The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jodieee2994
I got it aswell, I wouldn't worry, I think King's would tell you specifically if they needed you to fill it out. I don't have any criminal convictions either :-)

Thank you! This UCAS business has turned me into such a worrier.
Reply 3621
Original post by Creatingchaos
Interview at Kings! 2 in one day wowowow

congratulations! do you mind me asking what time it was done on your Kings track?
Interview at King's :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by elzw
congratulations! do you mind me asking what time it was done on your Kings track?

At about 7:35 tonight
Original post by pharma21
Just got a message from Kings asking for an academic reference from an academic email address, only problem is I graduated almost three years ago and my tutor has moved to Switzerland so not sure if I can get in touch with her. Oh and they've only given me seven days to get the refrence, how nice.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, I've got one too and my referee has retired hence he used a private email. I'm going to try and get my uni to email them to confirm his position and will call kings tomorrow - I'd definitely call them tomorrow and see what can be done ☺️

Btw I graduated in 2011 so similar situation!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Medic-Kate
Hey, I've got one too and my referee has retired hence he used a private email. I'm going to try and get my uni to email them to confirm his position and will call kings tomorrow - I'd definitely call them tomorrow and see what can be done ☺️

Btw I graduated in 2011 so similar situation!

Posted from TSR Mobile

So it wasn't just me. Still its better than a rejection, I will definitely call them tomorrow and see what they say. Can't expect everyone to keep in contact with their tutors years after you graduate can they?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pharma21
So it wasn't just me. Still its better than a rejection, I will definitely call them tomorrow and see what they say. Can't expect everyone to keep in contact with their tutors years after you graduate can they?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly what I was thinking - much better than a rejection, though I nearly had a heart attack when I got the email hearing all these other interviews being sent out!

Could you let me know what they say and I'll keep you updated on what response I get by phone also 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Exactly what I was thinking - much better than a rejection, though I nearly had a heart attack when I got the email hearing all these other interviews being sent out!

Could you let me know what they say and I'll keep you updated on what response I get by phone also 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

Kings interview! 8th Jan 1.15pm

Hope everyone else hears back soon

Is there a seperate Kings GEM thread? I can't find one if there is,,

Posted from TSR Mobile

Will do. Hope this means we were on their interview list but they couldn't send them out because of the references.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sampowell92
Kings interview! 8th Jan 1.15pm

Hope everyone else hears back soon

Is there a seperate Kings GEM thread? I can't find one if there is,,

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3635029

:smile:
I'm sitting here in complete and utter disbelief that I was somehow lucky enough to get TWO interviews today, when I really really wasn't convinced I would get any. I think it's only just properly hitting me now!
Sweet Baby Jesus.

Kings. Wooo
Interview at Kings! A welcome sight as I check my emails on my first night shift as a HCA haha. 745, Band 1
Hello folks. Does anybody know if SGUL are likely to get back to us with just a yes/no to interview in the first instance, or with an actual date? In one of their email communications they said that we could let them know about dates that would be particularly convenient or inconvenient (which I though was very nice of them!). I live overseas so have quite a few timing constraints, but I don't want to start hassling them about my personal circumstances when they haven't even confirmed if I've got an interview yet (though I do meet the cut-offs and entry requirements). But I don't want to leave it too late either, as I'll be on completely the wrong side of the world for at least a week of Feb!
Question for people who've been through this process (or just know generally) - without getting too ahead of myself, if you get an offer, how long do you have to make a decision? Do they put a tight time limit on it? I've got an interview at Soton in a few weeks and I'm reasonably confident I'll get interviews at my two GAMSAT choices as I'm over their cut-offs, but Nottingham interviews, for example, aren't until March.
Ucas will not allow you to accept offers until you have decisions from all your choices. So you have no rush to decide if you get early offers

Original post by kantayya
Question for people who've been through this process (or just know generally) - without getting too ahead of myself, if you get an offer, how long do you have to make a decision? Do they put a tight time limit on it? I've got an interview at Soton in a few weeks and I'm reasonably confident I'll get interviews at my two GAMSAT choices as I'm over their cut-offs, but Nottingham interviews, for example, aren't until March.
Original post by neuronerd
Ucas will not allow you to accept offers until you have decisions from all your choices. So you have no rush to decide if you get early offers

Thanks! That's really good to know. One less thing to worry about (and I appreciate it would be a nice problem to have...!)

EDIT - it's been a looooong time since since I last went through UCAS...
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 3637
so if they've started sending out offers, soton and kings etc, would it be safe to assume they've decided a cut off or would they just be offering from kind of the top down in terms of ukcat scores?
Sorry to ask this question again (I'm sure it has been asked many times but scrolling through 187 pages could take a while) does anyone know when the Warwick selection centre is? Does it clash slightly with Newcastle's January dates? (11th-13th Jan)
Original post by MickyVee
Sorry to ask this question again (I'm sure it has been asked many times but scrolling through 187 pages could take a while) does anyone know when the Warwick selection centre is? Does it clash slightly with Newcastle's January dates? (11th-13th Jan)

It says on their website that it will be 6-9th January

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending