The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LilithSternin
Thanks! It's for Newcastle GEM :smile:

Nice. I wish you best luck for interview.
:smile:
Original post by Clunkles
Newcastle interview, 747.5 UKCAT. Two interview offers in two days, can barely cope!

Congratulations! :biggrin:
Original post by LilithSternin
Congratulations! :biggrin:

Cheers, I'm over the moon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Newcastle interview, 747.5 UKCAT. Two interview offers in two days, can barely cope!

Can I ask about your credentials?
Also gratz
Does anyone know when the Barts and Kings invites went out last year? (I'm too lazy to trawl through last years threads)
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
Can I ask about your credentials?
Also gratz

Predicted 1st in Physiology and Pharmacology, volunteering in an HIV clinic and in a hospital for ~3-4 months, week of shadowing.
Also at uni, Labour society chair (span this into "I can talk to people even when they're in their dressing gown and hate me") and university challenge captain.
Oh and an A* in a level chemistry, but I'm not sure if that's taken into account.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Predicted 1st in Physiology and Pharmacology, volunteering in an HIV clinic and in a hospital for ~3-4 months, week of shadowing.
Also at uni, Labour society chair (span this into "I can talk to people even when they're in their dressing gown and hate me") and university challenge captain.
Oh and an A* in a level chemistry, but I'm not sure if that's taken into account.

Posted from TSR Mobile

UC Captain, that's pretty cool! Must be fairly bright then.
Any advice for a 2016 applicant for 2017 entrance?
UC Captain, that's pretty cool! Must be fairly bright then.
Any advice for a 2016 applicant for 2017 entrance?

Hahaha, either that or I just know more than is right or proper about romantic poets. Advice is to smash the admissions tests, they're the thing that gets you in the interview room. Once you're in there, you've got so much more control about how the admissions team see you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hahaha, either that or I just know more than is right or proper about romantic poets. Advice is to smash the admissions tests, they're the thing that gets you in the interview room. Once you're in there, you've got so much more control about how the admissions team see you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, any advice of that then?
Woo, congrats everyone with interviews at newcastle! I hope thry dont keep everyone else waiting too long.
Interview at Newcastle with 732.5 !!! Booked for 24th Feb. Do you think Soton will send any more interviews?
Haha, any advice of that then?

Practice, a lot! Treat it like you would treat an exam at uni, proper revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Practice, a lot! Treat it like you would treat an exam at uni, proper revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Which books did you use just out of interest?

Medify, Kaplan and the 600Q book seem to be the most popular resources for the UKCAT
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by HanaGEM
Ive just recieved an invite to interview at Newcastle :biggrin:

Is this for the graduate course or undergraduate?
I've got one at Soton too, 747.5 UKCAT.

Is this for the graduate or undergraduate course?
Original post by michellem3
Is this for the graduate or undergraduate course?

The thread is for graduate medical courses, so I would assume graduate.
Original post by RWRC2421
Well done all!!
Guessing all you guys are graduate for southampton? wonder when they give out interviews for graduates applying for BM5?

This is what I would also like to know :/
Original post by sampowell92
Medify, Kaplan and the 600Q book seem to be the most popular resources for the UKCAT

Thanks!
Where is your top choice?

I just used 600Q, but its not everyone's cup of tea, plus I think that decision analysis is changing, so it'll be out of date on two sections now...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending