The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by GeogersReprsent
I'm sorry you made such poor life choices

A bad decision at 17 shouldn't condemn you to 3 years in a University like Oxford :console:/QUOTE]

'Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something' - Plato

Thanks for coming.

You have to rely on an old man to think of your arguments for you? Typical toff
Original post by Johann von Gauss
You have to rely on an old man to think of your arguments for you? Typical toff

It was true then, it's still true now, evidently
Did anybody allocated to Pembroke receive an email...? :frown: I'm desperate...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cadherin
Yes, I was going to apply to Caius, but changed my mind when I visited Oxford! You still applying for... NatSci I seem to remember? :smile:

Well done on your fantastic UMS btw, you didn't let the potato beat you! :biggrin:

Haha fair!
Yup NatSci :smile:

Original post by enaayrah
Says person who randomly floats into the Cambridge thread because it's where all the cool kids are :cool:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Guilty. As. Charged. :h:

Tbf, I've toned down my posting knowing that an imminent rejection is on its way.
Original post by C0balt
Haha fair!
Yup NatSci :smile:

Drat, I got 118 on PHYA1... I wish I'd smashed dem potatoes (what looked like a Maris Piper). I got my paper back for unit 1, got full marks on particles and quanta, got to electricity and I'd dropped at least half the marks. :colonhash:

Meanwhile, following the Greenpeace protesters outside AQA headquarters, the board look for a creative renewable energy source...

Drat, I got 118 on PHYA1... I wish I'd smashed dem potatoes (what looked like a Maris Piper). I got my paper back for unit 1, got full marks on particles and quanta, got to electricity and I'd dropped at least half the marks. :colonhash:

Meanwhile, following the Greenpeace protesters outside AQA headquarters, the board look for a creative renewable energy source...

LOL
I got 118 too, dem mA scale!!!! :angry:
Yeah I'm sure I dropped my 10 marks in electricity lmao
I just found out I got invited for an interview for Law at Pembroke College. I was expecting a rejection because I felt I didn't do that well in my LNATs, I couldn't believe it! Good luck to the rest of you!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Ok - I have a question in regards to interviews/offers. I'm not quite sure how offers are given out. So you have your interview(s), and say they went really well. Will you be given an offer based on this? there are so many limited spaces I'm afraid that even if I succeed at interview I still won't get a place. Does this make sense? Word has spread that I have an interview, and whilst people are congratulating me, I can't help but think in the end most people are rejected. So I don't want everyone to have high expectations if I do end up with a rejection post-interview.

Or does it work that once you get an interview, if you do really well you'll get an offer? Or is the chance of getting an offer still slim even after a great performance? This is long-winded but I need to clarify. Thanks!
Original post by C0balt
LOL
I got 118 too, dem mA scale!!!! :angry:
Yeah I'm sure I dropped my 10 marks in electricity lmao

What stitched me as well as the mA was that stupid parallel resistance where I remember doing 1/(R+R...) rather than (1/R)+(1/R)...

Anyway, best of luck with your application, you deserve a place with those scores. :smile:
Reply 5610
Original post by merrigold
Just got an invitation for interview for Computer Science at Oriel! I'm so surprised!!!

CONGRATS!
may i ask what your grades are as one of my friends has applied to the same college for the same course?
Original post by ranayounis
I just found out I got invited for an interview for Law at Pembroke College. I was expecting a rejection because I felt I didn't do that well in my LNATs, I couldn't believe it! Good luck to the rest of you!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

Wow, congrats! :biggrin:

Does you 'just finding out' mean the email was sent to you just now or you've only just checked your emails? Seems late for it to come out :s-smilie:
What stitched me as well as the mA was that stupid parallel resistance where I remember doing 1/(R+R...) rather than (1/R)+(1/R)...

Anyway, best of luck with your application, you deserve a place with those scores. :smile:

same lmao i remember talking about it with you in other thread actually :tongue:

Haha hopefully yeah. Thanks. Good luck to you too!
Original post by ForeignStudent32
Why does the Cambridge part have so many more posts ... even tho we have more applicants.

It's always been like that. idk.

I could put a cheap jibe about Cambridge being more sociable but I won't.
Has anyone applied to or heard from University College
Original post by lucyp08
Has anyone applied to or heard from University College

I've applied to Univ too and heard nothing back yet, and I haven't seen/heard of anyone who has. The wait is killing me!
When your friend's already heard back from all their universities, including Oxford, and you haven't even had a single reply yet...
Waiting to hear back from Wadham College for PPE - I just want to find out, even if it is a rejection! I have a mock interview tomorrow at some private school somewhere because my headteacher is urging me to. I hope it isn't for nothing, but honestly I felt the TSA didn't go very well.
Reply 5618
Original post by Edminzodo
I GOT AN INTERVIEW! WOO!

They want me for four days though, what could that possibly mean?!?!?!?!

Queen's has form for the extra day thing. It's completely neutral, so no need to exult or worry..
Original post by not you
When your friend's already heard back from all their universities, including Oxford, and you haven't even had a single reply yet...

where have you applied to?

Latest