The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone here an Earth Science/Geology applicant?
I've applied to Brasenose too!
Original post by somnacin
Brasenose! How bout you?
GCSEs 10A*s 1A and 2 distinctions
AS 3As 1B
Predicted 1A* 2As but already have an A in an Art A level so would come out with 4 A levels overall
Original post by crastle
Yeah thats true im rather the same in terms of underestimating. They interview 74% so we do have a good chance.

What are you history applicants stats if you dont mind sharing?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey, more history people! I thought the HAT was reasonable, but I kind of flew off the deep end on the third question. So I hope that the risk I took paid off (it usually doesn't in these scenarios, but I'm still hoping...). Anyway, I'm an American, so my stats don't align with British ones, but for the sake of future American applicants who might be perusing this thread: I submitted five 5s on APs (English Lit and Lang, US and Euro History, French), plus a 34 ACT.
Reply 5704
has anyone from the US received a request for interview for PPE yet??
Anyone applying to Trinity to study Law?

Seems like one of the latest colleges to send interview invites :/
Reply 5706
Original post by longsightdon
Lool got a chemistry interview at Christ church

Posted from TSR Mobile

Top stuff. How're you preparing for it?
Original post by lizzy2016
Hey, more history people! I thought the HAT was reasonable, but I kind of flew off the deep end on the third question. So I hope that the risk I took paid off (it usually doesn't in these scenarios, but I'm still hoping...). Anyway, I'm an American, so my stats don't align with British ones, but for the sake of future American applicants who might be perusing this thread: I submitted five 5s on APs (English Lit and Lang, US and Euro History, French), plus a 34 ACT.

Im interested to hear more about your flying off into the deep end! Please share

Posted from TSR Mobile
Also which college have all the history applicants applied too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Zephex
Got allocated to Somerville instead of Keble for law! So happy :smile:

Congratulations! Sorry to ask, but does that mean that you got an actual interview at Somerville or did they just inform you that you are now being considered by them? I am a fellow law applicant at Somerville :smile:
Original post by crastle
Im interested to hear more about your flying off into the deep end! Please share

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha, I just made a connection between his observation of the dog-ones and his worldview that might have been a little too ambitious. Plus I used a little background information, which you're not supposed to do. So we'll see. And to answer your other question, I'm applying to Christ Church!
Original post by lizzy2016
Haha, I just made a connection between his observation of the dog-ones and his worldview that might have been a little too ambitious. Plus I used a little background information, which you're not supposed to do. So we'll see. And to answer your other question, I'm applying to Christ Church!

What made you choose christ church? Youre the first ive seen applying there

Posted from TSR Mobile
Brasenose 😊
Original post by crastle

Posted from TSR Mobile
Any interview offers yet for Mat Sci/Trinity?

Overseas applicant (Italy)
Original post by crastle
What made you choose christ church? Youre the first ive seen applying there

Posted from TSR Mobile

A few factors. Visually, of course, it's stunning. I also like that it's one of the largest colleges. And the other facilities (especially the cathedral, whose choir I love - I'm sort of a closet Palestrina fan, and the picture gallery) also add to its appeal.
Reply 5715
Original post by crastle

Posted from TSR Mobile

I chose Oriel

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by icamui1
Congratulations! Sorry to ask, but does that mean that you got an actual interview at Somerville or did they just inform you that you are now being considered by them? I am a fellow law applicant at Somerville :smile:

Nice to meet you :smile: they just said that, and I quote "You will be invited for an interview at Oxford, but the invitation will be sent by Somerville instead of Keble". Good luck with your application!
Law applicant here.

Just got an interview invitation from Trinity! (:
The grades i got in GCSE : 5A* 3A
Alevels: Maths, Physics and Chemistry, might do some extra math modules
Course: Physics
College: no idea

idek if i have a chance im in my first year of alevels and im following the reforms so i wont have any as grades to apply with
Original post by walrustrainer
Law applicant here.

Just got an interview invitation from Trinity! (:

Congratulations! I'm still waiting on Univ for Law, they seem to also be a slow college! :frown:

Latest