University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

University of Essex Applicants 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sharmila_Student
Hi!
I'm in my final year at the University of Essex and would be more than happy to answer any questions you might have! :smile:
^Sharmila

Hey, Sharmila do you study law?
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by Lin98
ah ok thank you! Was getting worried that they would be able to take my offer away aha :smile: another question. For the interview/ visit day, I might not be able to go as I live on the isle of wight so it looks like I won't be able to get there, will this effect mu application? they defiantly cant take mu offer away, even if I cant make interview? How have you found Essex? :smile:

Hi I'm one of the visit day ambassadors (meaning I'm there during interviews) we often have students who aren't able to attend the visit day. The best thing to do is to email the department to let them know your situation and that unfortunately you won't be able to attend. It shouldn't be an issue :smile:
Original post by scrawlx101
waiting for essex to reply...sent it off on 3rd nov...taking their time...how long does it take?

It varies quite a lot to be honest, I wouldn't worry too much they will just have a lot of applications to process and the deadline for application is January. I think I received my offer late December - but I did have an interview for my course.
Original post by shannon.rose
It varies quite a lot to be honest, I wouldn't worry too much they will just have a lot of applications to process and the deadline for application is January. I think I received my offer late December - but I did have an interview for my course.

thank you:smile: giving me hope applying todo psychology
Reply 24
I am a third year student at Essex and I have loved it! I am currently studying on my year abroad in Australia (which is offered to all courses if you wish to take the opportunity). There is so much to do around campus so you are never bored and there are many shops so there is not much need to go off campus. It is like a small community of people and there is a very friendly atmosphere! I do not regret my choice of choosing Essex at all! ^Sam
Reply 25
Has anyone applied for oral health science? Applied about 5-6 weeks ago still heard nothing
Reply 26
Original post by Smx
Has anyone applied for oral health science? Applied about 5-6 weeks ago still heard nothing

I applied for Oral health science also, not heard anything yet but did receive an email saying they would try to respond within 2 weeks which for me would have been today :/
Original post by laura.louu
Hey, Sharmila do you study law?

Hiya!
I study Psychology, but I do know many people studying Law- its very popular!
Feel free to ask anymore questions you may have! :smile:
^Sharmila
Yay i got into essex history!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11
Reply 29
Congratulations! Feel free to ask any questions about Essex as I am a current student :smile: ^Sam
Original post by Killerpenguin15
Hi!

I'm applying to study BSc Computer Science with industrial year at the University of Essex for 2016 entry!

:smile:

hey me too, and im also applying for the games course
Original post by Lin98
Hi, I got an offer to study Law for BBB :biggrin:
BUT I got a letter today inviting me for a visit day and an interview so I'm kinda confused. I have no problem with doing an interview, I just thought that they had already offered me a place? It defiantly says on UCAS Track that I have a place subject to conditions of achieving BBB. Does this mean that they can take my offer away? Has this happened to anyone else? Any help/info/advice would be appreciated :smile:

Hello!
I wouldn't say that they would take the offer away however, if you don't achieve BBB on your a levels they will let you know about any other options that the department will offer - maybe a foundation year (for example)

Hope that helps!
^Andriana
Original post by Xenobee
hey me too, and im also applying for the games course

Hi!
Congratulations for your choice and good luck with your application! I am a current student at the Essex university, feel free to ask me anything about it!

^Andriana :h:
I want Essex so so much, I only applied a week ago but have recieved offers from everywhere but Essex and I am getting worried! Do they usually send acknowledgements for applications? If so how long does that usually take? I have applied for English Language.

Update: I just got an acknowledgement! Exciting :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Sharmila_Student
Hiya!
I study Psychology, but I do know many people studying Law- its very popular!
Feel free to ask anymore questions you may have! :smile:
^Sharmila

stuck between essex and portsmouth for my insurance? which is better for psycho? how many ethnic minorities are there? is the acs activity? how many sports are available? can i choose optional modules e.g. creative writing for psychology in my first year?
@andriana16
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by scrawlx101
stuck between essex and portsmouth for my insurance? which is better for psycho? how many ethnic minorities are there? is the acs activity? how many sports are available? can i choose optional modules e.g. creative writing for psychology in my first year?
@andriana16

ACS at Essex is apparently quite active and guessing by your interest in the ACS you're African or Caribbean - there is a reasonable number of people from Africa and the Caribbean (from what I've seen so far)
Reply 36
Original post by Jasmine21898
I want Essex so so much, I only applied a week ago but have recieved offers from everywhere but Essex and I am getting worried! Do they usually send acknowledgements for applications? If so how long does that usually take? I have applied for English Language.

Update: I just got an acknowledgement! Exciting :smile:

Great news! What have you applied for?
Reply 37
Has anyone applied for Oral health science? If so have you had a response /interview?
Original post by amib19
Great news! What have you applied for?

English :smile:
Reply 39
Original post by amib19
Has anyone applied for Oral health science? If so have you had a response /interview?

Hi I've also applied for Oral Health Science, have only received a confirmation email so far.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending