The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

So do I really have to put my AS (First year) grades on there even though I didn't continue on the second year and left the Sixth form to do a course?
Reply 221
I Just need confirmation; all AS levels should be declared as GCE Advanced Subsidiary(s), all my A-Levels should be declared as GCE Advanced Level(s) and the A-levels I'm retaking should be entered for a second time as GCE Advanced Level(s) that are pending.
Original post by Themilkinator
So do I really have to put my AS (First year) grades on there even though I didn't continue on the second year and left the Sixth form to do a course?

Yes you do
Original post by Ketz31
I Just need confirmation; all AS levels should be declared as GCE Advanced Subsidiary(s), all my A-Levels should be declared as GCE Advanced Level(s) and the A-levels I'm retaking should be entered for a second time as GCE Advanced Level(s) that are pending.

See the screen shots in the second post of this thread
Can someone please help, I am retaking all three of my A levels. I put down the grades i have already received then should i do a separate section for the A levels that are pending?
Original post by thebearissquare
Can someone please help, I am retaking all three of my A levels. I put down the grades i have already received then should i do a separate section for the A levels that are pending?

Please take the time and trouble to read the first two posts of this thread, which will tell you the answer to this often asked question.

Hi, I'm not so sure if I have done this entirely correctly- I would appreciate if some of you could check what I have done here just for some reassurance.

I'm retaking my C2 Mathematics paper, although I have dropped Maths now.
I'm retaking 'Aspects of Narrative' for AS, so I have left it as 'pending' for 08/2016, however would I also put this as 'pending' under GCE Advanced Level for 08/2016 as well?

Thanks in advance! :tongue:
Reply 226
Do i have to declare all GCSE grades subjects even though it from secondary school days which was six years ago on UCAS application website?

i didn't even passed not one GCSE Subject.
Original post by venz_93
Do i have to declare all GCSE grades subjects even though it from secondary school days which was six years ago on UCAS application website?

i didn't even passed not one GCSE Subject.

Yes. The dates will be clear.
Reply 228
Original post by PQ
Yes. The dates will be clear.

i understand what you are saying but i had to start all over again at college. The GCSE grades didn't really helped no way or form. it was years they don't really have all much relevant today.
Original post by venz_93
i understand what you are saying but i had to start all over again at college. The GCSE grades didn't really helped no way or form. it was years they don't really have all much relevant today.

The point is it is for your universities to decide what is relevant - you put everything in as requested.

They'll almost certainly agree that those old grades aren't relevant but they get to make that decision not you.
when entering gcse grades into ucas it has a drop down, i did triple science and added "single award" as core science and "additional science" for additional but for further additional there isn't anything i can use. theres an option that says additional science (applied) which i think might be the triple science one but im not sure. theres also load of other science options but none look like they mean triple science, anyone have any idea?
Reply 231
Hey , hmm , i got a main problem . I wanna ask is there any disadvantage for those who take 3 subject in A level compare to 4 subject ? Will the top university like Oxbridge UCL and imperial prefer 4 subject or 3 subject ?
Hi. My teacher at college who is in charge of our ucas applications told us today that we should 'leave off' bad AS and GCSE grades. He said we shouldn't be including anything that is not going to 'sell' us to the universities. He said he will be reviewing our applications before they get sent and will take off bad grades. This scared me as I have read the posts on TSR about how serious it is. I don't think he is encouraging us to lie, I think perhaps he is not aware of the rule. What should I do? Is there something on ucas that I can show him?
Original post by Ellismall
Hi. My teacher at college who is in charge of our ucas applications told us today that we should 'leave off' bad AS and GCSE grades. He said we shouldn't be including anything that is not going to 'sell' us to the universities. He said he will be reviewing our applications before they get sent and will take off bad grades. This scared me as I have read the posts on TSR about how serious it is. I don't think he is encouraging us to lie, I think perhaps he is not aware of the rule. What should I do? Is there something on ucas that I can show him?

The first post on this thread has links to 2 UCAS pages explaining the rules.
Original post by PQ
The first post on this thread has links to 2 UCAS pages explaining the rules.

Oh right...I can't see them I'm afraid. I thought there may be links to ucas so I did check very carefully but all I can see are links to two other TSR threads and an email for ucas.
Original post by Ellismall

See post 204 on this thread (page 11)
Original post by Holmstock
See post 204 on this thread (page 11)

Thank you!
I've just sent in my application 2 days ago, and I have just realised I have put in my predicted grades instead of my actual AS grades I got this year :s

I take health and social double award, and I got BC but I accidentally put down a BB which is my predicted grades :s

Everything else was correct, just this one grade! What do I do? Its a Saturday, and I have just called UCAS and they are closed! I don't think I can wait till Monday, I just want to change this ASAP because I am really scared and panicking
Hi guys so ive current finish my alevels, my grades werent amazing so i'm reapply this year again along with resits. As my AS grades were good i resat a couple exams and my AS grades changed dramatically in 2015 so i was not sure as to what year to put down my as qualifications of ucas should it be 2014 as that was the year i did my first as exams however some of my as resit exams were in 2015 so should it be 2015 or 2014? Please help as i need to send of application asap thank you
Original post by mic_3_3
Hi guys so ive current finish my alevels, my grades werent amazing so i'm reapply this year again along with resits. As my AS grades were good i resat a couple exams and my AS grades changed dramatically in 2015 so i was not sure as to what year to put down my as qualifications of ucas should it be 2014 as that was the year i did my first as exams however some of my as resit exams were in 2015 so should it be 2015 or 2014? Please help as i need to send of application asap thank you

If you read posts one and two of this thread, it is all explained.

Latest

Trending

Trending