The Student Room Group

2016 Nursing Applicants!

Scroll to see replies

hi guys!! need some help???

had an interview for edge hill, and apparently you needed 100% on the maths test :frown:

anyone know what you need for the chester or uclan maths tests?? i'm panicking!
Original post by abzm
oh at least im not alone. I haven't heard a thing and was starting to worry. where else have you applied for?

I emailed like 2 weeks ago and they said I'd hear ina few weeks :smile: Had an interview for Teesside and waiting on York, Hull, Leeds and Northumbria. You?
Original post by megclohessy

had an interview for edge hill, and apparently you needed 100% on the maths test :frown:

Hi, I have an interview at edge hill on 1st December, feeling quite nervous about it, sorry this doesn't answer your question but what was the interview like? could you give me any advice? :smile:
Original post by megclohessy

I have an interview for edge hill next Thursday! Nervous about the maths test now
Original post by hanna_h
Anyone heard from Cumbria yet? I've heard from all my other choices but not Cumbria 😁😁

I've applied for Cumbria as well and not heard anything back. I did go to an open day and at the nursing talk I went to they said they start interviews in January so it's completely normal we haven't heard from them yet.
For the people asking about Edge Hill I had my interview there today and it was completely fine. The interviewers make you feel at ease :smile: The literacy and numeracy test was fairly standard, nothing too difficult, and you could use a calculator for the numeracy test which is always a help :biggrin:
Original post by abzm
is anyone applying to Northumbria, if so have you heard anything yet?

Yeah I got an interview for next week
Has anyone who applied to Edge hill university for nursing heard anything back after an interview? I had my interview on the 10th of November and was just wondering when I should expect to hear back?? As we weren't told
Original post by bethey180
Has anyone who applied to Edge hill university for nursing heard anything back after an interview? I had my interview on the 10th of November and was just wondering when I should expect to hear back?? As we weren't told

I've got my interview for there next week but it says in the interview information that it could take months before you get a decision so they can do all the interviews first x
Original post by bethey180

My interviewers said to me that a decision would be made within two weeks after interview.
Original post by rachmhn2015
My interviewers said to me that a decision would be made within two weeks after interview.

Which branch of nursing are you applying for?
Original post by katienursing2015
Which branch of nursing are you applying for?

Mental Health :smile:
Reply 852
Original post by emmawebb
Oh really. Thats class! I sent my application off last night because I wanted my personal statement to be 100% and comoressing it was hard work trying not to leave anything important out. All i have got is a reconigtion email feom chester that have have recieved my ucas. I'm gettint so impiatent I aoend my time on here checking up how fast others are recieving interviews lol

I know I was so shocked at how quick they responded! I spent ages on my UCAS as well, there was so much I wanted to put in but now I'm scared that I focused too much on my work experience :frown:
I've only received recognition for sending in UCAS from Derby and Chester, then the interview from Wolverhampton, apparantly keele is really hard to get in to?
Original post by Sezena
Does anyone know how Chester, North Hampton, Derby and Keele contact you?
Wolverhampton emails me an interview but I don't know if that's ordinary or if it should be done by phone/UCAS/letter?

Chester contact you by post and Keele do it through an email and UCAS track😊 x
Original post by Sezena
I know I was so shocked at how quick they responded! I spent ages on my UCAS as well, there was so much I wanted to put in but now I'm scared that I focused too much on my work experience :frown:
I've only received recognition for sending in UCAS from Derby and Chester, then the interview from Wolverhampton, apparantly keele is really hard to get in to?

Oh it's so hard to cut down i was so glad to get it done. Aw hopefully i hear soon then.. tomorrow i hope haha i haven't heard about Keele to be honest, I heard Chester was really competitive though, but then again, they all are for child branch :frown: x
Has anyone applied to BCU for children's nursing next year? I sent my application off late September and still haven't heard anything back from them, whereas my friend has applied for the same course and sent hers off in October and has already been offered an interview. Getting slightly worried..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jessicasrowlands
Has anyone applied to BCU for children's nursing next year? I sent my application off late September and still haven't heard anything back from them, whereas my friend has applied for the same course and sent hers off in October and has already been offered an interview. Getting slightly worried..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Give them a call today. Im sure its just due to the amount of applicants.. x
Original post by abzm
is anyone applying to Northumbria, if so have you heard anything yet?

Hey, I applied 4th November and received an email on Monday for Notthumbria inviting me to an interview. I wouldn't worry if you haven't heard anything yet though :-)
Original post by Madmaddy123
Hey, I applied 4th November and received an email on Monday for Notthumbria inviting me to an interview. I wouldn't worry if you haven't heard anything yet though :-)

Which branch have you applied for?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kjade95
Which branch have you applied for?:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Child :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending