The Student Room Group

Hey all

Hey everyone, I have recently started my a-levels and I'm really enjoying them except biology... It's a new spec and it's really hard.. Nothing like I thought! Not only hard it is so boring... I was just wondering if anyone had any tips to make it a tad more interesting or even a way to help me enjoy it so I can remember it for my exams
Reply 1
Original post by robzpotter
Hey everyone, I have recently started my a-levels and I'm really enjoying them except biology... It's a new spec and it's really hard.. Nothing like I thought! Not only hard it is so boring... I was just wondering if anyone had any tips to make it a tad more interesting or even a way to help me enjoy it so I can remember it for my exams

What exam board are you on and what topics are you studying (the ones you're finding boring/difficult etc.)? :fluffy:
Reply 2
Original post by Neuth
What exam board are you on and what topics are you studying (the ones you're finding boring/difficult etc.)? :fluffy:

I am with edexcel and the topic we are doing right now cells and viruses, including stuff like the sturture of cells, what different viruses do how to treat them, and honestly the only thing I don't no find boring is the sexual and asexaul reproduction because It really interests me how things like that work
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3
I am with edexcel and the topic we are doing right now cells and viruses, including stuff like the sturture of cells, what different viruses do how to treat them, and honestly the only thing I don't no find boring is the sexual and asexaul reproduction because It really interests me how things like that work

I'm on Edexcel for A2 Bio, so let me know if you ever need any help (the spec is only a little bit different) :fluffy:
Reply 4
Original post by Neuth
I'm on Edexcel for A2 Bio, so let me know if you ever need any help (the spec is only a little bit different) :fluffy:

Thanks you! Have you got any simple ways on how to remember the cell structure Of cells?
Reply 5
Thanks you! Have you got any simple ways on how to remember the cell structure Of cells?

Try printing out blank diagrams and annotating them - see what you get right, or what you miss out... Also put on the functions of cell parts.

Things like this:

(There's an annotated version of that if you need it... - I'm not sure if you have access to SNAB online or if it's even in your textbook...)
Reply 6
Original post by Neuth
Try printing out blank diagrams and annotating them - see what you get right, or what you miss out... Also put on the functions of cell parts.

Things like this:

(There's an annotated version of that if you need it... - I'm not sure if you have access to SNAB online or if it's even in your textbook...)

Thank you so much! Just looking at it I can tell you the names of most of them but I just can't remember what most of them do 😂
Reply 7
Thank you so much! Just looking at it I can tell you the names of most of them but I just can't remember what most of them do 😂

This will help you then...

:fluffy:
From what I've read literally no one likes the new biology courses, so I don't envy you, but I'm sure you'll be fine. I'm in A2 at the moment, and going on what we're learning at A2 I'm finding it much more interesting than last year, nervous system etc. So hopefully you'll find things more interesting in later modules :biggrin: You've already been given good advice on this thread, but just try and figure out which revision techniques work for you :smile: Good luck!
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending