The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

a it not really whisky but i'll let you off for that as it is whisky based but i can still walk arrow straight after 50 units but for you i'd guess around 15 shots
250ml

Also height has no impact on alcohol tolerance.
How do you expect us to know?
If you haven't drunk much, about 3 or 4 would get you tipsy, 8 would kick you in the face.
Reply 5
if you're a light weight then four shots, beyond that good luck captain
Fireball? Are you only 14 years old or do you have no self-respect?
Reply 7
Original post by cole-slaw
If you haven't drunk much, about 3 or 4 would get you tipsy, 8 would kick you in the face.

And how many shots would be in that bottle?
Original post by Anonymous
And how many shots would be in that bottle?

About 30? How big is the bottle?
Original post by cole-slaw
About 30? How big is the bottle?

30 exactly.
I once shared a bottle with a mate, so half the bottle each and it got me quite drunk, although that was after 7 bottles of desperados, but if OP doesn't drink often maybe 10-15 would be suffice.
Original post by Anonymous
I haven't got drunk many times before and I am wondering how many shots of this 33% whiskey would get me drunk? I think it will take me more than most people as i'm tall

http://www.lcbo.com/content/dam/lcbo/products/447953.jpg/jcr:content/renditions/cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

It depends how rapidly you drink them... if you take a 5 second break in between shots then you will be smashed after 4 or 5.... probably gonna vomit as well but if you give it like 5 minutes between shots then I'd say 8 - 12
Original post by JavaScriptMaster
It depends how rapidly you drink them... if you take a 5 second break in between shots then you will be smashed after 4 or 5.... probably gonna vomit as well but if you give it like 5 minutes between shots then I'd say 8 - 12

It takes about 10-20 minutes for alcohol to be absorbed, but OP would probably vomit, and his mouth would be on fire, since fireball is spicy.
Original post by DavidYorkshireFTW
It takes about 10-20 minutes for alcohol to be absorbed, but OP would probably vomit, and his mouth would be on fire, since fireball is spicy.

that's true, by the time it kicks in there's no telling how drunk your gonna be. but I think the main thing is that he said he hasn't been drunk many times before so shots can be risky business for someone like that
Reply 13
Original post by jamesthehustler
i can still walk arrow straight after 50 units

Now that I would pay to see.
a it not really whisky but i'll let you off for that as it is whisky based but i can still walk arrow straight after 50 units but for you i'd guess around 15 shots

Is that 50 units over a weekend yeh...?

How many units did you have before you typed this?
Reply 16
30 exactly.
I once shared a bottle with a mate, so half the bottle each and it got me quite drunk, although that was after 7 bottles of desperados, but if OP doesn't drink often maybe 10-15 would be suffice.

Ok and would the cap be the equivalent of one shot?
Original post by zigglr
Ok and would the cap be the equivalent of one shot?

1 shot is 25ml, so no, probably 2 caps?
Reply 18
I've done a bottle of Captain Morgan before and also a bottle of Vodka. Both about 30 shots which is enough to **** just about anybody.
Original post by Dheorl
Now that I would pay to see.

ok get a bottle of southern comfort, a bottle of malibu and a bottle of archers and you're on

Is that 50 units over a weekend yeh...?

christmas eve last year at work they knew it was my birthday and well everyone all the staff and many of the customers bought me a drink luckily the bartender kept a note and there was cognac, 18 year old single malt scotch, a bottle of dom perignon champagne and a double of absinthe amongst a lot of other stuff

Original post by SmashConcept
How many units did you have before you typed this?

about 8

Latest