The Student Room Group

The Cricket Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I don't understand how the guy hits the ball so hard. It's a ridiculous innings. Waited a long time for it but this is a not so gentle reminder that he's a world class talent.

Loved the call to promote him as well, Morgan backing his players yet again.
Misbah retiring from ODI had been the bane of this side. No consistency at all except for losing streaks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 82
I don't even know what I've just witnessed. Phenomenal from Buttler. Christ. What a strike rate. Unbelievable.

That's the highest overseas ODI total England have ever managed. What a day.
How many balls was Buttlers hundred off? Sounds like quite the innings.
Reply 84
Original post by The Wavefunction

46. Joint 7th fastest ODI century in history.

.111...11611.1..12.6.442446.21.4246641421.6266 (104 off 46) ..4422 (116 off 52)

17 off 19 balls at one point, then scored 87 runs off 27 balls to get his century. 3.22 runs a ball. What.
Reply 85
Original post by The Wavefunction

Original post by Louis.
46. Joint 7th fastest ODI century in history.

17 off 19 balls at one point, then scored 87 runs off 27 balls to get his century. 3.22 runs a ball. What.

He beat his own record by 15 balls ffs.

Fair play to Roy, too. His century seems almost forgotten. Bless him.
Reply 86
The rate Buttler was going between 17 and 104 (as in when he was set), that's what ABDV did from ball 1 to set the 31 ball record.
Hats off to Buttler - he has got it in his locker to do that and will ramp up his confidence which according to KP, would be low. Wonder if the latter will give credit to the people who stuck by him, and got his Mojo back. Pakistan's one day team is in trouble. Was surprised to read Azhar started so briskly at the top but Azam looks more assured down the order. Lots of work to do in this format for them it seems

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aky786UK
Hats off to Buttler - he has got it in his locker to do that and will ramp up his confidence which according to KP, would be low. Wonder if the latter will give credit to the people who stuck by him, and got his Mojo back. Pakistan's one day team is in trouble. Was surprised to read Azhar started so briskly at the top but Azam looks more assured down the order. Lots of work to do in this format for them it seems

Posted from TSR Mobile

Azhar and Babar should open. Anwar Ali is a terrible bowler. From Wasim & Waqar to Anwar.
England have won a one day series abroad- well done to Jos Buttler and Jason Roy especially.
Reply 90
Since the train wreck of the world cup we've gone 5 for 5 against the best 2 sides in the world and comprehensively won a series on the subcontinent. Remarkable turnaround.

Across all formats I'm loving watching England right now, more than I can ever remember. We're not even particularly good, but there are a bunch of likeable guys and a bunch of hugely talented players who could go on to be really special. We even have a legspinner ffs.
Original post by The_K1NG
Azhar and Babar should open. Anwar Ali is a terrible bowler. From Wasim & Waqar to Anwar.

No wouldn't have Babar opening. Didn't do too great in the few games he had and seemed it was a stop gap. Shame Hafeez won't man up and open as an experienced player should, Steyn ruined him it seems forever in that role. Babar better suited bit down the order for me

Posted from TSR Mobile
How many times have Pakistan even chased a score over 300?
Original post by Enginerd.
Only Pakistan can help out of form players regain form. Azhar needs to go. Don't know who will replace him but losing ODIs constantly is disappointing, especially at home.

Posted from TSR Mobile

And India.
Reply 94
What a win. A great way to wrap up the series, and Buttler will correctly take the plaudits.

He was excellent in his explosive spell, and that second fifty (from just 16 balls) was just breathtaking. He doesn't need good footwork, he plays the shorter format of the game better than anybody else England have produced in years.

Roy's century was understated and classy, but equally crucial to the cause today.

Pakistan were really poor in the field, and they could have punished England's bowlers more than they managed. Ali and Rashid were expensive but their currency is wickets, and they managed three apiece. That'll do nicely, though the latter should benefit from time over in the Big Bash because he still needs improvement.

Woakes was underwhelming, and if I'm honest, I find our white-ball bowling choices problematic. Both Willey and Topley probably deserve time in the red-ball set-up, should they impress next season at a domestic county level. We shall see.

A great series victory, and it has only emphasised the impact Strauss has had since coming in and placing emphasis on the ODIs.

Looking forward to the T20s now.
Raymond Van Schoor of Namibia has passed away today after suffering a stroke a couple of days ago while batting.

http://www.espncricinfo.com/other/content/story/942675.html

I follow associate cricket quite a bit, so especially saddened upon hearing this.

RIP
Reply 96
Only 25 years old. Dreadful.
Okay, so according to my knowledge, BCCI agreed with PCB to a MoU as long as they agreed to follow suit of a Big 3. Now, they don't want to play a series in UAE, where it was agreed, but compensate PCB for their losses? Seems legit. Not totally surprised to be honest. Now BCCI are part of the Big 3 and Pakistan lose out due to dishonesty.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 98
Buttler's innings yesterday will give Bell a little hope that his career isn't over in red ball cricket, given that he can go away and regroup his thoughts and come back revitalised.

I think he should call it a day, though. He should've gone out on a high post-Ashes.
Original post by Aky786UK
No wouldn't have Babar opening. Didn't do too great in the few games he had and seemed it was a stop gap. Shame Hafeez won't man up and open as an experienced player should, Steyn ruined him it seems forever in that role. Babar better suited bit down the order for me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Babar opens for his domestic team and he has a good technique. We need to persist with Azhar and Azam as openers if we are to do well in New Zealand, England and Australia next year. If Shehzad and/or Hafeez opens next year, we would be 2 down in the first two overs.

Quick Reply

Latest