by *tango*
I changed my choices on Monday and applied to UEL :eek::smile: I still can't believe I did that.
How quickly did you get the interview?

I got offered the interview after about 5 days, for 5 days later, and got an offer the day after my interview! I was pleasantly surprised, and really liked the staff/campus :smile:
I got offered the interview after about 5 days, for 5 days later, and got an offer the day after my interview! I was pleasantly surprised, and really liked the staff/campus :smile:

Thank you.
I went to see the school last week and liked it, especially 24/7 access to the library :smile:. I spoke to the staff and was told that they have some placements outside London which is great as it would be too much for me to travel to London every day. (I can't just relocate as I have a family.)
Original post by *tango*
Thank you.
I went to see the school last week and liked it, especially 24/7 access to the library :smile:. I spoke to the staff and was told that they have some placements outside London which is great as it would be too much for me to travel to London every day. (I can't just relocate as I have a family.)

Well maybe see you in September then!! :P
Well maybe see you in September then!! :P

Maybe :wink:
Original post by Jen Hawkins
I've got an interview for cardiff met, have you heard anything? :smile:

Hi, i've applied to cardiff met and have an interview on the 1st! Its a lot to prepare for the day!
Hi, hope everyone's applications are going well :smile:
I applied for University of Worcester PGCE core route. I applied November 5th, received an invitation for a interview on Monday the 9th and just had my interview on Tuesday 17th :smile:
Just waiting to hear back now and the waiting is killing me!! I was just wondering if anyone else is at this stage and how long they think I would have to wait?
My friend applied for secondary PE at Worcester and gor a reply the next day! So now I'm worried!
Also if anyone wants any help or advice on the interview process for Worcester Uni let me know :smile:
Original post by lhudson17
Hi, hope everyone's applications are going well :smile:
I applied for University of Worcester PGCE core route. I applied November 5th, received an invitation for a interview on Monday the 9th and just had my interview on Tuesday 17th :smile:
Just waiting to hear back now and the waiting is killing me!! I was just wondering if anyone else is at this stage and how long they think I would have to wait?
My friend applied for secondary PE at Worcester and gor a reply the next day! So now I'm worried!
Also if anyone wants any help or advice on the interview process for Worcester Uni let me know :smile:

Had an interview on the 12th and still waiting for a result! Different Uni/department respond differently so there's no point panicking really. Relax and hope you hear some good news soon.
Just after I posted this I had my conditional offer come though :biggrin:
Only 2 days after interview so Worcester definitely has a quick turn around time!
Just have 3 months to pass my skills tests now :/ which I am not looking forward to :/
Hope your responses are what you are looking for :smile:
Original post by lhudson17
Just after I posted this I had my conditional offer come though :biggrin:
Only 2 days after interview so Worcester definitely has a quick turn around time!
Just have 3 months to pass my skills tests now :/ which I am not looking forward to :/
Hope your responses are what you are looking for :smile:

Congratulations!!!! Which pgce was it at Worcester? I'm interviewing there next week so hopefully I hear good news regarding a place too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an offer yesterday! I'm so relieved and I'm really excited. I got a great impression from the university and I'm thinking about accepting it straight but I guess it could still be worth it to wait the reply from another university...

Anyway, good luck to all of you! :smile:
I have my first interview in 2 weeks!

It's at Sussex Uni so I'm not 100% sure how I feel about the course (it's Classics with History not Latin with Classics and I have done Classics for 6 years at uni now but I've barely touched modern history in that time...) But they don't make you sit a Latin exam so...

I have to prepare a presentation on an artefact. For some reason I'm finding the idea quite difficult which is stupid because that is literally a part of my current job.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by magicmaiden
Well done, yes mine's on the 1st Dec. When is yours? You primary or secondary?

Mine is 1st December too, I'm doing primary, you? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending