The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

To everyone who's posted that they've received an interview or rejection in the last hour or so, have you received them now or a few hours ago? Just wondering because I always thought that they would only send emails in typical working hours so to speak but maybe not
Original post by Christina Chan
Got a rejection from Christ Church for Law. Is it worth a try to email them and ask them to reconsider me?

They won't change their mind and I don't advise you to do so. You can ask for feedback as to why you got rejected, but not to be reconsidered.
Yo whAt
Original post by Lainathiel
A* for applying to Jesus College for theology. :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am all about that irony :wink:
Original post by clare_97
Yay! Someone doing the same course as me! I haven't heard either. Which course have you applied to?

Hi!! "course"? I think you mean college - but I've applied to Christ Church :smile: How did you think the MLAT went?
Thank you! I am looking to see if there's anywhere I can request a reason. Just got the typical 'so many applicants, unfortunately you were not shortlisted' email.

How're you applications coming along?
Original post by Saga1997
Hi!! "course"? I think you mean college - but I've applied to Christ Church :smile: How did you think the MLAT went?

Yeah, I did mean 'college' 😂. I went for St. John's. I think the French part was reasonable but the language aptitude really not! I'm encouraged by the high percentage of MFL applicants who get interviews though. Fingers crossed! What about you?
Original post by dandlessss
Thank you! I am looking to see if there's anywhere I can request a reason. Just got the typical 'so many applicants, unfortunately you were not shortlisted' email.

How're you applications coming along?

You can request in Jan I believe .
Original post by magic_is_might
ughhh it's so frustrating! a couple people from my school have had interview offers from Cambridge already and one person got a rejection from Oxford as well

yeah quite a few in my school have had Cambridge interviews! and noo not a rejection :frown:
Original post by thehollowcrown
yeah quite a few in my school have had Cambridge interviews! and noo not a rejection :frown:

I have two friends at college who have been offered interviews at Cambridge, one of whom is an English Lit. lad which makes waiting for a reply from Oxford even more of a bittersweet torture!
Original post by ard1246
Got an interview at Queen's College for Law!

Got an Interview at Brasenose for Law! International student here (:
Original post by thehollowcrown

80% of people get an interview at Cambridge. Getting an interview at Cambridge can be pretty much seen as a confirmation that your application was complete :P Since some people choose to withdraw.

Getting an interview at Cambridge is not indicative of your chance of acceptance as an interview at Oxford. And usually more important decisions take longer to make, and thus the wait.
(edited 8 years ago)
Has anyone received skype interview offers yet or will those be coming out later?
Got an interview for Law at Christ Church!!
Original post by seasoning
Has anyone received skype interview offers yet or will those be coming out later?

I don't think there's a separate process for skype interviews. If you are international you can either choose to skype or fly over, from what I know.
Original post by ForeignStudent32
80% of people get an interview at Cambridge. Getting an interview at Cambridge can be pretty much seen as a confirmation that your application was complete :P Since some people choose to withdraw.

Getting an interview at Cambridge is not indicative of your chance of acceptance as an interview at Oxford. And usually more important decisions take longer to make, and thus the wait.

No, we just had better ums. Since we are all better they need to interview more of us.

Banter

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jordan\
:yes:

I feel a little cruel:

Perhaps Cambridge's admissions system goes to every extent to ensure that the truly talented and suited to the university are picked? By meeting them face to face, finding out more about them as a person, and most importantly, whether they're teachable?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by enaayrah
I feel a little cruel:

Perhaps Cambridge's admissions systems goes to every extent to ensure that the truly talented and suited to the university are picked? By meeting them face to face, finding out more about them as a person, and most importantly, whether they're teachable?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I like the fact that so many are interviewed for Cambridge. It gives you the experience and a real go at it. Besides, you are only called to interview if you have a realistic chance of securing a place, so it's pretty cool to get one.

Perhaps that's because the calibre of students applying for Cambridge is higher than that for Oxford, necessitating higher interview rates. :wink:

Are you quoting yourself or a published statistic?

Latest

Trending

Trending