The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5580
Original post by Maggiels
I used a passport photo just because I had one lying around (but I only took a picture of the photo itself on my phone). It said any passport-style picture is fine, so maybe just as long as it clearly shows your face, and is relatively recent?

so should I tie my hair back? what if I take it with my iphone?
still waiting for physics rejection
Original post by MouseyBrown
Truly world class!

Unlike Oxford :tongue:
Original post by ForeignStudent32
Well, you can always transfer over to Cambridge easily if you don't like it at Oxford.
I dunno, I think Cambridge only poach from good Unis...
Reply 5583
In the Interview Reply form, what did it say specifically. Type it here and I can try help you out.

It just said 'upload photo'
Original post by Ambre
It just said 'upload photo'

Oh, then recent photo is fine. I believe it is to identify you during interview.
Original post by Ambre
so should I tie my hair back? what if I take it with my iphone?

No, you don't have to tie your hair back... as long as it's off your face?
Most important is that it's a clear photo with a subtle background... but it's just so they can identify you, so I'm sure it will be fine with your iPhone :smile:
Original post by Cadherin
Ah, another medic :smile:. Which college have you applied to?

Hopefully we'll hear on Wednesday 2nd December as the email told us, but I'm more nervous for BMAT in the short term!

Lady Maragaret Hall :h: How about you?

I've got interviews from my other three medical schools, so the wait for Oxford is doubly frustrating :lol: Where else have you applied?
Yeah, I'm trying not to think about the BMAT results D: How do you think yours went? :h:
Original post by Johann von Gauss
Unlike Oxford :tongue:I dunno, I think Cambridge only poach from good Unis...

Yeah Cambridge only poach from universities on the same level as itself such UCL or Manchester.
Reply 5588
Original post by Maggiels
No, you don't have to tie your hair back... as long as it's off your face?
Most important is that it's a clear photo with a subtle background... but it's just so they can identify you, so I'm sure it will be fine with your iPhone :smile:

okay, thank you! :smile:
Original post by Cadherin
Ah, another medic :smile:. Which college have you applied to?

Hopefully we'll hear on Wednesday 2nd December as the email told us, but I'm more nervous for BMAT in the short term!

I just realised you had transferred to Oxford
Reply 5590
Oh, then recent photo is fine. I believe it is to identify you during interview.

oh, that's why. I thought it was to provide you with a card to get the free meals. Thanks
I'm sorry you made such poor life choices

A bad decision at 17 shouldn't condemn you to 3 years in a University like Oxford :console:

'Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something' - Plato

Thanks for coming.
Yeah Cambridge only poach from universities on the same level as itself such UCL or Manchester.

That must mean Oxford do so from both London and Manchester Metropolitan. I've heard Bolton is pretty popular for them as well :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by enaayrah
That must mean Oxford do so from both London and Manchester Metropolitan. I've heard Bolton is pretty popular for them as well :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

OI, wot you doin 'ere?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by enaayrah

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think that is the case, but Oxford does take some students from Princeton and harvard occasonally
Original post by thechemistress
Lady Maragaret Hall :h: How about you?

I've got interviews from my other three medical schools, so the wait for Oxford is doubly frustrating :lol: Where else have you applied?
Yeah, I'm trying not to think about the BMAT results D: How do you think yours went? :h:

LMH is really pretty! I chose Oriel in the end just because it was my favourite after visiting a couple of times.

I also applied to UCL, Imperial and King's (I'm doubting 3 BMAT was a good idea after the paper!). No interviews yet, most are waiting for BMAT and King's are being quite slow... How about you?

I seem to have gone oppositely to most of the cohort - I liked S1 and think I did ok, but I probably made a buggery of S2 (badly ran out of time, so guessed at least three and made two stupid errors which I am kicking myself about now) and the essay was quite good. I answered Q2, the Christopher Hitchens' quote on assertions and evidence. The title is a blur now. :biggrin:

How was your BMAT and what are your stats?
Original post by 9dobbo1
Past threads seem to suggest that anyone who had to take the TSA can probably expect an invite in the latter-half of next week (PPE applicant here). How did you think your TSA went? ( @nhabib3 )

EEEH I screwed up the essay! The first half I think i could score 60-65
Original post by Edminzodo
Queen's for Oriental Studies! Where have you applied? What subject?

I nearly applied to Queen's for Oriental Studies but I changed my mind after I stayed there for a choral scholarship audition. Which language have you applied for? I've applied for Japanese at St John's.
Original post by C0balt
I just realised you had transferred to Oxford

Yes, I was going to apply to Caius, but changed my mind when I visited Oxford! You still applying for... NatSci I seem to remember? :smile:

Well done on your fantastic UMS btw, you didn't let the potato beat you! :biggrin:
Original post by Princepieman
OI, wot you doin 'ere?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Says person who randomly floats into the Cambridge thread because it's where all the cool kids are :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending