Shostakovish
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
If I re-sit all the exams in one subject (e.g.all A Level biology exams) in my gap year, would I have to also redo the coursework?

I have emailed the board, but they haven't responded yet so I thought I would try asking on here.

Thank you! ^.^
16characterlimit
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Assuming you are happy with your coursework grade and you are continuing with Biology as a subject to A2, I see no reason why you wouldn't be allowed just to retake the modules you wanted.
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Shostakovish)
If I re-sit all the exams in one subject (e.g.all A Level biology exams) in my gap year, would I have to also redo the coursework?

I have emailed the board, but they haven't responded yet so I thought I would try asking on here.

Thank you! ^.^
The two practical units of the modular biology A level are independent units and in the past you could carry forward the results and just resit exam papers. BUT the specifications for science have changed for teaching this year. This is the last A2 year of the old specification. You could resit all exams this year and carry forward your practical results. No announcement has yet been made on which IF ANY exams from the old specification will be available for resits next year. It may only be the A2 exams, it could possibly be nothing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Shostakovish
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by 16characterlimit)
Assuming you are happy with your coursework grade and you are continuing with Biology as a subject to A2, I see no reason why you wouldn't be allowed just to retake the modules you wanted.
Yes I am, but someone mentioned to me that I might need to Resit coursework if I am redoing all the exams.
Compost
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Shostakovish)
Yes I am, but someone mentioned to me that I might need to Resit coursework if I am redoing all the exams.
If you have already finished your A levels and want to re-sit in Summer 2016 then you can re-sit as many or as few units in a subject as you want. Not re-sitting the coursework is fine.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (611)
33.74%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (761)
42.02%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (359)
19.82%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (80)
4.42%

Watched Threads