The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Use Err Name
Him over Rambo anyday.

Ramsey's a wasted player on the right. People always say he combines nicely with Bellerin but it's still ridiculously unbalanced to have that right flank so open when Rambo drifts in.

Otherwise Ox isn't performing, Walcott needs to be saved as an upfront alternative, and Campbell isn't Arsenal standard.

Welbeck also isn't Arsenal standard.
Him over Rambo anyday.

it's still ridiculously unbalanced to have that right flank so open when Rambo drifts in.

Only on paper. In reality, Bellerin-Ramsey haven't caused any problems down the right flank.

Otherwise Ox isn't performing, Walcott needs to be saved as an upfront alternative, and Campbell isn't Arsenal standard.

I reckon Walcott should start up front.

The attack (Sanchez in particular) is more dangerous with a mobile and interchanging striker in front of them. Giroud should definitely get games, though.
Original post by e aí rapaz

Bet you said that when he got his hattrick.

He may not be one of the best wingers we've had, but he's our best option on the right at least for the rest of the season. I reckon he could continue there for us for a beyond anyway as long as he stays fit.
Bet you said that when he got his hattrick.

He may not be one of the best wingers we've had, but he's our best option on the right at least for the rest of the season. I reckon he could continue there for us for a beyond anyway as long as he stays fit.

I've said from the moment we signed him that he's not good enough for us. That's hardly a revelation, 90% of Arsenal fans said (and still say) the same thing.
Original post by dairychocolate
Only on paper. In reality, Bellerin-Ramsey haven't caused any problems down the right flank.

I reckon Walcott should start up front.

The attack (Sanchez in particular) is more dangerous with a mobile and interchanging striker in front of them. Giroud should definitely get games, though.

We never have real width when they play. Relying on Bellerin to make up is just asking to beat on the counter. He's great but there's no way he can consistently manage to both attack and defend against better teams.
We never have real width when they play. Relying on Bellerin to make up is just asking to beat on the counter. He's great but there's no way he can consistently manage to both attack and defend against better teams.

But you're not giving any real examples of how they have hampered our ability to score or defend.

The point of width is to help you score, but we haven't had any problems scoring.

Bellerin-Ramsey has worked well against Liverpool, Bayern, Utd etc.
Original post by dairychocolate
But you're not giving any real examples of how they have hampered our ability to score or defend.

The point of width is to help you score, but we haven't had any problems scoring.

Bellerin-Ramsey has worked well against Liverpool, Bayern, Utd etc.

Because I can't think of any :tongue:

We'll see when they're both back. If anything I'd rather Rambo starting than Campbell
Thank God the international breaks are done till March.
Because I can't think of any :tongue:

We'll see when they're both back. If anything I'd rather Rambo starting than Campbell

Oh yeah, I'd rather not have Campbell starting.

I think we just need a consistent run with our starting 11 and we'll be right up there. The problem we have is that we struggle to keep our best 11 fit.
Aubameyang is priced at 42m. Wenger should pay the money to get him imo
[video="youtube;lpIRTfSLWI8"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpIRTfSLWI8[/video]

Top qualitee banter.
Original post by e aí rapaz

He'll be sold in the summer to someone like West Ham or Everton
FFS Welbeck is a beast RW.

Pace AND Power and stamina and workrate in abundance.

He is the perfect player to play RW in our current formation like Ramsey was.

the atypical Welbeck performance is the assist vs Spurs where he absolutely violated Danny Rose, demonstrating pace and power.

He has scored vs Real Madrid too. Alexis aside, which of our players can you ever see scoring vs Real Madrid and not bottling it.
Original post by swirly
FFS Welbeck is a beast RW.

Pace AND Power and stamina and workrate in abundance.

He is the perfect player to play RW in our current formation like Ramsey was.

the atypical Welbeck performance is the assist vs Spurs where he absolutely violated Danny Rose, demonstrating pace and power.

He has scored vs Real Madrid too. Alexis aside, which of our players can you ever see scoring vs Real Madrid and not bottling it.

Giroud, Ozil, Ramsey, Cazorla, Walcott.
Idris Elba: 'Arsenal are the only team in London.'

Lol.
Yeah, I know it's just the usual transfer horse****, however:

Barcelona target Nolito drops huge hint he could be joining Arsenal on Instagram
http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/barcelona-target-nolito-drops-huge-hint-he-could-be-joining-arsenal-on-instagram/

I wouldn't be opposed to us getting another wide player. It would be interesting to see how Wenger would manage Ramsey and Welbeck's games if this bloke came in.
(edited 8 years ago)
Ozil is so ****ing HAM.

Always knew he is our top boy.
Original post by Arkasia
Giroud, Ozil, Ramsey, Cazorla, Walcott.

bottler, bottler, plausible but improbable, possible set piece, possible but dont see it
No surprises. Injury FC's treatment room ain't losing members at this rate.
Original post by swirly
bottler, bottler, plausible but improbable, possible set piece, possible but dont see it

Giroud's probably scored against more big teams than most of the other players in Europe. Scored twice against Bayern this year, Everton, Swansea, Leicester (we're counting them due to current form), last season scored against Man City twice, Everton twice, Man Utd, Liverpool twice, and Monaco. Season before he scored against Fenerbahce, Tottenham, Napoli, Dortmund, Everton twice. This myth of him being a bottler is because of one or two atrocious games like our loss against Monaco.

Ozil is a bit of a bottler, but you just know he'd pull one out against his old club. Ramsey would miss a few sitters but get one in the end, agree Cazorla would score a set piece or rebound, Walcott would get some rebound/tap-in/scuffed shot on the counter.
(edited 8 years ago)

Latest