The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

GCSE's - 1A*,8As and 3Bs
AS - AABD - predicted A*AB but am terrified that SOAS won't accept because of the B :frown:
Reply 341
Finally heard back from Manchester, have offers from QMUL (A*AA), Newcastle (AAA) and Manchester (AAA). So pleased!! Waiting for a decision on Law with Politics at Manchester (AAB) and then Bristol (AAA).
Original post by fs1
I got 7A*21A2B at GCSE,
AABC at AS (eng lit, philosophy and ethics, french and economics)
and my school won't tell me what predicted grades they put on my ucas reference but i'm guessing at least AAA because they sent off my application to Oxford and wouldn't have let me if it was below their entry requriements.
I'm hoping that I was predicted at least A*A*(eng lit and phil and ethics) A(french).

What about you?
where have u applied and have u got any offers?
Reply 343
Original post by HannaParker
where have u applied and have u got any offers?

QMUL, Oxford, UCL, (no news yet)
offers from SOAS (AAA), City uni (300 ucas points)

What about you?
Has anyone been rejected from KCL already?
And also has anyone been offered a place at KCL, but haven't applied for a scholarship?
Original post by seasoning
Has anyone been rejected from KCL already?
And also has anyone been offered a place at KCL, but haven't applied for a scholarship?

I'm worrying about that too as I didn't apply for the first round of the scholarship
Hi everyone.

I heard back from Oxford yesterday, and I was invited to an interview on the 2nd week of December. Feeling a little more hopeful now.

Still waiting from QMUL, UCL, Nottingham and Warwick.
Original post by MHussainAli
I got a Warwick offer today :smile: Anyone know when UCL / Durham usually give theirs out?

Original post by Abhishek Dhawan
It seems it was Warwick's day today as i've had a few friends who also got offers - albeit for different courses.

I'm still waiting from Warwick. :ashamed2:
Original post by mnancy
Finally heard back from Manchester, have offers from QMUL (A*AA), Newcastle (AAA) and Manchester (AAA). So pleased!! Waiting for a decision on Law with Politics at Manchester (AAB) and then Bristol (AAA).

OMD WOOW!!! congratulations! I've applied to Manchester for law with politics and Bristol as well for law! do you mind telling me your gcses, as and predicted grades pls? xx
Reply 349
Original post by itsmayo97
OMD WOOW!!! congratulations! I've applied to Manchester for law with politics and Bristol as well for law! do you mind telling me your gcses, as and predicted grades pls? xx

I got 4 A*, 3 As, 3 Bs and 2 Cs at GCSE, then AAAB at AS and predicted A*AA at A2! doing my LNAT next week so hopefully Bristol get back to me within this year, have you done your LNAT and what's your grades?
Original post by Sense00
Still waiting for all my unis D:

Got an interview offer from Oxford, though

Congratulations! Which college did you apply to?
Reply 351
Original post by Pythian
Hi everyone.

I heard back from Oxford yesterday, and I was invited to an interview on the 2nd week of December. Feeling a little more hopeful now.

Still waiting from QMUL, UCL, Nottingham and Warwick.

Well done!

What college did you get an interview for?:smile:
Original post by elyxr
Well done!

What college did you get an interview for?:smile:

Thank you. Harris Manchester.

I honestly wasn't expecting to get this far! I feel unprepared. I'm expecting to enter the room and before everyone points at me while laughing hysterically while someone mutters "is this some joke?" :redface: :blushing:

I'm going to read up on recent important legal cases in the Supreme court and some jurisprudence Hart,Fuller etc...

*hyperventilates*
Reply 353
Original post by Pythian
Thank you. Harris Manchester.

I honestly wasn't expecting to get this far! I feel unprepared. I'm expecting to enter the room and before everyone points at me while laughing hysterically while someone mutters "is this some joke?" :redface: :blushing:

I'm going to read up on recent important legal cases in the Supreme court and some jurisprudence Hart,Fuller etc...

*hyperventilates*

I know I'm freaking out now! It still doesn't feel real!

do you have to be there at 10 on the 9th as well? I got St Peters:h:
Original post by elyxr
I know I'm freaking out now! It still doesn't feel real!

do you have to be there at 10 on the 9th as well? I got St Peters:h:

Yes! I do but at Harris Manchester (which everyone agrees is better than St Peters :biggrin:) ...

I'm going to do tonnes to practice and prep work.
Reply 355
Original post by Pythian
Yes! I do but at Harris Manchester (which everyone agrees is better than St Peters :biggrin:) ...

I'm going to do tonnes to practice and prep work.

What are you going to take with you, and what are you going to wear?

Im stressing out so much:eek:
Original post by elyxr
What are you going to take with you, and what are you going to wear?

Im stressing out so much:eek:

I know. Me too. But the course is called 'Jurisprudence' so I'm going to start in that general direction.

I intend on wearing anything that looks academic. A monocle and a board-stick are the professorial accessories of the intellectual. :biggrin:
Reply 357
Original post by Pythian
I know. Me too. But the course is called 'Jurisprudence' so I'm going to start in that general direction.

I intend on wearing anything that looks academic. A monocle and a board-stick are the professorial accessories of the intellectual. :biggrin:

This is so hard to plan are you going to do any mock interviews at school?
Original post by elyxr
This is so hard to plan are you going to do any mock interviews at school?

No. I'm what they rather charming call a "mature applicant". I'm 25 y/o and completed a Cert. of HE @ Birkbeck and got a distinction.
Reply 359
Hi just wondering if anyone has heard back from Durham yet?

Latest

Trending

Trending