The Student Room Group

Christian assaulted by Muslims because he changed religion.

CCTV has captured the moment a father-of-six was brutally set upon by hooded thugs with a pickaxe handle outside his home because he converted from Islam to Christianity.

Nissar Hussain, from Bradford, suffered a broken kneecap, a fractured forearm and a concussion in the attack on Tuesday.

"We are classed as blasphemers by some members of the Muslim community. They call scum and treat us as second-class citizens", he said.

Detective Inspector Andy Howard, of Bradford District CID, said initial investigations suggested is was a targeted attack and it is being treated as a religious hate crime.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3325273/CCTV-catches-terrifying-moment-father-six-brutally-set-hooded-thugs-pickaxe-handle-targeted-blasphemer-converted-Islam-Christianity.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/12005859/Bradford-father-living-in-fear-after-converting-from-Islam-to-Christianity.html
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Use Err Name
You must be well informed with current affairs, always checking Daily Mail n dat

Daily Mail is the fastest usually to break stories..

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/12005859/Bradford-father-living-in-fear-after-converting-from-Islam-to-Christianity.html
Reply 2
That's not fair. He's not a blasphemer. He's an apostate.
Reply 4
Original post by Simes

Punishment for apostate is death in Islam.

"for the Prophet said, 'If somebody (a Muslim) discards his religion, kill him.'"

Sahih Bukhari, Book 52
(edited 8 years ago)
Sad. Shows the intolerance of Islam.
Reply 6
Only you'd know that :wink:

I like that you criticize more the source of the (confirmed) news than the brutal assault that took place.
Original post by demx9
I like that you criticize more the source of the (confirmed) news than the brutal assault that took place.

Not criticising it mate, just observing that you have a liking towards the DM.
Original post by Simes

For this reason he's lucky he didn't get executed.
Reply 9
Original post by TunaTunnel
kind of deserved it

explain ?
Original post by demx9
explain ?

Leaving islam and Muhammad is the most disrespectful thing
Reply 11
Leaving islam and Muhammad is the most disrespectful thing

trolling right ?
Original post by demx9
trolling right ?

How is it not disrespectful, islam opened its arms to this man, hes lucky we did not take them both off.
Looks like he was suffering from Islamophobia by choosing to leave Islam. He was poking the bee nest by leaving Islam just like those Charlie Hebdo cartoonists. I mean what do you expect !

- Illiberal logic
(edited 8 years ago)
I think it's about context really, maybe the pickaxe was being used in some sort of peaceful farewell ritual and the guy accidentally swung it and hit the man...repeatedly...because it was dark.
kind of deserved it

you condone crime.
You must be well informed with current affairs, always checking Daily Mail n dat

Whilst the daily mail is a biased newspaper, it is still a newspaper and reports the news. You might not agree with the editorial policy, but that doesn't mean the event didn't happen.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by joey11223
I think it's about context really, maybe the pickaxe was being used in some sort of peaceful farewell ritual and the guy accidentally swung it and hit the man...repeatedly...because it was dark.

breaking car windscreens is a charming ritual which originated in 8th century Baghdad when the great Abbassid caliph Abū al-ʿAbbās as-Saffāḥ shattered a mirror which one of his eunuchs held up to his face.
Original post by the bear
breaking car windscreens is a charming ritual which originated in 8th century Baghdad when the great Abbassid caliph Abū al-ʿAbbās as-Saffāḥ shattered a mirror which one of his eunuchs held up to his face.

This guy knows.

By the way this reminds me, just got back from Gambia, really nice place and amazing to see how positive everyone is when many live in poverty. It's a majority Muslim nation (85%) though you wouldn't know it, it's a shame some middle eastern nations can't use Gambia as an example of how to behave.

Anyhow a taxi driver was on about how everyone gets along and is equal, religions inter-marry, treat each other as just as important etc. So I ask him if a Christian girl marries a Muslim man must she become Christian? He says yes, and I ask the opposite, but can a Muslim women stay Muslim if she marries a Christian, he says generally it's much more likely she can, up to her.

....dat equality?
i dont know why militants insist on attacking and forcing people into their religion as if that will suddenly make them believe what they do.

Quick Reply

Latest