But you are not from Cambridge.

He will be.
Original post by ForeignStudent32

He is a Cambridge applicant...

Edit: As above.
Maybe he had a bad day.

I do admit i think on any other day i probably would have got a 1 but I did not. I still think oxford should bring back there step papers that they used to do, they were brilliant.
I missed my offer by a long way though in step III, so maybe i was not good enough at the time. Although I am certain I will achieve a certain notorious grade this time round....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I mean applicants ofcourse. This is mild fun btw. I honestly think people who get 80-90 in Mat in yr 12 are good enough to get cambridge offers but meeting them is probably a different story as its not just about skill its about exam practice and speed and skill over 2 papers which have a breadth of topics.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths
I do admit i think on any other day i probably would have got a 1 but I did not. I still think oxford should bring back there step papers that they used to do, they were brilliant.
I missed my offer by a long way though in step III, so maybe i was not good enough at the time. Although I am certain I will achieve a certain notorious grade this time round....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which proves my point. People who get 90+ MAT should be able to get 1s on STEP unless having a bad day. And vice versa. Just because STEP is harder does not mean it is harder to get in Cambridge, since you need a higher mark on MAT to get in Oxford.

Physicsmath typed it before I did.
Original post by ArtyQuell
I made an open application (as I thought I would let serendipity chance her arm) and was given St Edmund Hall which I am soo happy with! You?

Ahh cool :smile: applied for classics and english at brasenose (didn't realise how popular it was so now slightly regretting it!)
Original post by hannahrfw
Ahh cool :smile: applied for classics and english at brasenose (didn't realise how popular it was so now slightly regretting it!)

But look on the bright side; if you do get an interview/offer from Brasenose in such a busy year then what an achievement that would be! :smile:
Which proves my point. People who get 90+ MAT should be able to get 1s on STEP unless having a bad day. And vice versa. Just because STEP is harder does not mean it is harder to get in Cambridge, since you need a higher mark on MAT to get in Oxford.

Physicsmath typed it before I did.

The implication does not work both ways imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
The implication does not work both ways imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

However, you get a whole year more to prep for STEP. And people would prep harder for STEP since it is the last hurdle. while MAT is not the last hurdle, and there is still the interview. Unless you blow the MAT up with your score.
But look on the bright side; if you do get an interview/offer from Brasenose in such a busy year then what an achievement that would be! :smile:

The applicant will be allocated if there are too much applicants.
However, you get a whole year more to prep for STEP. And people would prep harder for STEP since it is the last hurdle. while MAT is not the last hurdle, and there is still the interview. Unless you blow the MAT up with your score.

And even then 50% fail to hit the STEP requirement - despite working flat out on it for months. STEP is tough...
The applicant will be allocated if there are too much applicants.

That is true, but the statement of possible achievement still stands. :smile:
Original post by jneill
And even then 50% fail to hit the STEP requirement - despite working flat out on it for months. STEP is tough...

What is the percentage of people getting conditional STEP offer?
That is true, but the statement of possible achievement still stands. :smile:

Yeah, but the applicant doesnt need to be so worried.
Haha, this is kinda sad guys. Does arguing about which of Cambridge/Oxford is better really matter?
Original post by thechemistress
Haha, this is kinda sad guys. Does arguing about which of Cambridge/Oxford is better really matter?

Yh what else we gona do whilst waiting for interview replies lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yh what else we gona do whilst waiting for interview replies lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol, you are going to get interviewd. You got interviewd last year already.
What is the percentage of people getting conditional STEP offer?

Approx 500/1300 offers, 250 ish places Only 160 ish meet the offer of (1,1) the rest are let in on near misses.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Approx 500/1300 offers, 250 ish places Only 160 ish meet the offer of (1,1) the rest are let in on near misses.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They offer about 1 in every 2 interviewed?
They offer about 1 in every 2 interviewed?

No..... Maths mostly everyone will get interviews. >80% closer to 90(due to confidence in step).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending