The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MouseyBrown
No I'm waiting for the same course, but at Magdalen. I've a feeling it will toward the of next week, judging by last year's thread and a scientific experiment I conducted. :smile:

What did you make of the HAT?

Ah I see!
I can't even explain how I feel towards it, I answered the questions but felt like I barely wrote anything..i'm often one to write a lot and felt like I didn't give enough for the HAT, how about yourself?
Original post by ArtyQuell
... This absolutely made my day! :biggrin:

I do try! xD
Original post by Courtney2905
Ah I see!
I can't even explain how I feel towards it, I answered the questions but felt like I barely wrote anything..i'm often one to write a lot and felt like I didn't give enough for the HAT, how about yourself?

I liked it until the source question....I wrote a lot for that but definitely not my best. You know how it is though, one minute I can think I wrote a really good paper, the next I'm convinced I won't even get to interview cause it was trash!
Original post by DanieleZ
Congratulations to everyone who's received an offer! I'm off to pray for PPE invitations to come out soon

same! Hopefully friday! I don't want to wait all weekend :-/
Just got an rejection from Christ Church for law. Will it be worth a try if I email them them to reconsider me? Because I know that I can WOW them in the interview.....
Original post by Nikki2317
same! Hopefully friday! I don't want to wait all weekend :-/

Last year they only came out on the 27th though, so I doubt it. But you know, we can dream:biggrin: you're from the us, right? are you flying over for interviews or skyping?
A quick shout out to English Lit. lads and ladies: any news as of yet? Checking my emails every two seconds isn't a very pleasing activity as the novelty wore off after the first minute... :wink:
Original post by Christina Chan
Just got an rejection from Christ Church for law. Will it be worth a try if I email them them to reconsider me? Because I know that I can WOW them in the interview.....

:frown: I highly doubt it, they have too many qualified candidates as is, and if they were to let someone get an interview just because the candidate asked for another chance, it would set a crazy precedent.
:frown: I highly doubt it, they have too many qualified candidates as is, and if they were to let someone get an interview just because the candidate asked for another chance, it would set a crazy precedent.

OMG..... I am absolutely devasted. Because this is my second rejection now. I just got rejected from LSE. Now I am waiting for rejection from Durham ...... I doubt they will reject mw.
Original post by Christina Chan
OMG..... I am absolutely devasted. Because this is my second rejection now. I just got rejected from LSE. Now I am waiting for rejection from Durham ...... I doubt they will reject mw.

I'm sorry for the rejections, but I'm sure you'll get an offer from a great uni :biggrin: I mean if you're good enough to apply to Oxford and all that... (now watch me get rejected as well :redface:)
Guys, how important are interviews really in the scheme of your application? Like if you're not that good on paper but amazing in interview will you get in? Or if you are amazing on paper but pretty rubbish at interview will you get rejected?
I'm sorry for the rejections, but I'm sure you'll get an offer from a great uni :biggrin: I mean if you're good enough to apply to Oxford and all that... (now watch me get rejected as well :redface:)

Thank you! I am sure you will get an invitation for an interview! I believed that the sole cause of my rejection was LNAT......
Got an interview at Queen's College for Law!
Original post by politicalmind
Guys, how important are interviews really in the scheme of your application? Like if you're not that good on paper but amazing in interview will you get in? Or if you are amazing on paper but pretty rubbish at interview will you get rejected?

The interview is pretty important in the scheme of things, it essentially lets them assess if you are right for the tutorial style of teaching they employ. However, on the bright side, when I went to an information day and saw a demonstration interview, it was very much stressed that it is just a conversation not an interrogation - they just want to see how you think. They would like to see you think on your feet and interact. I believe they value the person in the flesh over their credentials on paper (but naturally they have to take everything into consideration.)
Hope that helps. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by jakebasty
Has anyone heard from Jesus yet? (I do mean the college, though the son of God may be of use to me rn ngl)

Also, anyone got an interview for philosophy? -I am applying for the joint theology course :smile:

A* for applying to Jesus College for theology. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ArtyQuell
A quick shout out to English Lit. lads and ladies: any news as of yet? Checking my emails every two seconds isn't a very pleasing activity as the novelty wore off after the first minute... :wink:

same! havent heard of any rejections or invitations... think we've still got a while to wait. what college have you applied to??
Original post by politicalmind

Well you'd need to be good enough on paper to get an interview in the first place. But regarding how important it is, it depends on whether the subject has an entrance test or not. I spoke to the Corpus biochemistry tutor and he said that if you have an entrance test, like in medicine, then the interview isn't really that important as tutors will pretty much already know who they'd like to take so it's just a way of confirming or changing their minds. However, if it doesn't have a test, like in biochemistry, then it's really quite important as it's the only chance they have to see your actual ability.
Original post by Agax2468
I'm also applying to Merton, and if I remember correctly the email for it said that interview invitations for Merton wouldn't come out before November 23rd, so both of us have six days (at the least) before we know whether we got interviews.

Oh! I mustn't have read it through properly. Thank you for letting me know :smile:
What subject are you applying for?
Got a rejection from Christ Church for Law. Is it worth a try to email them and ask them to reconsider me?
Original post by hannahrfw
same! havent heard of any rejections or invitations... think we've still got a while to wait. what college have you applied to??

I made an open application (as I thought I would let serendipity chance her arm) and was given St Edmund Hall which I am soo happy with! You?

Latest

Trending

Trending