The Student Room Group

The FIFA Thread

Scroll to see replies

Me and @difeo had a few quality games after everybody left.
Got myself 5 goals in 2 games so i'm catching you @Dirtybit :wink:

Lúcio = 119 goals/assists in 111 apps
Dirtybit = 135 goals/assists in 112 apps

So all i gotta do is score 17 goals in my next game and i'm beating you :biggrin:

Not gonna lie, our stats are at Messi levels :colone:
Reply 781
Original post by Lúcio
Me and @difeo had a few quality games after everybody left.
Got myself 5 goals in 2 games so i'm catching you @Dirtybit :wink:

Lúcio = 119 goals/assists in 111 apps
Dirtybit = 135 goals/assists in 112 apps

So all i gotta do is score 17 goals in my next game and i'm beating you :biggrin:

Not gonna lie, our stats are at Messi levels :colone:

lol'd

Messi would have about 155 goals and assists. Since 2009 he's got 459 goals/assists in 331 app which is incredible.

Your more Suarez and I'm Ronaldo
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Dirtybit
lol'd

Messi would have about 160 goals and assists. Since 2009 he's got 459 goals/assists in 331 app which is incredible.

Your more Suarez and I'm Ronaldo

True - i can't believe some people try to argue against him being the best footballer in history...

Haha yeah that's a good comparison.
One is better than the other but neither are to be taken lightly :tongue:
As long as we're involved in the games, something's gonna happen amirite :cool:

Last night was mental though. We had bloody 7 people on at once!
We ran out of freaking attacking positions so good old Lúcio took one for the team and went CB.
Instantly conceded a penalty...

Spoiler

7 was way too many people, I dunno about you guys but it felt like we were getting in the way of each other.
Original post by The.Joker
7 was way too many people, I dunno about you guys but it felt like we were getting in the way of each other.

Doesn't matter really, we're only on for a laugh. Course winning and playing well is nice but if there's 7 people on, 7 people it is!
Original post by zKlown
Doesn't matter really, we're only on for a laugh. Course winning and playing well is nice but if there's 7 people on, 7 people it is!

Don't tell me it's the participation that counts! :tongue:

Anyways, I'm really ****. I can't defend and I can't attack. :lol:

@The.Joker describes her first sexual experience
Don't tell me it's the participation that counts! :tongue:

Anyways, I'm really ****. I can't defend and I can't attack. :lol:

Normally in sports I think the whole taking part argument is BS yeah.

But this is a video game...

You aren't as bad as you think you are :smile:
It isn't a proper representation when you have so many people.
It happens with us all - I find myself hindered with a second striker but improved with wide players.

Dirtybit/Difeo were right in saying that 4 is the magic number. Has enough players for the creativity but not too many that it's crowded.

Pretty sure the next game we play is a must win by the way :biggrin:
Reply 789
FFS just waiting to get my PS4 back then I'll be straight on FIFA
Original post by AR_95
FFS just waiting to get my PS4 back then I'll be straight on FIFA

Das it mane

Amazing how many people we've gotten to regularly play clubs in such a short time! Could do with a few more defensive players but at the same time it's fair enough that most people aren't bothered with such an attack-focuses game.

It's rare we'll have 7 people again though. Clearly we all have boring Wednesday evenings :wink:
I normally don't like coming on in the evenings as I have work the next day and I like to go running most nights. However, I'm off this week lads (and lasses ofc) so you're stuck with my clumsy runs from deep.

I have changed my player to a CDM now though and aim to just be a shorter passer of the ball, rather than running through the middle looking for a pass.

#Serious #ssnqsanchez
Original post by zKlown
I normally don't like coming on in the evenings as I have work the next day and I like to go running most nights. However, I'm off this week lads (and lasses ofc) so you're stuck with my clumsy runs from deep.

I have changed my player to a CDM now though and aim to just be a shorter passer of the ball, rather than running through the middle looking for a pass.

#Serious #ssnqsanchez

Oh yay. We're doomed :/

Yeah, OVR really doesn't matter and if you're gonna play CDM you're better off having improved defensive stats to go with it.

You may not like it either but I would seriously advise making your pro 6ft or taller.
Putting it in perspective, Matic and Busquets are two of the best in the game and they're both over 6'2 :smile:

Basically being taller and stronger means that you'll be a significantly better defensive player but you'll also be an aerial threat too.
Original post by Lúcio
Oh yay. We're doomed :/

Yeah, OVR really doesn't matter and if you're gonna play CDM you're better off having improved defensive stats to go with it.

You may not like it either but I would seriously advise making your pro 6ft or taller.
Putting it in perspective, Matic and Busquets are two of the best in the game and they're both over 6'2 :smile:

Basically being taller and stronger means that you'll be a significantly better defensive player but you'll also be an aerial threat too.

I might do, I based my pro on what I look like though and I'm 5'9 :frown:

Ironically, I tend to play like my pro too!
Original post by zKlown
I might do, I based my pro on what I look like though and I'm 5'9 :frown:

Ironically, I tend to play like my pro too!

lol manlet :wink:

yeah i'm the same - my pro looks very similar to me but he's slightly taller just for gameplay purposes.
i think that simply because (with the exception of me) everybody in our team is pretty small, having a tall CDM would be very beneficial for us.
You'd lose a little agility but your passing stats would still be top notch. In your position i wouldn't expect you'd need to be as agile as a CAM anyway so i don't think that's an issue.
Worth trying out at least? :smile:
Can't go on too late tonight - got my starting day tomorrow so i'll be off to bed at 11pm sharp :biggrin:
Try around 10ish.
@Dirtybit
@difeo
@SA-1
@Rk2k14
@FFTypoCorrector
@zKlown
@The.Joker

Anyone on tonight?
I have until about 10:30pm at the latest :smile:
Original post by Lúcio
@Dirtybit
@difeo
@SA-1
@Rk2k14
@FFTypoCorrector
@zKlown
@The.Joker

Anyone on tonight?
I have until about 10:44pm at the latest :smile:

That'll do. :wink:
Probably be on at some point, just got in so I need a shower then food.

Maybe 8/9ish

Quick Reply

Latest