The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lifeisawesomex
Does anyone of you know when will LSE and KCL begin sending out offers (LLB law)? :smile:

LSE potentially this Friday
Original post by lifeisawesomex
Does anyone of you know when will LSE and KCL begin sending out offers (LLB law)? :smile:

KCL have sent some already
Reply 302
Original post by kirblaw3
Thank you for that! That's what I was thinking too :smile: well done!! Where else did you apply and have you had any other offers?

I also applied for Newcastle, Manchester and Bristol! Got an AAA offer from Newcastle, waiting for Manc and Bristol now, you?
My gcses are 1A*, 7A's and 1 B
AS: AAAB
My offers:
Birmingham (unconditional)
Leicester (unconditional)

Oxfords given me an interview.
KCL has said f all
Warwick has said f all
What college at Oxford? Well done!
Original post by vbreak2
My offers:

KCL has said f all
Warwick has said f all

Reply 306
Do the unis send rejection emails if they aren't planning to give you an offer?
Original post by JodieHarriett18

cheers g, college is st catherines
Original post by vbreak2
My offers:

KCL has said f all
Warwick has said f all

What do you mean by f all, were you rejected
Original post by Praveen101
What do you mean by f all, were you rejected

No, I mean **** all, they haven't said anything
Original post by vbreak2
No, I mean **** all, they haven't said anything

What were your AS subjects
Original post by Praveen101
What were your AS subjects

Eng Lang - A
History - A
Politics- A
Maths - B
Reply 312
Original post by LoveToArgue
LSE potentially this Friday

How do you know this?
Original post by iomellie123
Hey

I'm taking a Gap Year at the moment, working in a CSP for experience that I used in my PS. I've applied for two courses at KCL (PPL and Law), two at UCL (Law with Hispanic Law and Law) and straight Law at LSE - haven't heard anything back from them yet, and sent my app in early October?

Sat the LNAT yesterday - thought the MCQ was okay, not totally thrilled with the essay though :/
Sat a mix of GCSES/IGCSES (10 A*s, 1A) and did the IB (41 points, but waiting for my EE resit to come through in January).

Also applied the New College of Humanities for Law - they've given me an offer, and a scholarship incentive to attend, so I'm just waiting for the others to come back!!

Hey, Im on a gap year too, how much time did you take to prepare for the LNAT?
Hi! :smile:

I guess I was pretty lucky!
GCSE: 7A* 5A
AS: AAABB
A2: A*A*A*AA (Maths, Drama, Music, English Lit, already got A* in Gen Studies)

Applying for Law at LSE, QMUL, UEA, York and Warwick.

Applied 10th November
QMUL Conditional Received 11th November
UEA Unconditional Received 11th November
York Interview Offer Received 13th November (for 10th Feb)

I haven't heard anything back from Warwick yet, but LSE sent me the two week email on 16th November so I'm patiently waiting for that.

It's been great to get offers quite early, it takes a lot of pressure off. So good luck to everyone else, I hope any remaining offers arrive soon! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by JamesClack12

Applied 10th November

I haven't heard anything back from Warwick yet, but LSE sent me the two week email on 16th November so I'm patiently waiting for that.

It's been great to get offers quite early, it takes a lot of pressure off. So good luck to everyone else, I hope any remaining offers arrive soon! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Well Done! :smile: QMUL still hasn't told me, even though I applied in mid october D:
Original post by Ruby17
Hey, Im on a gap year too, how much time did you take to prepare for the LNAT?

Hey :smile:

Not going to lie, probably not as much time as I should have done, but I've been working 70 hour weeks, so that's not really surprising.

I looked over the tests a few times (didn't do any full practice tests) and just tried to familiarise myself with the style of question that they asked. Felt like a lot of it was common sense and a really good grasp of English :')

Found that the essays were very similar to the sort that I was writing every day almost for IB History and English - the style of question and phrasing was pretty much spot on for an IB essay, so I just looked at some essays I'd already done. Probably all in all spent maybe 3/4 hours on it?
Original post by Jeans78
How do you know this?

because offers tend to come out on a friday en masse, and there haven't been many law offers yet, so I've guesstimated tomorrow
Original post by JamesClack12

Applied 10th November

hahaha we applied on the same day! let me know when LSE replies. Congrats on your offers :smile:
It seems it was Warwick's day today as i've had a few friends who also got offers - albeit for different courses.

Got an offer for 38 IB points with no HL subject requirement.

QMUL was the first offer i received but now still waiting on KCL and LSE (...and Bristol)

Although i'm aiming for London, pretty happy

Latest

Trending

Trending